Golden Princess completes her season in Australia today 8 April 2019

1 hour ago, Westaussie said:

Was a beautiful day yesterday friends of ours came up from Wellington.  looking forward to boarding and like you all the way to Vancouver fly to Toronto to visit family  ( better than flying both ways )

Definitely better than a long flight, have a great cruise.

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

Okay, so Princess wharf is the one next to the Hilton then.

Yes ..Princes Wharf --- (we dont have a Princess Wharf) - has the Hilton and also the Apartments where owners have to hold on to any  glassware on their shelves when a ship berths due to the vibrations.😄 

13 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

What's Princes wharf for then? Is it only overflow when Queens is unavailable?

I guess its a bit like Portside in Brissy, It was the cruise terminal until the Hilton and the property developers "enhanced" the area. The Hilton had to agree to their conference facilities being used  as a terminal until Queens was redeveloped. 

Now Princes is used as an additional berth and I have noted that some ships seem to prefer it due to their egress and docking  requirements...eg  Solstice only seems to dock at Princes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Yes ..Princes Wharf --- (we dont have a Princess Wharf) - has the Hilton and also the Apartments where owners have to hold on to any  glassware on their shelves when a ship berths due to the vibrations.😄 

Okay, must be great living with that convenience right on your door step though.

3 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

I guess its a bit like Portside in Brissy, It was the cruise terminal until the Hilton and the property developers "enhanced" the area. The Hilton had to agree to their conference facilities being used  as a terminal until Queens was redeveloped. 

Now Princes is used as an additional berth and I have noted that some ships seem to prefer it due to their egress and docking  requirements...eg  Solstice only seems to dock at Princes.

Interesting.

We also the Solstice docked next to the Hilton Hotel on the same day we left (Tuesday).  She left at 4.00pm and we left just after 7.00pm.  A great cruise so far but it’s been quite cool and the seas have been a bit ‘lumpy’.  The staff have been wonderful and the Golden, from what I can see, is in great shape - we are having a great time and relaxing during our 5 sea days to Papeete.  We have also had 2 18th’s of April, which just happens to be my birthday, so I get to celebrate twice, just so long as I don’t gain 2 years in 1!!! 🙂🙂 

25 minutes ago, Busy Mum said:

.  We have also had 2 18th’s of April, which just happens to be my birthday, so I get to celebrate twice, just so long as I don’t gain 2 years in 1!!! 🙂🙂 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

They have arrived in Papeete -  Looks a bit stormy .

Just had a quick look and there are bout 6 cruise ships heading home across the Pacific, ...no wonder the port at Papeete needs so many oil storage tanks.😀

978863974_21papeete2.jpg.0638f8b63e70f896bc0682c399ad6ee3.jpg705579114_21papeete.jpg.188a45f46dbb45be44a4b084fa810352.jpg1129725032_21papeete2a.jpg.e1ca867f5cf2025921addd1ba25e3e90.jpg

• Like 1

Spot on David - our Equator Ceremony is at 3.30pm today.  It’s lovely and warm and quite humid.  The seas are a little lumpy but certainly nothing to be worried about.  Let’s hope the Captain gets thrown in the pool! We are also having a Dawn Service in the morning, up on the top deck, we will be there! 🙂 

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 9:57 AM, MicCanberra said:

BTW, did anyone happen to see the 'Coast' episode that featured Port Chalmers and the albatross chicks.

Absolutely - loved the series on New Zealand and that on the British Isles.

On 4/16/2019 at 4:43 PM, MicCanberra said:

Okay, must be great living with that convenience right on your door step though.

We stayed in one of those apartments for 3 nights before boarding Solstice last month. It was fantastic. We just had to wheel our suitcases a short distance to the baggage drop-off area. 

Didn't notice any vibrations though.

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 12:45 PM, Busy Mum said:

We also the Solstice docked next to the Hilton Hotel on the same day we left (Tuesday).  She left at 4.00pm and we left just after 7.00pm.  A great cruise so far but it’s been quite cool and the seas have been a bit ‘lumpy’.  The staff have been wonderful and the Golden, from what I can see, is in great shape - we are having a great time and relaxing during our 5 sea days to Papeete.  We have also had 2 18th’s of April, which just happens to be my birthday, so I get to celebrate twice, just so long as I don’t gain 2 years in 1!!! 🙂🙂 

I have a few people in my family have their birthday on the 18th. BTW, the official rule when you spread your birthday over two consecutive days, is that it only counts as 1/2 a birthday on each day.

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 1:12 PM, Kiwi Kruzer said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Ditto, as well 

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 7:21 AM, Kiwi Kruzer said:

They should be having the crossing the line ceremony today .From the cam it looks like a nice smooth day for King Neptune to come aboard as they cross the equator.

A great ceremony to be part of. Even better to just watch the others with a drink in hand.