Symphony of the Seas Snacks

Hi everyone,

Setting sail this Saturday 4/13!!! YAY!! I do have a question.  Is there somewhere on the ship where you can get snacks? We would like to bring some "noshies" and water with us when we are out on the excursions. Thanks.

1 minute ago, South Shore 41 said:

Hi everyone,

Setting sail this Saturday 4/13!!! YAY!! I do have a question.  Is there somewhere on the ship where you can get snacks? We would like to bring some "noshies" and water with us when we are out on the excursions. Thanks.

Park Cafe has individual bags of chips.  I think they have individual boxes of cereal in the Windjammer at breakfast too.  Can't think of anything else that's pre-packaged and portable off the top of my head.

2 hours ago, TITISSA said:

What type of snacks are there at Sorrentos?

Nothing that can be taken off the ship that I can think of. You are only allowed to take prepackaged, unopened items. 

4 hours ago, spookwife said:

Only factory sealed non perishable items can leave the ship at any port.  

Have traveled to many many ports in different countries and the majority only allow sealed bottel water only due to their biosecurity laws ,that's what those puppy dogs are checking for food. 

4 hours ago, Judyrem said:

Do they have chips or pretzels?

See post #2. Since people tend to be greedy and grab all the little bags of chips for excursions, they might be handing them out rather than leaving them in the open for people to take. They may also run out. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cruiselover0426 said:

They have never ever checked our bags leaving the ship. Only coming back on.

Not true. Often there are cute little dogs sniffing around. You can be fined heavily if caught. Why would you want to mess with a country’s ecosystem because you are too cheap to buy something in port?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gerif said:

Not true. Often there are cute little dogs sniffing around. You can be fined heavily if caught. Why would you want to mess with a country’s ecosystem because you are too cheap to buy something in port?

Never ever saw a dog sniffing around.  I personally do not bring food off the ship I was simply offering a suggestion to the OP.  How do you just go and say something about being cheap? I don't know what eating a sandwich that is brought on a day trip has to do with the ecosystem.  I am not cheap but I think you might be a little crazy and over the top.  BTW, I bring plastic straws with me on the cruise so I don't have to use disgusting paper ones.  I'm sure you'd like to leave a comment about that too. LOL.

3 hours ago, Cruiselover0426 said:

Never ever saw a dog sniffing around.  I personally do not bring food off the ship I was simply offering a suggestion to the OP.  How do you just go and say something about being cheap? I don't know what eating a sandwich that is brought on a day trip has to do with the ecosystem.  I am not cheap but I think you might be a little crazy and over the top.  BTW, I bring plastic straws with me on the cruise so I don't have to use disgusting paper ones.  I'm sure you'd like to leave a comment about that too. LOL.

YES YOU DO NOT KNOW. 

http://www.agriculture.gov.au/import

THIS IS A LINK TO AUSTRALIAN BIOSECURITY 

not laughing at all 

• Like 1

We were definitely "sniffed" coming and going in Cozumel.

We have been sniffed at Cozumel as well, but not every port and I’m sure we have brought cruise cookies before. They really don’t want you bringing fruit - at least that’s what they told us when we asked and was on par with the collected items. Presumably there are no bugs in your cookie but there might be in your fruit!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk