Cruise Critic Community

Just booked an aft wrap LS suite on this sailing, anybody else?

We booked a couple of months ago - but not an aft wrap suite!!!  Nice!!  Very excited to see the new ship. 

Hey, Jimbo....Don't sink the ship.  I want to get on when you leave. LOL!!!

On 4/10/2019 at 7:15 PM, jimbo5544 said:

Just booked an aft wrap LS suite on this sailing, anybody else?

Dang! Have always wanted to sail with you Jimbo! We just book the 1/9/2021 cruise! 

11 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Hey, Jimbo....Don't sink the ship.  I want to get on when you leave. LOL!!!

I promise not to do anything outside what I normally do 😉  Love that new cruise ship smell.  😁

1 hour ago, sdprincess1001 said:

Dang! Have always wanted to sail with you Jimbo! We just book the 1/9/2021 cruise! 

I promise to do my best to give you many opportunities!😉

Well well finally CC added the Mardi Gras on their ship list and Roll Call has started! We are booked in an 8K Deck 14 balcony. 

Seriously thinking about doing B2B with the cruise previous to this one, still washing that idea around. :)  As of last week our cabin is still avail...ugh, decissions :) 

Hi!  We just booked 3 cabins.  Taking our kids and their families.  1 balcony lido deck  cabin (booked B2B with Jan 30 sailing)

1 balcony on deck 14 and one Family Harbor cabin.

Will he looking for hotel in Port Canaveral the day before.

We have been sailing Carnival since 1998 with many Princess cruises thrown in the mix.

19 hours ago, Lidolounger said:

Hi!  We just booked 3 cabins.  Taking our kids and their families.  1 balcony lido deck  cabin (booked B2B with Jan 30 sailing)

1 balcony on deck 14 and one Family Harbor cabin.

Will he looking for hotel in Port Canaveral the day before.

We have been sailing Carnival since 1998 with many Princess cruises thrown in the mix.

Look into Homewood Suites (fairly new), Country Inn and Suites or Radisson for hotels with good reps and reasonable prices. Pools for the youngsters.

Close to cruise port.  Shuttles to port. near restaurants.

Thanks.  We are looking for a relatively inexpensive and easy transportation from the Orlando airport to a hotel in port canaveral area for 9 people.  Any suggestions?

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Lidolounger said:

Thanks.  We are looking for a relatively inexpensive and easy transportation from the Orlando airport to a hotel in port canaveral area for 9 people.  Any suggestions?

We had booked hotel:  Radisson at the Port (8701 Astronaut Blvd, Cape Canaveral) in that room booking for hotel it included a  one-way transfer/shuttle for two people. (Either MCO to the Radisson or Radisson to the Port) So we opted for taking the one-way transfer/shuttle from MCO to the Radisson. Then booked a shuttle, once we were at the hotel (cant recall pp rate...going to say...either $10 or $12pp??) to get us all to the port the next day. 

The "room plus one-way shuttle" sells out quickly, so you need to be sure to book in advance. 

For returning, we booked Go Port Canaveral - buses that pick up at the port and take you to MCO.  Of course I do not recall the cost pp, it was reasonable for us. 

I know you have a party of 9 - I hope this somehow helps!! 

Edited by OHS81

On 7/17/2019 at 2:25 AM, Lidolounger said:

I would look into shuttle services with that many people, we have used VIP shuttle many times.  The other option is doing 2 one way car rentals.....

Hello All,

Just booked this cruise, first leg of a B2B. Excited about the new ship and new design!!

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 4:59 AM, jimbo5544 said:

I would look into shuttle services with that many people, we have used VIP shuttle many times.  The other option is doing 2 one way car rentals.....

We rented a car the last time out of Port Canaveral. We stayed a day or two in Coco Beach so it made sense. Most of the rental Companies have a drop off near the port and will shuttle you to the port. I think that's our plan this time.

On 7/24/2019 at 6:54 PM, MEUB1112 said:

Hello All,

Just booked this cruise, first leg of a B2B. Excited about the new ship and new design!!

WELCOME TO THE ROLL CALL!

2 hours ago, MEUB1112 said:

We rented a car the last time out of Port Canaveral. We stayed a day or two in Coco Beach so it made sense. Most of the rental Companies have a drop off near the port and will shuttle you to the port. I think that's our plan this time.

For many options of people who will be flying into MCO, the car rentals worked and we have done it in the past (one way rentals to the port and for the return).  Staying near the port has several good options as well. Most do a park and sail option also.  For any interested, the Florida departure board has lots of thread, some not so current but still relevant.  We have stayed at several hotels near the port.  Not sure yet if we will drive over from the west coast the day of or come a day early.

Thank You, this one is quite a ways out, but we have the Panorama in January 2020 and the Miracle Alaska in August 2020. We were on the Dream last March for our first B2B. The Mardi Gras is so much bigger and a significant change in lay out from what we are used to I think a B2B will be nice just to learn the ship. When we were on the Vista it was toward the end of the week that we kind of figured out the flow. Oh well, we'll be counting down the days to the Panorama.

Posted (edited)
On 7/24/2019 at 3:54 PM, MEUB1112 said:

Hello All,

Same itinerary before and after this cruise. We are trying to decide. So far in advance we have no clue how to pick. :)

Edited by OHS81

I picked based on the dates essentially, it does seem that they are rotating between the two itineraries week to week. We like all the ports and it appears that they are not tendering with the giant ships. Life is pretty good when we agonize over which week to add for a B2B cruise!!! Have a great Day!!

4 minutes ago, MEUB1112 said:

I picked based on the dates essentially, it does seem that they are rotating between the two itineraries week to week. We like all the ports and it appears that they are not tendering with the giant ships. Life is pretty good when we agonize over which week to add for a B2B cruise!!! Have a great Day!!

HAHA right?! Life is good :) 

On 8/16/2019 at 11:47 AM, MEUB1112 said:

Royal does not tender on their mega ships either.  The logistics of getting that many people off the ship make it untenable.  

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 4:31 AM, jimbo5544 said:

Royal does not tender on their mega ships either.  The logistics of getting that many people off the ship make it untenable.  

I can just imagine, Cabo seems to do well with tendering, but double to number of people it would get tricky.

11 hours ago, MEUB1112 said:

I can just imagine, Cabo seems to do well with tendering, but double to number of people it would get tricky.

Believe that a pier is in the planning for GC.  When it will be com-Legend is up for debate. 

10 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Believe that a pier is in the planning for GC.  When it will be com-Legend is up for debate. 

I think the $150 million was approved back in 2015.  However, appears to be political  inaction/opposition to the undertaking.  Nothing has started yet from what I see.  Expect to tender as always.

Thanks for the update, I saw an article somewhere recently and thought it might have changed.  Be interesting seeing how they tender off the Mardi Gras.