Marella Explorer 2 reviews

Any one who's been on the maiden voyage/cruise or even better still going to be onboard for longer ready to post a review yet?

Give us all an update on how it went, good & bad, and if possible photos or even better videos on YouTube

lots of photos/videos on facecloth, plus some people are moaning already without even being on the ship. apparently the coffee port is too big, have they noticed it also includes the library

Is the first cruise finished yet?

Lots of stuff on Facebook including an update on the luggage debacle herewith

Just had a reply from Marella Cruises.. Hi Rob, There's no bonded luggage for Naples. You'll need to collect your luggage as normal ^Kyle

Hide or report this
my response Well can they tell their confirmation team to alter their emails that say it is coz i got an email yesterday saying it is bonded and its causing a lot of grief and confusion for people.
FB reply  apparently they are in the process of passing on the info down the chain.

17 hours ago, Wee Magoo said:

Yip that's what I meant - not on Facebook - so can't see any reviews/photos/videos as of yet

I'd join then, lots of comments, reviews, pictures etc

20 hours ago, 2BACRUISER said:

Just had a reply from Marella Cruises.. Hi Rob, There's no bonded luggage for Naples. You'll need to collect your luggage as normal ^Kyle

Hide or report this
my response Well can they tell their confirmation team to alter their emails that say it is coz i got an email yesterday saying it is bonded and its causing a lot of grief and confusion for people.
FB reply  apparently they are in the process of passing on the info down the chain.

12 hours ago, ormy said:

Marella replied to my email, Naples flights are definitely not ' Bonded '.  Pity about that, but too good to be true

Please can someone explain what Bonded means in Ref to Luggage and flights. Thanks

52 minutes ago, cruzinchad said:

Please can someone explain what Bonded means in Ref to Luggage and flights. Thanks

Bonded is when you check your cases in at the airport and then don't see them again until you are in your cabin. Whereas usually  you collect your luggage when you leave the plane and take to the waiting coaches.

I'm not sure why people aren't offering explorer 2 reviews on cruise critic 🤔🤨 but I join her on 15th May and will report back on here. It's a tad more civilised than FB 😊

Trawling thro the FB comments sounds bit of mixed bag. Food, entertainment, general ship all good. Few cabin issues mainly hard & fixed beds, uncontrollable air con, non flush toilets, non working safes and noise front and rear. Imo normal snagging issues on a first cruise. Crew all get top marks, a good few from other Marella ships u will know. Hth wee maggoo x

1 hour ago, 2BACRUISER said:

I'm not sure why people aren't offering explorer 2 reviews on cruise critic 🤔🤨 but I join her on 15th May and will report back on here. It's a tad more civilised than FB 😊

Trawling thro the FB comments sounds bit of mixed bag. Food, entertainment, general ship all good. Few cabin issues mainly hard & fixed beds, uncontrollable air con, non flush toilets, non working safes and noise front and rear. Imo normal snagging issues on a first cruise. Crew all get top marks, a good few from other Marella ships u will know. Hth wee maggoo x

I don't  do FB so I'm waiting for reviews on here. Hopefully any snagging problems will be sorted by the time you go, we have to wait until October.  There are always moaners but hopefully any criticism will be constructive.

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 10:53 AM, 2BACRUISER said:

Hide or report this

I think you should post this on the embarkation thread.It might alleviate any confusion about bonding thru Naples.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pensioncruiser said:

I think we will just have to wait and see as I posted at the outset of this we received an amended booking which was specif about being bonded, but Tui have always had problems with communicating with customers😳

No worries,be sure to post the outcome afterwards,cheers,Brian.