Internet stream??

Hello - was wondering about the strength/quality of the internet on Independance of Seas? We were hoping to be able to watch game of thrones via HBO go on the Sunday we are there and curious if it is even possible. Thanks!

Yes.  Indy has O3b internet which is the better and newer satellite platform.

I streamed my Slingbox on Indy in January.  

No satellite internet is perfect and there may be times when the Voom isn't perfect.  For example during rain it can slow way down.   

20 minutes ago, Queen of Oakville said:

Can't speak for INDY but Royal has the best internet at sea - especially if you have surf and stream.

Indy has O3B internet. Other lines' ships, like Regal Princess also use O3B - RCI doesn't have a monopoly on the better medium earth orbit sat internet service.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Queen of Oakville said:

Can't speak for INDY but Royal has the best internet at sea - especially if you have surf and stream.

Royal used to have the best.  Now they are more expensive for the same service using the same satellite provider as other lines.  Both MSC and Princess have O3b ships.  A select few Carnival whale tail ships use it too.  

Royal is no longer the best internet at sea but they are often the most expensive.  

On 4/11/2019 at 4:01 PM, twangster said:

Royal used to have the best.  Now they are more expensive for the same service using the same satellite provider as other lines.  Both MSC and Princess have O3b ships.  A select few Carnival whale tail ships use it too.  

Royal is no longer the best internet at sea but they are often the most expensive.  

Free for me 🤣

1 minute ago, Patsfan3 said:

Do you think my son could still watch videos on the slower one?

Depends on the video quality.  Higher quality video will likely have lots of buffering.