Worst cabin attendant ever!

Clampram

6 hours ago, oskidunker said:

I would remove half the automatic tips . Thats what I did one time when I had bad service in the dining room. Went up the chain of command and nothing changed. 

I am not sure why you would want to cut your contribution to the Cabin Steward's tip from you by half when you are trying to punish the dining room staff by cutting their tip in half.

Of course you are also cutting your share of tips to staff at the buffet, pizza stand, hamburger stand, etc. in half.

5 hours ago, caribill said:

I am not sure why you would want to cut your contribution to the Cabin Steward's tip from you by half when you are trying to punish the dining room staff by cutting their tip in half.

Of course you are also cutting your share of tips to staff at the buffet, pizza stand, hamburger stand, etc. in half.

Unfortunately Princess doesn't leave people much of a choice other than the comment cards.

They're the ones that created the program & didn't leave any adjustment for specific departments.

Every time my husband and I board a ship I ask for the room steward...find him, introduce myself to him and shake his hand where I have a folded $20 bill. Never had any trouble getting anything at anytime...anywhere 😀

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Clampram said:

Well we feel that to do this in the middle of the cruise would make the second half of the cruise pretty unconfortable for us

I disagree. If you complain properly, it could make the second half of the cruise better.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Clampram said:

I have posted here due to frustration with the situation. We asked for a blanket on day one and got it on day 3. Asked for the robe on day one and got it on day 3. Removed dirty champagne glasses this morning after 4 days of them being there dirty and they were placed back on the desk - dirty. We have used the door card every single day. he hasn't cleaned or left new linen in the evening on any day....I could go on and on.

I believe we will go to the desk in the morning to complain. I shouldn't have to ask him to clean, we are in a mini suite and this is far and away the worst service we have ever had. I shouldn't have to ask him to wash glasses and, no I am not washing them! I am not a prima donna but I am also not washing dishes in the cabin.

Why are you being sooo passive aggressive and posting here rather than taking care of the issue?  “I believe I will go to the front desk today” and “I think we will complain soon” certainly indicates your behaviors are actually more detrimental than the cabin steward’s.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, myjillian said:

Every time my husband and I board a ship I ask for the room steward...find him, introduce myself to him and shake his hand where I have a folded $20 bill. Never had any trouble getting anything at anytime...anywhere 😀

We never bribe Stewart.   🤔

• Like 11

I am not one for confrontation either...but I agree you should go to the manager.  I don't think you should remind him/her what is expected...they should know what their job entails it is not your place to train.  If you asked for extras like more towels...that is different but here it seems that they are just not doing their job in general so I would not tell them that you expect them to clean your room and do turn down as that is what they were hired and trained for...I would tell the manager as it is their place to train their employees not you while on a vacation that you spent some good money on.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, myjillian said:

It's not a bribe...it's a "hello" I'm glad to meet you😃 and please don't yell at me...by the way who is Stewart?

More often than not, when someone is referring to their ship steward, they spell it Stewart.😉

We had a similar situation, he came in without knocking and the sign was on the door. He told us things in the cabin class. where wrong on the website. Finally told him not to come in unless he see,s us leave. Left a bad review on the card and relayed this to our TA. 2 months later we find out our TA complained to the cruise line for us and they gave us $250 obc each. 

2 hours ago, Mom33 said:

More often than not, when someone is referring to their ship steward, they spell it Stewart.😉

I wish people would stop perpetuating this. It really isn't funny and it confuses people who don't know it's a joke.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I wish people would stop perpetuating this. It really isn't funny and it confuses people who don't know it's a joke.

I really think some of this is caused by computers auto correcting

5 hours ago, Micah's Grandad said:

I would first have a detailed conversation with steward giving them chapter and verse of your displeasure. If things do not improve immediately would have a conversation with their supervisor. No reason to accept such bad service.

That is by far the best way to deal with this. Never had a bad steward, but if we did, this is what I would do.

Cutting gratuities is ridiculous. You are not penalizing only your steward. Solve the problem - either directly with your steward, or with his supervisor. There is no way that Princess will not deal with this immediately.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Mom33 said:

5 hours ago, myjillian said:

My Bad😕 Thank you for the correction .

That's why I type attendant..just like the OP.....covers both male & female and don't have to think about the spelling😉

Edited by land lover

16 minutes ago, land lover said:

That's why I type attendant..just like the OP.....covers both male & female and don't have to think about the spelling😉

Good idea...thank you again😉

I am not paying for bad service. Princess has decided to combine all the tips so we have no way of penalizing who is bad. As I mentioned, I complained to everyone and nothing changed. It was the last resort  and I told them why. 

8 hours ago, myjillian said:

Same here!

Never had a problem with a cabin steward when you make their hand green at the first meeting.

Also this works well at automobile dealer service.

Learned that from my father

Howard