Sydney To Tahiti to Hawaii Ovation

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Well by that logic, I got 48 points on Rhapsody TA and never set foot on the ship. 

Not quite the same, assuming Tom is the third person in the other cabin, he will get 27 points on his individual account - you got none. His DW will get 81.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Not quite the same, assuming Tom is the third person in the other cabin, he will get 27 points on his individual account - you got none. His DW will get 81.

Not sure anyone has established what points you get if you leave after 2 days. Besides it doesn't matter, I dont need individual points.

17 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Not sure anyone has established what points you get if you leave after 2 days. 

I don't remember seeing any reports from anyone recently not getting full points for the cruise when they leave the ship early (approved by RCI) - I certainly have gotten full points the three times I left the ship early. I don't think Tom would ever do his point collection scheme that way unless quite sure of getting full points.

Edited by Biker19

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

I don't remember seeing any reports from anyone recently not getting full points for the cruise when they leave the ship early (approved by RCI) - I certainly have gotten full points the three times I left the ship early.

Maybe, we got points for that last day of Noro, and got full points for the two shortened Irma cruises. But that was at Royals doing. 

Getting off a week early at your request seems different.  

This thread Jack will never end

15 hours ago, Biker19 said:

So it seems that Tom will get 81 points from just 18 days of sailing - that should be a trick question on CC.  Curious to know how RCI let him leave in Maui - seems that would be a PVSA violation.

Biker, I love a derailed thread.  Derail away.

I am mostly eating drinking and flowrider, and I appreciate that someone picks it up, makes it much easier to find.  I do not view this thread as MINE.  

I was thinking the same, but who am I to question Tom... I assume he is way smarter than I am based on what he has accomplished.  Now, I wish I was on your sailing to see his face on the first day heading from Maui towards Vancouver....  Maybe because he started his sailing in Sydney and visited Tahiti it doesn’t apply to him???

jc

14 hours ago, Biker19 said:

This is correct, not sure about the days, and if he is B2B from the previous sailing or not.  I think just the following, but I could be wrong.  

Speaking of the flowrider, there were some unhappy folks who showed up at 10AM and found out that we had been doing advanced stand-up for an hour.  The natives got Marko (sports staff director (or whatever the title is)) to give us an extra hour.  This was announced yesterday after 4pm only to those in line and was not published in the daily compass.  I got 3 runs in during the advanced hour because I was second in line, and 2 more in the next hour and a half.  Go back at 2:30 to 4PM. Then the Key session starts at 4 until 5PM.  

There were over 30 in the line after 10AM.  Sucks.

jc

8 hours ago, twangster said:

I'm curious how Voom is performing across this route.  Any latency or "ping" results to share? 

So, since I have the key the Internet is very good.  I have been watching my Slingbox connected to UVerse at home.   Watched the F1 race from Shanghai first couple of nights while falling asleep.  Then watched the Indy car Grand Prix of Long Beach the last couple of nights.  Not much buffering.  So, I would declare it more than ok.  I haven’t done a speed test.  That will be for Biker’s thread in 2 weeks.

JC

7 hours ago, Biker19 said:

I don't think Tom would ever do his point collection scheme that way unless quite sure of getting full points.

Once wife surpasses Tom in points, Tom no longer needs any points. A true point whore would be aware of that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Biker, I love a derailed thread.  Derail away.

I am mostly eating drinking and flowrider, and I appreciate that someone picks it up, makes it much easier to find.  I do not view this thread as MINE.  

I was thinking the same, but who am I to question Tom... I assume he is way smarter than I am based on what he has accomplished.  Now, I wish I was on your sailing to see his face on the first day heading from Maui towards Vancouver....  Maybe because he started his sailing in Sydney and visited Tahiti it doesn’t apply to him???

jc

My understanding of the law is that it is not based on what ports the ship considers to be one cruise, but on the embarkment/disembakment ports of the individual passenger.  So if a passenger embarks in Sydney and goes to Tahiti, Honolulu and then Maui it would be considered a Sidney to Maui cruise, thus the PSVA law would not apply as that passenger's cruise did not originate in the USA.

4 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

jc

I believe that is the answer. His trip is Sydney to Maui. Honolulu is just a way-station for Tom.

So Key session was Christine from Montreal, myself, Charlie from SFO region and, of course, Jasper.  Plus a father and a son and a father and a daughter.  First father tried to stand-up for the first time, and son who was too small did boogie, the second father and daughter did boogie, but were both stand-up allowed.  I got 4 runs in the hour, as I was first in line.  The downside of the Key session was it was pretty cold, I told both of the fathers that the lines are short during regular boogie session and it is much warmer midday than at 4PM.  The other downside, was all of the people who saw the short line during stand-up who showed up for the first time to give it a go.  Where it became our problem to explain the key to them..... sigh... not awesome.  

I had a reasonably decent day as it was pretty cool about 68 F or 20C.  I avoided falling most of the day staying dry.  This was especially crucial in the morning.  

I am still sticking a lot at the top of the wave throwing off my rhythm. I have not yet been able to lock in a run for the full time to ride the top of the wave I get up there for 5 or 6 passes then  stick and have to start over.  Frustrating. 

JC 

4 hours ago, HappyCruiserettu said:
1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

I had a reasonably decent day as it was pretty cool about 68 F or 20C.   

Interesting it has not warmed up more. I'm debating bringing my shorty wet suit for the cooler days as the ship approaches Victoria.

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Interesting it has not warmed up more. I'm debating bringing my shorty wet suit for the cooler days as the ship approaches Victoria.

Take it and don’t think twice.  When we sailed from Vancouver to Hawaii, the first day was long pants cold, and each day got warmer. Day 2 was maybe 70. Throw in the winds and it gets colder.

I am regretting not bringing a wet suit.   I was very surprised it hasn’t warmed up more.  I am not expecting warm weather now until Papeete.  

The surface of the flowrider is very dirty looking, more so at the bottom.  I had to fight hard to make runs to stay up and not get wet. Not everyone is complaining about the wave, they are too busy complaining about the line.  So to keep the natives in line we have 1 hour advanced at 8AM and then 2 hours, then 2 in the afternoon. Then the key.  

JC 

Edited by xpcdoojk

2 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I am regretting not bringing a wet suit.   I was very surprised it hasn’t warmed up more.  I am not expecting warm weather now until Papeete.  

The surface of the flowrider is very dirty looking, more so at the bottom.  I had to fight hard to make runs to stay up and not get wet. 

In 8 months the Allure wave went from clean to dirty.  In that time frame then wave went from great to sticky, while riding the same board. I think the dirtier the surface the “grippier” it is.  If you have ever rode the wave after it was painted it is slick beyond belief. Even walking in you can slip, like after freezing rain. 

Yeah, on my first or second Oasis cruise they painted it overnight and it was treacherous standing in the gutter.  Wonder if they will paint it when they have the time in Honolulu.

We had an 8AM advanced session.  Then 2 hours.  Then another 2 hours at 2PM, then I have the key at 4. 

jc

• Like 1