Paradise Beach Review- March 2019

bandjwayne

We got off our ship (Carnival Paradise) in the morning & took a taxi to Paradise Beach (PB) ($15 each way). PB does offer an all inclusive rate now that they tried to sell us but I had researched a head of time and knew that with the kids we were not going to eat & drink enough to cover that price ($63/adult, $44/12-17 yr old, $38/5-11 yr old). Instead I paid the $3/person cover charge and $10 food/beverage minimum. We also paid the $18/ person charge for the fun pass (ocean waterpark, kayaks, etc.) The kids and hubby had a blast in the water park, esp. launching each other off the one jump inflatable. Tip...have someone hold the inflatable while the other person gets on so it doesn’t tip over! We watched many people struggle before my husband helped them out. We really liked how these water toys had pads next to them to made getting on them much easier. There was a worker who would go out to check the air in them & kick people out who didn’t purchase the wristbands. I had hoped to use the kayaks too, but the wind picked up & I wasn’t comfortable trying them so be prepared for that. We also used the pool after we had had our fill of ocean water & loved the gigantic size of it. Chairs were readily available by both the beach & the pool. Banana boat rides & parasailing were also available although we didn’t try them. When we were ready to go back to the ship plenty of taxis were available. I’d definitely return to PB again!

0efb73c0ae473896966cae4c45f12320.jpg

23eaf981a685bd0121128c20aa25fd99.jpg83f4916267ccf928d3b4805553364b3c.jpg

4607014aa5017b93c18ebe86f215cef1.jpg

bd475b0a1d33af390d7320323c8737c8.jpg

e7efd2316e9fc44f5afe700a710bfd6b.jpg. Paddle boards & kayaks were included with the water park. Tip - go before it gets windy!

ebdf27d1c793f2879638d04ab8c80cae.jpg Mexican Platter

8858eebbf7d11aaaa9a7fdb843b0e1a9.jpg. Chips with salsa & guac

4e807acfac9b2605e68fe88d151e600c.jpg

159830dddc62dc49b0bd1955491c54eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan181 said:

Thanks you for your review! Did you find you needed water shoes to swim in the ocean (off the beach)? How was the seagrass? 

There are a few Rocky areas, but we did not need water shoes and had very little issues with seaweed/grass when we were there in February.

13 hours ago, rcprncss said:

Great review.  Thank you.  

How many ships were in port with you?  The beach doesn't look so crowded from your pictures but the pool does!

I believe there were 7 ships in port this same day.  We were in Cozumel from 10-8 & I believe we got off the ship around 11 and headed over to PB then and stayed until around 3.  It was pretty quiet for the first few hours and then got busier after that.  My beach pics probably don't look too crowed though because I purposely tried to avoid getting lots of people in the pictures.

• Like 1

Yes, this is what we would want to do as we aren’t big drinkers.

how is snorkeling at PB? Do they have any boat tours to a reef? 

Do you just take a taxi and show up to pay the entrance fee or is a reservation required to enter?

• 3 weeks later...

Great review, thank you!  Do you know if they still had the mojito cart next to the restrooms?  We went last year for Spring Break and they had the best mojitos we've ever had.  Cozumel is on our upcoming itinerary and I'm contemplating doing it again because of those darn drinks.  Helps that the kids enjoyed themselves too lol

4 hours ago, farler05 said:

Can you buy the AI for the adults but a la carte for the kids?  The adults would probably be worth the money for us.  But the kids are super picky so I can't see them eating/drinking that much.

Here are the requirements according to website

https://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/paradise-beach-all-inclusive/

1 hour ago, farler05 said:

Thanks!

Anybody know offhand how far from the port it is?

About 10-15+ minutes in a cab and the posted fare for up to 4 passengers sharing the cab should be about $17 each way.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the review.  We are a family of 10 going to Paradise Beach in July.  Looking for suggestion of how to get from the ship to beach and the cost.  I know you said it cost $15.00 each way but was that per person or for four.  Any idea if we could get One 10 person van?

4 hours ago, joyce&bob said:

Thanks for the review.  We are a family of 10 going to Paradise Beach in July.  Looking for suggestion of how to get from the ship to beach and the cost.  I know you said it cost $15.00 each way but was that per person or for four.  Any idea if we could get One 10 person van?

Not sure if the have vans big enough for 10 passengers? You will likely need to split up into 2 cabs. Prices for more passengers (i.e. 5-6, 7-8) will be posted.

5 hours ago, joyce&bob said:

There are some larger vans if you pre-book (not worth it for a trip to Paradise) but I am not sure if they would be waiting at dispatch. Ask the dispatcher?

Price will depend on pier ( there are three, so remember which one for return trip) but prices are listed on a board at dispatch - good idea to take photo and check with driver before you leave. This site listes prices for two of the piers

https://www.cruzely.com/complete-list-of-cozumel-taxi-rates/

Edited by c-leg5

• 2 weeks later...