UK cruisers, might be worth checking for price drops on Southampton departures.

kernow

My parents booked a W suite guarantee on Explorer 31st Aug 2019 cruise while on Indy last Sept. I've been keeping an eye on prices for them and today noticed a big price drop. They have just called and saved over £1000. Obviously I don't know prices for other cruises but if you are booked on any Southampton sailings this summer it may be worth checking. 

Hope someone else is lucky,

Julie

35 minutes ago, kernow said:

My parents booked a W suite guarantee on Explorer 31st Aug 2019 cruise while on Indy last Sept. I've been keeping an eye on prices for them and today noticed a big price drop. They have just called and saved over £1000. Obviously I don't know prices for other cruises but if you are booked on any Southampton sailings this summer it may be worth checking. 

Hope someone else is lucky,

Julie

So did they have to cancel and rebook to save money as they wont allow you just to get the lower rate?

No, they allowed them to get the lower rate with the same booking, just adjusted the price. They did book onboard and I think they say that you are allowed one change with that. However they sometimes bend the rules even if this is not the case. I was able to get a price drop a couple of months ago on a cruise that I had booked direct with the UK office. They said that as all the conditions were the same as what I had booked they would allow it, someone else on our roll call was also able to get the same drop.

7 minutes ago, kernow said:

They said that as all the conditions were the same as what I had booked they would allow it, someone else on our roll call was also able to get the same drop.

Same for us - we were allowed a price drop but only because all the conditions were the same.  In my case, It took a bit of persuading to get them to do it and the operator had to go and check with a supervisor first.  No harm in asking though especially if there's a lot of money to be saved. Our original booking was online direct with RC. We are UK cruisers but not sailing from UK -  it is Barcelona 7 day med on Oasis.  Good look op 😉 

not seen a price drop on ours so far.

But booked with Tesco vouchers, anyone on here had any past experience getting a price drop when booked this way?

Good to see it's worked for others though.......

Jules

Just saw a good suite guarantee price pop up for our 14th May Explorer trip from Southampton, so have phoned and upgraded to that.... it went from online immediately though so was the only one available, and there's currently two suites available - a panoramic, and a grand.

Finger crossed! But what is the betting they'll upgrade someone in a junior and we'll get their old cabin? 😉

But does seem to be a little flurry of reasonably priced suite guarantees just recently.

57 minutes ago, beardedladies said:

Just saw a good suite guarantee price pop up for our 14th May Explorer trip from Southampton, so have phoned and upgraded to that.... it went from online immediately though so was the only one available, and there's currently two suites available - a panoramic, and a grand.

Finger crossed! But what is the betting they'll upgrade someone in a junior and we'll get their old cabin? 😉

But does seem to be a little flurry of reasonably priced suite guarantees just recently.

Upgraded from an inside to a suite gty for very reasonable price a few weeks ago!  On the sailing before you so we miss each other again......!!!!

Still no movement on the Anthem TA in Nov20.... the one in Apr20 dropped like a stone for a few hours last week.

Fingers crossed

LBxx

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Upgraded from an inside to a suite gty for very reasonable price a few weeks ago!  On the sailing before you so we miss each other again......!!!!

Still no movement on the Anthem TA in Nov20.... the one in Apr20 dropped like a stone for a few hours last week.

Fingers crossed

LBxx

So near yet so far! Seems like a lot of prices are falling at the moment, but then we did think the UK prices overly high so perhaps the adjustment is overdue.

We're on Anthem for the Apr20 TA, in a JS on that one and as all sold out no price drop for us :-(