Last name incomplete

gerelmx

Sorry if this question has already been posted

I booked my first Princess cruise 2 days ago, Princess has a restriction in his system for the number of typing characters, my booking is correct but my wife last name is missing the last 2 letters

Can it be fixed?  Who should I call my TA or Princess?

Edited by gerelmx
format

Out of 4 different cruise lines Princess is the first one that has my entire last name on the documents.  All others had the last 2 or 3 letters missing which was not an issue - it was just how their system worked.  My TA didn’t put the  hyphen in my name and when I was talking to a Princess rep about an IT issue he told me to call her and have it put in or I wouldn’t be able to board!  So best to check 😁

1 hour ago, gerelmx said:

Sorry if this question has already been posted

I booked my first Princess cruise 2 days ago, Princess has a restriction in his system for the number of typing characters, my booking is correct but my wife last name is missing the last 2 letters

Can it be fixed?  Who should I call my TA or Princess?

If your booking currently resides with Princess, call them.

If you made it through a TA or transferred is from Princess to a TA, call the TA. 

On 4/12/2019 at 8:25 AM, skynight said:

You need to work with the T.A. or Princess. Names must match the names that are on your passports.

That being said they don't have to match online due to restrictions on princess's site. You just need to make sure princess knows what it really is not what it displays.

The US Government requires all ships and other public transportation providers to submit a manifest of all aboard with correct names and passport information before the ship or other conveyance leaves a US port or foreign port destined to a US port of entry.  If there is an error it could result in the public conveyance being denied entry into US space (air, water or other).  Therefore it is imperative that your last name be corrected before trying to board the ship.  There is no allowance for incorrect names and passport information. 

Earlier this year there was a scheduled aircraft from the EU destined for a US airport which had an individual aboard that was not permitted to enter the US.  The airplane while in the air was told to land in Canada (Canada permitted it) and remove the individual before being allowed to enter US airspace.  The US Government found this individual's name on the submitted manifest while the aircraft was in the air.  

29 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

The US Government found this individual's name on the submitted manifest while the aircraft was in the air.  

Why submit it before if they're not going to check before and only after/during and ruin everyone's plans.