MoveUp comes to the U.K.

upwarduk

47 minutes ago, jimzgoldfinch said:

I also got e-mail BUT the instead of "Find Out More" i get "Sign Up Today". 

It could be dependent on whether you're inside or outside of the MoveUp bidding period for your cruise, ie. whether you have a cruise departing in less than ~45 days or not?

7 minutes ago, mikkelhansen said:

It could be dependent on whether you're inside or outside of the MoveUp bidding period for your cruise, ie. whether you have a cruise departing in less than ~45 days or not?

I don’t even have a cruise booked with Celebrity, but still was sent the email.

When I clicked on  Find out more, it then invited me to read the Terms & Conditions.

Edited by upwarduk

4 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

I don’t even have a cruise booked with Celebrity, but still was sent the email. 

When I clicked on  Find out more, it then invited me to read the Terms & Conditions.

That's my point, perhaps if you have a cruise departing in less than ~45 days, you instead get the "Sign up today"?

2 hours ago, mikkelhansen said:

That's my point, perhaps if you have a cruise departing in less than ~45 days, you instead get the "Sign up today"?

My next cruise is Jan 2020. I have not been able to find any info. I was asked to sign up but I’m already on their mailing list. It would seem I’m now on two lists using different email addresses

Considering  this promotion has only just been announced in the UK today, we have just received a Move Up offer for our Silhouette TA leaving Fort Lauderdale on Sunday!  We are currently C2 and have been offered Acqa, Sky Suite, Celebrity Suite or Royal Suite. We probably will not be placing a bid but certainly didn’t expect to receive an email at what is effectively less than 100 hours prior to sailing when it only became available to UK bookings from 9am this morning!  Interestingly, the email offer has come to the second named person on the booking and not the primary name!

I sent an e-mail to Celebrity UK only last week, as I was reading all these 'Move Up' posts on Cruise Critic, and I am sailing from Rome in September. The reply-

Thank you for your email.

I am afraid this is not something that we offer in the UK, this is for US bookings only.

If you want to upgrade your stateroom you would need to pay the relevant charges.

No e-mail informing me of any changes.......

12 minutes ago, baljaffray said:

I sent an e-mail to Celebrity UK only last week, as I was reading all these 'Move Up' posts on Cruise Critic, and I am sailing from Rome in September. The reply-

Thank you for your email.

I am afraid this is not something that we offer in the UK, this is for US bookings only.

If you want to upgrade your stateroom you would need to pay the relevant charges.

No e-mail informing me of any changes.......

First question is, have you opted out of Celebrity UK marketing emails?

Secondly, having read many posts from North American travellers,  these emails inviting passengers to bid have to be targeted but I am not sure how Celebrity manage the targeting. A good example is my forthcoming booking where my wife and I are on one booking - I am listed as the primary passenger but it was my wife who received the Move Up ‘invitation to bid’ email. 

Also, this programme was only released to the UK market today ......... if you asked yesterday, they would say no, not available because it wasn’t........but today, it is.

8 hours ago, mikkelhansen said:

Yes, I had sign up and have booking for less than 45 days. Again, I’m already on their mailing list so it appears I’m now on another one.

We received the email this afternoon offering upgrade for our forthcoming cruise on 6th May.  My husband is the lead name but was addressed  to me.  The offer is Sky suite, Celebrity Suite or Royal Suite...

I think generally even in the US the emails for MoveUp bidding goes out around the 30 day mark.  However I'm on a lightly booked cruise at the end of May where we did receive emails for bidding just after the EDocs were released.

5 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I think generally even in the US the emails for MoveUp bidding goes out around the 30 day mark.  However I'm on a lightly booked cruise at the end of May where we did receive emails for bidding just after the EDocs were released.

Which cruise?

Received e mail in UK yesterday, made two bids, sail date 20th April, so close to sail date, however Celebrity only advertising inside cabins as available, so not over hopeful on a successful outcome. 

I rang my contact cruise person at Celebrity. He didn't know about this email (I received it yesterday) and said it was another dept and I would have to ring them for info. However I had been ferreting about on the site and had seen a Sky suite there, one of the ones at the back corner of the ship, with porthole window and doors onto a very spacious balcony..... On my last cruise I had done a cabin trawl for the roll callers and we were fortunate enough to have a sky suite and a Celebrity suite to visit. I think it was a C suite and on viewing it.... there was a separate bedroom and then spacious lounge. The Sky suite just had the one room but with much more space than a balcony cabin. So I knew I would be very happy with a S suite. Have read reviews and it sounds great. I am now not going to read/watch re any deals. Hubby has his internet and as I keep releasing the 'little perks' of suite life to him, he is perfectly happy 🙂

Just have to be patient now with 140+ days to go. 

I have just received a Move Up email for my upcoming Celebrity Silhouette Cruise to Amsterdam. If it was a longer cruise for the same money to upgrade then oh my god yes I would be biddjng but i’m really happy with my sunset view concierge class cabin as I picked it out especially! 

1 hour ago, kikki21 said:

I have just received a Move Up email for my upcoming Celebrity Silhouette Cruise to Amsterdam. If it was a longer cruise for the same money to upgrade then oh my god yes I would be biddjng but i’m really happy with my sunset view concierge class cabin as I picked it out especially! 

Yes, I’ve had it too. Not worth it for such a short cruise.