MSC Armonia stern deck question

NoName

I am looking at the deck plans for the MSC Armonia and am interested in a cabin at the very back of the boat.  It appears there are public decks easily accessed from these area?  I am not a fan of pool areas and greatly prefer quiet places to read.  Are there chairs in these areas to sit out and enjoy the weather?  Anyone have pictures of these areas on the different decks?  Also, on the deck under the lifeboats, do they have lounge chairs in this area?  Any pictures would be appreciated as well.  Thanks. Kim

There is no seating provided in any of the areas you've referenced.  Sorry - I don't have photos of the aft areas.

There is also a great area at the front of the ship where you can enjoy entering/leaving ports.  You need to go up to deck 12;  right next to cabins # 1201 or 1202 (either port or starboard) there's a door which leads out to a forward-facing deck.  It's often out-of-bounds as it's extremely windy at the front, but it's fine when the ship is either sailing slowly or at a complete stop.

• Like 1

Hi all,  

Apologies to the OP for the off topic question (although I'm also interested in the answers for that question).  As I am booked in 1204 on the Armonia will there often be people in the area referenced in your post Beamafar?  It sounds like a wonderful place to be while coming into ports etc., but should I think of changing cabins?

Again, sorry OP....but glad you asked wonderful questions!  It's my first time on MSC and I'm very excited!

😃

It's one of the quietest areas on the ship, Tymike.  We were in cabin #1201 on Sinfonia;  so few people know about that access door that I often had the forward deck area to myself.  I used to bring a chair from my balcony and sit out front.  😀  We enjoyed the views from here sailing down the Suez Canal!  

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 8:37 PM, NoName said:

I am looking at the deck plans for the MSC Armonia and am interested in a cabin at the very back of the boat.  It appears there are public decks easily accessed from these area?  I am not a fan of pool areas and greatly prefer quiet places to read.  Are there chairs in these areas to sit out and enjoy the weather?  Anyone have pictures of these areas on the different decks?  Also, on the deck under the lifeboats, do they have lounge chairs in this area?  Any pictures would be appreciated as well.  Thanks. Kim

seems to be a popular area when leaving port as per the image below

Also the cabins appear to be ocean view and I think they are designated as such on the deck plans, it's a bit difficult to distinguish the various shades of green on my screen 

armonia.jpg

pete

I spent a lot of time in the evenings on those back decks. Its always been one of my favorite views at night, just watching the wake from the boat and taking in the night sky. There are chairs on these back decks, but none on deck 6 under the life boats. 

Here are some photos from the stern of the MSC Armonia. A great place for relaxing and enjoy the magnificent view and wake of the ship. When we did our cruise on the MSC Armonia the stern decks were mostly deserted while at sea but in ports there where sunloungers there.  Enjoy your cruise on this cozy ship.

DSC03434.JPG

DSC03438.JPG

DSC03439.JPG

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Hi NC emoji6.png

That area in the second photo is immediately outside of La Pergola dining room where we enjoyed lunch al fresco one day that the ship was in port:

0bd8ab41f6e5a2b2a175d6dac00c9fb9.jpg266f3c6288bcd324f0742092b8e5b313.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Great photo Bea, thanks for sharing. Looks very nice 🙂 We didn't had al fresco lunch on our cruise from Las Palmas in January, a bit chilly for that. 

2 hours ago, Norwegian Cruiser 73 said:

Great photo Bea, thanks for sharing. Looks very nice 🙂 We didn't had al fresco lunch on our cruise from Las Palmas in January, a bit chilly for that. 

I think this was the first time they had al fresco dining, NC.  It was only for those in Fantastica and Aurea suites.  We had chosen a table next to the railings so we could watch the water as we dined.  However, we had to move to a table next to the restaurant entrance due to the soot from the funnel falling on us (and destroying my white capris lol).

• Thanks 1

It was only for those in Fantastica and Aurea suites, GM.  They only set it up for one time at lunch when we were in port.  I don't think they felt it was worth the trouble and I haven't read any reports since about it being offered again.