Balcony Guarantee-Oasis Class?

Hi all. I’m seeing Balcony Guarantee rooms at a nice discount for a 2020 cruise on Harmony. I’m assuming they could put us in any balcony (Central Park, Boardwalk, Oceanview), correct?

I’ve also read on here that once a guarantee room is assigned, if a different room is available you can switch rooms at that point. My question is whether you can switch to ANY balcony that is available, or would it have to be the same type of balcony (Central Park to Central Park, Boardwalk to Boardwalk, etc.)

I’d love to hear experiences from folks who have booked a Balcony Guarantee on an Oasis class ships-thanks!

There are 2 types of balcony guarantee on Oasis class.  

XB Oceanview balcony

XN neighbourhood balcony 

you can switch but but it has to be in the EXACT same category that you were assigned.  I.e. 8D to an 8D

we booked an XN guarantee for a Christmas 2 weeks ago.  Assigned a CP balcony today.  Called and changed stateroom location today. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Thanks for that! In the online booking page it doesn’t really use those letters, it just gives the “We pick your room” option after I select balcony rooms, so it’s probably best to call and be sure. I’m assuming if it is not specifically described as on a “Oceanview Balcony Guarantee” (which I’ve seen specified before when browsing), then it’s a Neighboorhood Balcony Guarantee (even though they just say “We pick your room” after balcony is selected). I appreciate the info!

17 minutes ago, Gatordad815 said:

Thanks for that! In the online booking page it doesn’t really use those letters, it just gives the “We pick your room” option after I select balcony rooms, so it’s probably best to call and be sure. I’m assuming if it is not specifically described as on a “Oceanview Balcony Guarantee” (which I’ve seen specified before when browsing), then it’s a Neighboorhood Balcony Guarantee (even though they just say “We pick your room” after balcony is selected). I appreciate the info!

If you go one step further it should show what type of stateroom it was.  In the case of the screenshot below you can see it says neighbourhood balcony guarantee 

18FE81A8-8AD3-4E48-B2C0-9A4FF6F89407.png

EA04093A-21CB-4E83-BC62-13EB7092160E.png

My family recently booked 2 category 8D balcony cabins on HOS through a travel agent and we were told that the cabin holding 3 only had 8d balcony guarantee available.  When I booked the TA sid that meant we would be assigned an 8d balcony but now reading this thread it sounds like we may be assigned any OV balcony cabin. Has anyone heard of being guaranteed a certain category when booking a guarantee? 

16 minutes ago, SanzD said:

My family recently booked 2 category 8D balcony cabins on HOS through a travel agent and we were told that the cabin holding 3 only had 8d balcony guarantee available.  When I booked the TA sid that meant we would be assigned an 8d balcony but now reading this thread it sounds like we may be assigned any OV balcony cabin. Has anyone heard of being guaranteed a certain category when booking a guarantee? 

If you booked an 8D guarantee then you will receive that as a minimum... but could be upgraded to a higher category if there are no more 8Ds available.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you go one step further it should show what type of stateroom it was.  In the case of the screenshot below you can see it says neighbourhood balcony guarantee 

Thanks for the screenshots! I’ve been using my IPad to search and it doesn’t give that info, but sure enough I just looked on my PC and it appears exactly as you showed me. Mystery solved! Thanks again-have a nice day!

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, dreadpirate3 said:

Just an update.

My son was guaranteed a boardwalk balcony and was assigned a 4D Oceanview Balcony 12 days from sailing. I am waiting to hear if the drink package that was included with the original category remains.

He will not receive the free soda package.