Worst cabin attendant ever!

Clampram

This is a first for us. Generally our cabin attendants have been great but we lost the draw this time. Our cruise started Saturday and each day has gotten progressively worse. Never received our robes (pre-ordered), Cpap water (pre-ordered), the Blue Princess bag for day trips. Glasses used for wine on Saturday left in room dirty until today(Tuesday) when hubby put them out in the corridor. No evening service also and we are in a mini suite.  Sheet not tucked in on the bed

I will certainly be leaving a bad review for him. Don't want to do anything in the middle of the cruise.

No CPAP water is an issue that should have been addressed with Passenger Services immediately. Did you ask for the blue bag? I would if I didn't get one. We rarely get the robe even though it's requested for my wife. No biggie as they are generally poop. No evening service??? I would complain to Passenger Services. Not acceptable at all.

• Like 3

Why would you wait until the end of the cruise?  Speak with his/her supervisor immediately!  Calmly explain the errors of the person's work and explain that this is not what you expect from Princess.  If the problem isn't corrected right away, go to the Head of Housekeeping.

If you handle this right away, you are saving others from having to deal with this bad cabin steward later.  Speak up!   

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Clampram said:

This is a first for us. Generally our cabin attendants have been great but we lost the draw this time. Our cruise started Saturday and each day has gotten progressively worse. Never received our robes (pre-ordered), Cpap water (pre-ordered), the Blue Princess bag for day trips. Glasses used for wine on Saturday left in room dirty until today(Tuesday) when hubby put them out in the corridor. No evening service also and we are in a mini suite.  Sheet not tucked in on the bed

I will certainly be leaving a bad review for him. Don't want to do anything in the middle of the cruise.

Curious as to why you have not made an immediate report to the head of housekeeping? IMHO this is a case when that should occur! 

• Like 5

Just now, Clampram said:

Well we feel that to do this in the middle of the cruise would make the second half of the cruise pretty unconfortable for us

It already sounds uncomfortable. Either the steward does the assigned job of they get moved to a different job. I had a bar server issue where I asked for "straight up" and my wife asked for "on the rocks". He reversed the order so I sent it back. He then brought me the cold and diluted scotch that had simply had the ice removed. I took it to the bar and explained the issue. The bartender dumped it out, shook his head, and gave me the proper drink. That bar server never reappeared during the rest of the cruise. Likely sent back to learn his job in the crew bar. Poor or incompetent service is simply not acceptable. Your cabin steward is one of the main Princess representatives that will affect your perception of the line. The steward needs to do the job properly.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Clampram said:

Well we feel that to do this in the middle of the cruise would make the second half of the cruise pretty unconfortable for us

Our last steward asked us to use the card that goes in the door to communicate with him as to when we wanted service. Worked like a charm. 

• Like 1

The robes are never in the room with a pre-order. We always have to re-request them upon boarding.  

We didn’t have our little elite perks bag full of goodies on the first day. A simple request and it was fulfilled quickly. Got the robes on day two. 

Have you asked to soeak to the housekeeping supervisor for your section? 

Sorry you drew the short straw. 

That happened to us once. 

We too are onboard.  

We did get the blue bag.  Just write him a note. As far as wine glaases, I thought that 

was in the  purview of room service to remove? It’s been our experience that they will not touch those glasses if they have  even one drop of wine left, since some people would  get mad and accuse the steward of pouring out their alcohol. 

What we usually do to let them  know we are done is rinse the glasses in the sink first and move them to a place like the table or bathroom sink to indicate that we ate indeed finished.  Hopefully things will improve. 

I was typing at the same time as others, 

but I would strongly encourage you to speak to the steward and make your requests known, since itvis day 4 of 7, and if thing haven’t gotten better by tonight then get tge supervisor involved and don’t worry about retribution.  They need to get it right.  You are spending good  money.  Be brave. Pave the way for future cruisers. 

Edited by 4cats4me
  • Like 4

No, we put the empty glasses on a room service tray and when we returned to the room the same two dirty glasses were back on our desk area. I think we will complain soon. We didn't get the robes until last nite when I finally saw him and asked for them. Also there are black hairs on the carpet from day one.

Has anyone done a formal complaint with housekeeping? If so, what happened?

Well, being the "little housekeeper" that I am.  I wash the wine glasses, with hot water and soap, then put them back next to my bottle of wine.  I can't be bothered to call room service for new glasses every day.

I agree with the comment about putting the card in the door.  If that card is missing, it's easy for your cabin to be missed for turned down.

To the OP,  please just have a brief, polite conversation with your cabin steward.  I agree that some stewards are better than others, but they should at least be meeting the minimum requirements.  

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Clampram said:

No, we put the empty glasses on a room service tray and when we returned to the room the same two dirty glasses were back on our desk area. I think we will complain soon. We didn't get the robes until last nite when I finally saw him and asked for them. Also there are black hairs on the carpet from day one.

Has anyone done a formal complaint with housekeeping? If so, what happened?

Sorry, I didn't see your comment about the glassed before I posted mine.

Tell your steward that your cabin needs vacuumed.  There's no excuse for that. I would give them a chance to make it right before I went to the supervisor. 

• Like 2

OP:  while your steward may seem inefficient or clueless, the fact that you have not made your wishes known leads him or her to believe you are pleased with your cabin service.

Your steward, not CC members, needs to know of your displeasures ... if he or she doesn't know there's a problem, he or she can't fix it.  Talk to your steward ... which is what you should have done with the very first service issue you experienced.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I have posted here due to frustration with the situation. We asked for a blanket on day one and got it on day 3. Asked for the robe on day one and got it on day 3. Removed dirty champagne glasses this morning after 4 days of them being there dirty and they were placed back on the desk - dirty. We have used the door card every single day. he hasn't cleaned or left new linen in the evening on any day....I could go on and on.

I believe we will go to the desk in the morning to complain. I shouldn't have to ask him to clean, we are in a mini suite and this is far and away the worst service we have ever had. I shouldn't have to ask him to wash glasses and, no I am not washing them! I am not a prima donna but I am also not washing dishes in the cabin.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Clampram said:

I have posted here due to frustration with the situation. We asked for a blanket on day one and got it on day 3. Asked for the robe on day one and got it on day 3. Removed dirty champagne glasses this morning after 4 days of them being there dirty and they were placed back on the desk - dirty. We have used the door card every single day. he hasn't cleaned or left new linen in the evening on any day....I could go on and on.

I believe we will go to the desk in the morning to complain. I shouldn't have to ask him to clean, we are in a mini suite and this is far and away the worst service we have ever had. I shouldn't have to ask him to wash glasses and, no I am not washing them! I am not a prima donna but I am also not washing dishes in the cabin.

Okay, after hearing this, i would DEMAND 

to speak with the supervisor immediately.  Call them. Call housekeeping.  Ask another cabin steward in that section to get the supervisor and tell them everything. 

This is unacceptable on so many levels.  

We were freezing on day 1, asked for blanket, got it. To not have evening service? Ridiculous.  

Wonder what the other people in your section are experiencing? 

I really hope  you get resolution immediately and please come back and let us know the outcome.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clampram said:

When you speak to the supervisor - ask for a different room steward so it is not uncomfortable for you and your wife.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 2

You spoke with him in order to rectify things. It didn’t work. I encourage you to escalate things if these oversights are hindering your enjoyment.

On a cruise last year, our cabin attendant kept making mistakes similar to the ones you mentioned. I would politely remind him about robes, towels, glasses, coffee pods, etc. He would apologize but then failed to replenish these items again. Later on the cruise we learned why he was so absent minded. His contract was up halfway through our cruise so we got a new cabin attendant. When the new one introduced himself, we asked him what happened to our last one and he informed us that the other attendant’s contract was up and he’d gone home, and that he had just started his and boarded the ship that morning. The good news is that from that point on, our service was spot on.

• Like 1

I think ideally you politely state your expectations to the stateroom attendant as soon as you notice the issues, if the following day the issues remain you go to housekeeping, if still no resolution it's time for to advise the hotel director.  There does seem to be a lot of flexibility in this area with no two being alike in the way they address their duties.  FWIW on our most recent cruise we had robes (don't recall ordering them), elite pkg and 2 lotion tubes upon entering and the blue bag arrived the night prior to the first port.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, shipndip60 said:

A closed mouth will never get fed !!!!  How can you think things will get better if you don't say anything?  You posted your comments here, now take them right to the person that really needs to hear them!!!😉

Excellent suggestion!  You're spot on!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Clampram said:

You need to handle this ASAP IMO.  It's not going to get better if you wait.  Think of all the wimpy people who came before you and didn't do a thing about it.  They could've handled it and you would've had a better experience. 

You're doing a service to that cabin steward - maybe this isn't his life's calling?  Maybe he's meant to be doing something else that he would be AMAZING at?  Help him move on or learn how to be better at his job. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Clampram said:

Well we feel that to do this in the middle of the cruise would make the second half of the cruise pretty uncomfortable for us

Report him ASAP!!

He will be reassigned. If he isn't, ask for that to happen.

You're the one who paid for the cruise...not the steward.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shipndip60 said:

A closed mouth will never get fed !!!!  How can you think things will get better if you don't say anything?  You posted your comments here, now take them right to the person that really needs to hear them!!!😉

Exactly. I would give him another chance. Let him know your request. Also curious if your neighbors experience the same issue?