Charter Cruises

Do cruisers on a charter earn RC points towards their C&A status? We're eyeballing a chartered cruise for fall 2021. 

Do they work the same way as far as reserving excursions with Royal online, drink packages, etc? Or is it on the company

chartering to decide? I saw someone post that the dining was different because it was up to a charter company to select instead

of what you'd normally see in a typical Royal dining room. Help!

I’ve been on several charters, and, yes, you do earn RC points for your nights on board. I used the cruise planner just like non-charter travelers did for booking excursions, etc. Everyone on my charters was scheduled for the same dining, usually early dining in the MDR.  It was the same menu non-charter travelers had. I’m sure I could have booked a specialty restaurant instead, if I had wanted, but I didn’t choose to. I liked the charters because I could attend the events of the group, as well as RC entertainment and activities. 

2 hours ago, myolite said:

Do cruisers on a charter earn RC points towards their C&A status? We're eyeballing a chartered cruise for fall 2021. 

Do they work the same way as far as reserving excursions with Royal online, drink packages, etc? Or is it on the company

chartering to decide? I saw someone post that the dining was different because it was up to a charter company to select instead

of what you'd normally see in a typical Royal dining room. Help!

You get C&A points, but just about everything else is up to the charter company.

• Like 1

We did a full ship charter on the Navigator last year, got our c&a points but could not pre-book the drinks package and had to purchase it once onboard. We had assigned time dining instead of our usual choice of MTD. Other than that it was pretty much the same as a normal cruise.

I've done full ship charters on both NCL and RCCL, and received points for neither. The RCCL one was 2017, and we're going again this year. Sure would have been nice to get those C&A points, as we splurge on suites. For us, our dining time was assigned based on whether we requested the late shows or early shows. Can't help you on the drinks package, as it's included for our charter. But we were able to use the cruise planner to book excursions, spa appointments, etc as on a normal booking.

We had our first Charter experience, in that the second week of our B2B on Harmony this January was canceled because of a charter. we had to move the week to the first of the B2B but our friends cruising with us can't do the new first week. 

I know the OP was asking about credits but just had to vent a bit on after planning way out in advance they can cancel for a charter. My opinion they should get no credits! Just venting.... 

On 4/11/2019 at 5:54 PM, myolite said:

Yes, the whole ship (Oasis) is chartered. It's for a schedule that isn't out yet for 2021.

We may be on the same one. We just booked 2 days ago.  😉

43 minutes ago, countess5 said:

We had our first Charter experience, in that the second week of our B2B on Harmony this January was canceled because of a charter. we had to move the week to the first of the B2B but our friends cruising with us can't do the new first week. 

I know the OP was asking about credits but just had to vent a bit on after planning way out in advance they can cancel for a charter. My opinion they should get no credits! Just venting.... 

I'm very sorry to hear about your long-awaited cruise getting cancelled for a charter - seriously. I know I wouldn't be thrilled either. But to say charters shouldn't get credits because you had a bad experience seems a bit unfair - it's not the cruisers' fault, and we pay an exponentially higher rate than normal (for example, over $7000 for a 4 day cruise for us this year) so the points would be nice. I do hope you were compensated with OBC, or some other perk after they cancelled on you though!

15 minutes ago, samiam0403 said:

I'm very sorry to hear about your long-awaited cruise getting cancelled for a charter - seriously. I know I wouldn't be thrilled either. But to say charters shouldn't get credits because you had a bad experience seems a bit unfair - it's not the cruisers' fault, and we pay an exponentially higher rate than normal (for example, over $7000 for a 4 day cruise for us this year) so the points would be nice. I do hope you were compensated with OBC, or some other perk after they cancelled on you though!

I know, comments come from frustration!. Was able to hold the rate we had and change to the week prior to the what was going to be the first week and received $200 OBC. We still have our B2B but friends only can do the second week. 

Keep accumulating points my charter friends! 

Cheers!

• Like 1