Bon Voyage to RuthC, April 18, 2018

rafinmd

Wow! I am overwhelmed by the good wishes! It's a really great send-off.

June, right. I'll just be getting back when it will be time to head out again. Not even worth unpacking. Makes me feel wicked.
:classic_biggrin:

• Like 4

18 hours ago, RuthC said:

How so? Was there something about it being a segment vs. the full cruise? Or something more specific to the 2007 cruise?

There simply was a different "vibe" on board between 2007 and 2008.  The guests whom I met in 2007 were all whom I would want to sail with again.  Many, many of the 2008 guests were also folks with whom I would enjoy sailing.  But, maybe because I was on the ship for a longer period of time in 2008 (113 days vs.17 days), there were some that I hope I never again meet.  (And, they may well feel the same about me.)  2008 also had a first time Grand World Cruise Hotel Manager, yet an HAL experienced Hotel Manager, after being involved in the successful introduction of the Noordam.  That might have made a difference.  

Also, some "things" were just "off".  For example, the last pillow gift we received was a Cruise Journal which should have been pillow gift #1.  (Excuse:  no one found the boxes of Journals until that late date!)

One thing I will add is that I've done segments on HAL, Cunard, and Crystal and full Grand Voyages on both HAL and Crystal and my opinion is that HAL segmenters are treated the least differently from those on the full length of any of the cruise lines.

Roy

4 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Ruth, have a great cruise. Hope you love it.If I recall correctly, this cruise gives you a sailing on every current HAL ship.

Carol, I had reached that 'sailed every ship in the fleet' milestone before the Koningsdam came along: I was on the Amsterdam as far back as 2000.

I had booked on the K-dam to maintain my status, but canceled in favor of getting a new knee. Since then regaining that status has lost its appeal, the more I read about, and saw pictures of the ship.
Now another ship joined the fleet, so I doubt I will ever have the 'full set' again.

I apologize; I did not mean to ignore the last several well-wishers. I thank you for your good thoughts.

Gerry, it's the last two segments of the World Cruise I'll be on this time out. My last Prinsendam cruise was last September. Alas, I knew at the time it was my last cruise on her.

• Like 1

Ruth, my brain is addled . . . just got home from an 8 hr road trip.  I knew you had your last Prinsendam cruise last year; don't know what I was thinking!  Von Boyage!  LOL

Smooth Sailing! 

Gerry   🙂🙂🙂

• Thanks 1