Bon Voyage to RuthC, April 18, 2018

rafinmd

My final Bon Voyage before passing the torch to Andi Land is a special one for one of the forum’s finest members.  This year’s World Cruise got off to a late start and still has a lot of cruising to go, with an unusual visit to Northern Europe.  The ship is now around Petra and after passing through the Suez Canal will continue through the Med and continue around Europe to Amsterdam and further north, something very few World Cruises will do.  Her final segment will be starting in Barcelona and will continue up to Amsterdam, Denmark, Norway, the UK, and Ireland, finishing with a diagonal transatlantic down to Ft. Lauderdale.  Best wishes to RuthC for a bearable flight, a superb cruise and many fantastic memories.

Bon Voyage to Amsterdam, 28 day Final World Cruise Segment, Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale:

RuthC

en_US_W9W28A_mobile_2x.jpg

Bon Voyage Everyone!
Have a great cruise and a wonderful time!

Roy (for Jacqui)

• Like 2

Roy, thank you so very much for such a lovely send-off! It was touching.
And thanks to the rest of you for the good wishes!

When I saw that this year's World Cruise turns right when it exits the Mediterranean, and heads to one of my favorite parts of the cruising world, I just had to jump on it. This is my first try at any segment of a World Cruise. We'll see how I like it.

• Like 5

Having sailed the final segment of the 2007 World Cruise from Civitavecchia to Fort Lauderdale, that cruise was actually more enjoyable in several aspects than my 2008 Grand World Voyage.

Bon Voyage and have a safe journey!

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

Having sailed the final segment of the 2007 World Cruise from Civitavecchia to Fort Lauderdale, that cruise was actually more enjoyable in several aspects than my 2008 Grand World Voyage.

How so? Was there something about it being a segment vs. the full cruise? Or something more specific to the 2007 cruise?