Worst cabin attendant ever!

Clampram

The first thing is to be kind to your steward and gently, but firmly, ask for what you expect in the way of service ( it's their job on the line) If, there is no satisfaction, then write a sealed note to the hotel manager and hand it into the customer services desk, noting who you are handing it to. The management skills of the hotel managerment will kick in ,without further distress to either yourself or you steward and peace will reign supreme. 

On 4/11/2019 at 11:58 PM, caribill said:

Actually, they will be allowed to keep the cash tips if the giver has not reduced/eliminated the daily gratuity.

I never remove the auto tips.  However,  every day, I leave $2 and a piece of snack candy with a note thanking my steward for something.  It is my understanding, too, that, if don't remove the auto tips, they pocket the money.  Once I had steward who "forgot" to fill my ice bucket one day and did not leave me a box of Kleenex as our box was empty.    Left the tip but the note asked if he would please fill the ice bucket during the day and bring me some Kleenex..  Didn't happen so the next day no $2, no candy.  I think he got the "message" because the ice bucket was always filled after that and other minor requests taken care of (lol).  At the end of the cruise, I leave a positive review (worth more to them than money), a note thanking them for their service and $10.  

If they are really that bad then wait until you get the survey form and fill it out honestly without exaggerating. If the staff member is a problem then it will show up when many others do the same thing and eventually their contract will be over.

On the other hand it protects the crew member because if a passenger is too picky then the other good reviews will outweigh the bad ones.

At the very least you should speak to him directly and say what kind of service you are used to and expect so they know what you want. Things like missing robes or bags could mean a shortage on board or other stewards stockpiling them elsewhere for the benefit of the cabins they are looking after.

On 4/12/2019 at 1:23 PM, Ron the Rev said:

The first thing is to be kind to your steward and gently, but firmly, ask for what you expect in the way of service ( it's their job on the line) If, there is no satisfaction, then write a sealed note to the hotel manager and hand it into the customer services desk, noting who you are handing it to. The management skills of the hotel managerment will kick in ,without further distress to either yourself or you steward and peace will reign supreme. 

That sounds like a lovely way to handle it☺️

19 hours ago, Tucker in Texas said:

I never remove the auto tips.  However,  every day, I leave $2 and a piece of snack candy with a note thanking my steward for something.  It is my understanding, too, that, if don't remove the auto tips, they pocket the money.  Once I had steward who "forgot" to fill my ice bucket one day and did not leave me a box of Kleenex as our box was empty.    Left the tip but the note asked if he would please fill the ice bucket during the day and bring me some Kleenex..  Didn't happen so the next day no $2, no candy.  I think he got the "message" because the ice bucket was always filled after that and other minor requests taken care of (lol).  At the end of the cruise, I leave a positive review (worth more to them than money), a note thanking them for their service and $10.  

My husband will write a note to remind the cabin steward what we had asked for verbally ie..more hangers...remove the chair etc.  Also the fact that we like our ice bucket filled every nite...even when we will tell them no service is needed the ice bucket will be filled and delivered...😊