Cruise Critic Community
richbum

Favorite ship and...

Vista, due to itineraries, crew, dining options, deck plans, bars and the ships stability. We felt no waves at all on two Vista cruises. Off season was better than high season, of course, but we had a great time both times sailing her. 

We’re looking forward to Panorama coming to LB. She’ll make sailing the MR much more enjoyable. 

On 4/10/2019 at 2:11 PM, sanmarcosman said:

Take away the art auctions from the entire fleet.

Waste of space, food

and cabin accommodations for those involved!

Usually the next ship we sail is our favorite but any ship within the spirit class, sunshine class, or conquest class is sized and amenitied right for us. 

I don't think we have a favorite ship but our best cruise was probably on the Paradise to Cuba. The crew was amazing and the food was great compared to other recent cruises. All of the Fantasy class ships kind of blend together and we've been on 6 of them. There is something about the simpler layout and less people that appeals to us. 

I've sailed on Conquest, Magic, Breeze, and Freedom.  Breeze was my favorite until I sailed on the beautiful, laidback, uncrowded Freedom.

I would try a smaller ship but nothing larger.  So right now, it's the Freedom.

We like the Spirit Class ships, and have sailed on the Legend, Miracle and Pride. Just came off our 6th Carnival Pride cruise. We like the smaller ships; the mega ships are beautiful, and nice for families. There are more activities, etc., but I think with fewer passengers, service is better, venues less crowded, etc., so we hope that a few smaller ships stay around for awhile longer.

The Celebration is my favorite Carnival ship. Met my beautiful wife while onboard in 1997.  First kiss was in the Red Hot Piano Bar, on her neck (hello Joe Biden). We were married in the ship's library in 1999. Good memories.

We have not found a ship that we don't like.  We have been on 6 cruises and a different ship each time.  If I had to pick just one it would be the Breeze.

Posted (edited)

So far the Sunshine has been my favorite one. I absolutely loved the serenity (the size and the fact that you still felt involved and not tucked away) and the dining options. The only things I didn't like were the theater and the lack of outdoor space.

Edited by hotsauce126