Sitting with friends in the MDR

1 minute ago, Paulette3028 said:

We have at times gone to the dining room host to have a table arrangement changed because we met some new people on board and want them to join us....and like IslandLady says....it gets done.  They are usually great.  

That's my point.  Table accommodations do not happen in a vacuum.  RCI and you may be happy, but in our case we were moved to someplace we did not want to be.  We were not happy.

39 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

That's my point.  Table accommodations do not happen in a vacuum.  RCI and you may be happy, but in our case we were moved to someplace we did not want to be.  We were not happy.

I wasn't happy when people left our table because they had a difficult first night in the MDR.....the four of us seemed to have great conversations, yet we all know that some 'first nights' can be rough in the MDR, since everyone is 'finding their way'.  The couple we were with that first night, had trouble getting the kind of wine they wanted, and they felt it showed a disorganization that shouldn't be.....and these people were not 'first time cruisers' either.  

You are right, table accommodations do not happen in a vacuum.  It must be a mammoth job to seat people in MDR and then to have people who requested MDR (early or late), simply NOT show up is rude and inconsiderate.    If people who knew they were NOT going to be using the MDR would let Royal know, the evenings dinner service would go better.  But too many people are inconsiderate.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2019 at 4:43 PM, Paulette3028 said:

You are right, table accommodations do not happen in a vacuum.  It must be a mammoth job to seat people in MDR and then to have people who requested MDR (early or late), simply NOT show up is rude and inconsiderate.    If people who knew they were NOT going to be using the MDR would let Royal know, the evenings dinner service would go better.  But too many people are inconsiderate.

I feel bad- on our last cruise we bought the UDP, and it completely slipped our mind to tell the MDR people we wouldn’t be coming.  We won’t forget next time 😞

We have a party of 8 on our upcoming Rhapsody cruise.  One couple did not know to request MTD when booking (the other 6 of us have MTD).  When we tried to link the reservations we found out that they are assigned to late dining.  The have been put on the "wait list" to join us.  How likely is it that we will be able to get this fixed if we go to the dreaded podium upon boarding?  Should I try to send an email to the dining department and see if they will change it now?  I have never had this issue before and would like to avoid any problems.  We have the 3 night dining package so I know we will be able to sit together on those nights. 

Edited by TxStacey

18 minutes ago, TxStacey said:

We have a party of 8 on our upcoming Rhapsody cruise.  One couple did not know to request MTD when booking (the other 6 of us have MTD).  When we tried to link the reservations we found out that they are assigned to late dining.  The have been put on the "wait list" to join us.  How likely is it that we will be able to get this fixed if we go to the dreaded podium upon boarding?  Should I try to send an email to the dining department and see if they will change it now?  I have never had this issue before and would like to avoid any problems.  We have the 3 night dining package so I know we will be able to sit together on those nights. 

I would go ahead and email next week -- three weeks out is when they usually start looking at a cruise.  

Let them know that you're all in a group and want to be linked, and they can likely get you taken care of beforehand.  

Just wanted to come back and thank Paulette for posting the e-mail for the dining department.  I sent them an email this morning and got a prompt reply with my issue fixed.  I was not able to even close to being able to get this fixed on the phone with customer service!  Yay for Cruise Critic!

Edited by TxStacey
  • Like 2