Cruise Critic Community
Airrace

Looking for a printable port guide

Hello

I am looking to print a cruise port guide for Castries, St Lucia. I like to just have some brief information and a walking map to town and a list of things to do.  

I like using Tom’s Port Guides but he doesn’t have one for this country.

Don't know of a printable port guide.  (We also love Tom's Port Guides, when available)  We were just there and did a Cosol Tour for the second time which we loved.  The enclosed port area has a few shops, but the town of Castries was crowded and full of traffic while we exited to begin our tour of the beautiful lush island.  I personally wouldn't walk around the town, even though we do in other places.  In my opinion this is definitely the place to take a tour to see the beautiful island.  And we felt safe and well-cared for on our Cosol tour.  There was another thread recently that talked about the town if you want to read that: 

No printable port guide that I know of. Castries isn't a quaint village - it's very much a gritty working capital city.  There's little in the immediate area for tourism it sites of interest, etc. 

Mainly the Castries Craft and Food market is worth a visit - right across from the ports areas - can't miss it.  Huge selection of local produce, meats and fish, food stalls, and crafts - everything from typical chotchkies on through local handicrafts. And a wide selection of local spices and such.  

Derek Walcott Square and the cathedral are lovely, about a 2-3 minute walk from port. Vigie Beach is a 25-30 minute walk from port.  Otherwise, there's not much in the area.. definitely recommended to take a tour or hire a driver to get out if the area and enjoy all St Lucia has to offer