More Mardi Gras announcements

jimbo5544

Never really been a big fan of upgraded rooms. However, these ship within a ship areas have at least caught my eye. Probably not something I would always do, but maybe for a special occasion or a bigger group.

People have asked for better pools on Carnival, and did they deliver on a ton of options this time around! While there are usually private lounging areas available on most Carnival ships, I don't like removing myself from the fun. I have a great time on the lido deck. I wonder if there would be any entertainment at all in the Loft. Probably not loud blaring music though.

No way do I see $50 for port day cabanas sticking around. With the amount of passengers on the ship, and the ports not necessarily being rare destination ports, I would bet big money that it doesn't last long at that price.

3 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I paid less than half of that to rent a Cabana in Vibe on the Breakaway and it was worth every penny. I liked the Vibe cabana set up better than what I’m seeing in drawings of the Mardi Gras cabanas. They were more private and all faced the ocean with no room in front of it for other people to stand there. That all said I’d definitely rent one for the week. It’s so nice being a legal chair hog. No stress... 

I'll have to check out NCL's cabana's because that sounds heavenly! Not sure if we would rent a cabana for the week on Mardi Gras but $50 for a port day is a great price. Especially for a port you may not be interested in getting off the ship for

2 hours ago, Joebucks said:

No way do I see $50 for port day cabanas sticking around. With the amount of passengers on the ship, and the ports not necessarily being rare destination ports, I would bet big money that it doesn't last long at that price.

I agree.  I think that $50 in port rate is very reasonable.  Heck, I might even rent one and I don't hang out at the pool very much anymore.

3 hours ago, soulsistah007 said:

I'll have to check out NCL's cabana's because that sounds heavenly! Not sure if we would rent a cabana for the week on Mardi Gras but $50 for a port day is a great price. Especially for a port you may not be interested in getting off the ship for

I will admit that the $50 cost for a whole port day is lower than I anticipated.  Grand Turk, here we come!  

I do wonder how they will execute the rentals, if the Excel suite guests get priority, at what point do they open up anything remaining to the masses?  Week before sailing?  Day of sailing - mad rush to guest services?!  And can you get bumped off if an Excel suite guest decides they want one after all?

Oh, and I did a mock booking for one of the Presidential Suites.  Hah!  Yeah, not likely, mate!  Would pay for three "regular" cruises where we get extended balconies!

1 hour ago, ginger123snaps said:

Family of 5 with 3 boys ages 12, 12, 11 during sailing of March 13, 2021.  We were able to book the Excel suite.  So excited!

So excited for yall Ginger!  Which one did you get?  We got the Excel Aft Suite for 4/3/2021.  I bet my hubby is going to spend the night on the balcony with that daybed!

19 hours ago, Dylobs said:

Just getting off of work and I’m finally catching up on all of the Mardi Gras news! Such an exciting day of announcements!

I originally had my hubby and I booked into a Havana Vista Suite, now called a Havana Cabana Corner Suite, and after these Excel-class announcements I’ve defo put a hold on a room so that we can transition into a Carnival Excel Corner Suite!

The hot tub, outside loungers, and cabana on deck really sold it for us. Loft 19 is an additional perk that we are excited to experience as well - it appears that Excel guests will have access to the area, but the rented Cabanas are just an optional touch to make things a little extra special 😉😁

This room is not only much better than the day time access to the Havana area for us, but we also will have a better view since the Havana Vista/Cabana Corner suites have an obstructed view out of the front of the ship.

The best part for us is that the two rooms were nearly the same price!

My only question now is if Carnival will let us keep the $100 p.p. OBC that they gave when they originally opened bookings for Mardi Gras. I’ll certainly find out once I get home and call!

I booked a aft wrap LS suite for a Jan 2021 cruise today.  Just had to do it.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, cparkerkite said:

So excited for yall Ginger!  Which one did you get?  We got the Excel Aft Suite for 4/3/2021.  I bet my hubby is going to spend the night on the balcony with that daybed!

Thanks, We are excited also!  I really wanted one of the aft suites but none could sleep 5.   So I got category DS which is an excel suite.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ginger123snaps said:

Thanks, We are excited also!  I really wanted one of the aft suites but none could sleep 5.   So I got category DS which is an excel suite.  

If you are talking the aft wrap LS suites, the ninth floor ones (at least) sleep 5.

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

If you are talking the aft wrap LS suites, the ninth floor ones (at least) sleep 5.

I spoke with two different carnival agents and both confirmed that we couldn't fit 5 in these rooms.  Have you been able to book 5 in this room?  

2 minutes ago, ginger123snaps said:

I spoke with two different carnival agents and both confirmed that we couldn't fit 5 in these rooms.  Have you been able to book 5 in this room?  

hmmmm, I will take another look  We are talking about the LS aft wrap suites...correct?.

4 minutes ago, ginger123snaps said:

I was looking at the march 13th sailing.  

Sold out for that sailing, the Carnival reps should have been able to tell you that tho.....

Edited by jimbo5544

4 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Sold out for that sailing, the Carnival reps should have been able to tell you that tho.....

Our spring break is March 13 so "sadly" we will be "stuck" in our "awful" mid ship excel suite ;))))))

The first rep wasted my time for 45 minutes.  He did not know anything about the ship and categories and was fumbling with me.  I must have been his first call....really!  I hung up and called back and got someone who knew what she was doing.  She should have told me it was sold out instead...she said it wasn't an option.  

As a family of 5....I have learned not to rely on agents and do my own research.  Its not uncommon for me to talk agents through bookings.  With mardi gras being so new..I really didn't waste time researching it....I wanted to grab a cabin and think later 🙂

5 minutes ago, ginger123snaps said:

Our spring break is March 13 so "sadly" we will be "stuck" in our "awful" mid ship excel suite ;))))))

The first rep wasted my time for 45 minutes.  He did not know anything about the ship and categories and was fumbling with me.  I must have been his first call....really!  I hung up and called back and got someone who knew what she was doing.  She should have told me it was sold out instead...she said it wasn't an option.  

As a family of 5....I have learned not to rely on agents and do my own research.  Its not uncommon for me to talk agents through bookings.  With mardi gras being so new..I really didn't waste time researching it....I wanted to grab a cabin and think later 🙂

Understand all that, we have 5 grown kids....maybe next time reach out to a TA, they can provide you the level support you want for ALL your travel needs.  Enjoy your suffering with the mid ship excel suite.

3 hours ago, ginger123snaps said:

I ALMOST booked that one.  It has a HUGE balcony and the room is so spacious with the table!  That'll come in handy with the kids.  We are going on spring break, so I'm hoping that we will at least get to swim at the pool in Loft 19.  On the Magic, it was so crowded that my daughter could only dunk under water and then get out.  No swimming at all.  Then we tried the hot tubs, but they always had 8 or more people crammed in there.  I'm really excited that we can get in our hot tub on our balcony and she can play and swim around all she wants while we enjoy that beautiful view! 🙂

58 minutes ago, cparkerkite said:

I ALMOST booked that one.  It has a HUGE balcony and the room is so spacious with the table!  That'll come in handy with the kids.  We are going on spring break, so I'm hoping that we will at least get to swim at the pool in Loft 19.  On the Magic, it was so crowded that my daughter could only dunk under water and then get out.  No swimming at all.  Then we tried the hot tubs, but they always had 8 or more people crammed in there.  I'm really excited that we can get in our hot tub on our balcony and she can play and swim around all she wants while we enjoy that beautiful view! 🙂

When I thought we could fit 5 in the aft cabin I was looking at both of these cabins.  It’s a toss up because you get a nice balcony with the aft but the rooms looks more narrow.  It seems more spacious with the DS category but it really isn’t.  Either way it doesn’t matter because even though you can fit 5 in some of the aft excel suites they aren’t available for my sailing.  I’m torn and would like both I think.  The midship location I got is nice but that aft balcony.....can’t go wrong there either!

I have to say that those Excel Suites really look great, and the added perks are a plus. Congrats to those of you that were able to book one.

Does anyone have an idea when Carnival will release more sailing beyond April 2021 for Mardi Gras? Thanks

I haven't sailed Carnival in a long time.  We have been enjoying the ship within ship concept for quite some time on other lines.  Looking forward to trying something new.  I am curious though...what are the chances they will include a private restaurant for those staying in the suites?  On RC they open up one of the specialty restaurants as a "private" restaurant for suite guests for breakfast and lunch.  I only say this because the price was not much less then what we would pay on other lines.  I booked directly through carnival.  

13 minutes ago, ginger123snaps said:

I haven't sailed Carnival in a long time.  We have been enjoying the ship within ship concept for quite some time on other lines.  Looking forward to trying something new.  I am curious though...what are the chances they will include a private restaurant for those staying in the suites?  On RC they open up one of the specialty restaurants as a "private" restaurant for suite guests for breakfast and lunch.  I only say this because the price was not much less then what we would pay on other lines.  I booked directly through carnival.  

It certainly has come in my mind as well, but would be another significant step for Carnival to take.  The way Carnival announces stuff is typically in dribbles, stretching out the process to get the biggest bang for the buck.  I guess it could still come out, will it?  I have no idea...

Also, not to get greedy here...but typically other lines include alcoholic beverages for guests 1 and 2, wifi, and a private lounge area, reserved seating at shows.  Having said that...other lines don't include soda packages for all guests in the cabin...so it is a trade off I guess.  Don't get me wrong...I am excited for something new...but its hard not to compare what you are getting for your $ also.