we are going to fly southwest to san juan

Silentmoon

We are flying out from Chicago going on southwest to San Juan Pr. is anyone having any problems  with their flight to San Juan Pr.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Edited by Silentmoon
didnt sound right

4 minutes ago, Silentmoon said:

No its not until June 2  but my Mother in law is going with us . She has never gone on a cruise and hasn't had a vacation in 15yrs and she is stressing about the 737 planes being ground.

All 737 MAX planes have been indefinitely grounded until Boeing has updated and replaced software.  The 737 MAX only comprises 5% of Southwest's fleet and there have not been any significant schedule disruptions that I have heard about.  I see no worry to stress.  Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Silentmoon said:

No its not until June 2  but my Mother in law is going with us . She has never gone on a cruise and hasn't had a vacation in 15yrs and she is stressing about the 737 planes being ground.

Flown Southwest twice in the past month, no issues with schedule and they will certainly have more figured out by then.  

• Like 2

Thanks I will let my mother in law know

While I do agree that by June they should not have any issues, I disagree with they are not having issues now statement.

We were at Denver airport last week and SW canceled flights to FLL, DC and one other place within a few minutes of each other.  It was bedlum.

On 4/12/2019 at 6:45 PM, cheeseclan said:

While I do agree that by June they should not have any issues, I disagree with they are not having issues now statement.

We were at Denver airport last week and SW canceled flights to FLL, DC and one other place within a few minutes of each other.  It was bedlum.

Did they announce WHY these flights were being canceled?  I suspect it was something other than the MAX issue, as they would have known long before pax  were in the airport that those flights needed to be canceled and pax reaccommodated.  I know there was a big spring storm in Denver this past week; was it related to that?

2 hours ago, cheeseclan said:

No it was before the storm.  SW had not fixed their schedule fully so they still had some max flights in the schedule.  They are working on fixing it all but for some reason have not done it as well as other airlines.  

WN is still trying to tweak their schedule to minimize impact on not being able to use those MAX planes (per news articles and WN's own press releases as of 2 days ago).   So, stay tuned - I would not feel confident yet that no changes will happen.  

Silentmoon,

Have you checked your WN account/itinerary to see if you have encountered any changes? 

You will definitely not be flying a MAX in June. That's the good news.

According to the WN announcement Friday the summer schedule has been adjusted but is fairly set until some time in August. Customers have/will be notified of changes.