Solarium Brilliance of the Seas

3 minutes ago, cruisekitty22 said:

Is this an adults only place?  What is the age limit here?  Do we need to pay to go there?  Are kids allowed in here at any time? Is this open 24/7?

Yes, for anyone 16 and over, and no charge. No children allowed. Not sure if the pool is open 24 hours but the Solarium is open. Park Cafe is in there and it’s where you get late night snacks. 

11 minutes ago, kernow said:

The only exception to this is during a cold weather cruise when they may allow kids to use the pool for a few specified hours each day.

I didn’t know that. I’ve  never seen that and we’ve been on Brilliance many times ....we cruised to the British Isles last year and even though it was pretty cold, there were no children in the solarium.

I've never been on when it has happened either but I've read reviews/threads on here where people have experienced it. I think it can happen on all the Radiance/Vision ships probably when there are quite a few kids onboard.

Radiance opens the Solarium to everyone on Alaska sailings. We sailed in Alaska last summer, and the times were posed in the Cruise Compass. 2-3 hours in the late morning and then again in the late afternoon as I recall. We were traveling with our 3 kids, but still never swam. 

The pool is usually closed after about 8pm- i'm pretty sure the opening times are in the cruise compass. I remember going to the park cafe for a snack after dinner and there being netting across for the night, I suppose even more so now that there's a lifeguard too!

On 4/12/2019 at 7:06 AM, lovesthebeach2 said:

Yes, for anyone 16 and over, and no charge. No children allowed. Not sure if the pool is open 24 hours but the Solarium is open. Park Cafe is in there and it’s where you get late night snacks. 

Do they serve that fabulous roast beef sandwich  that is served in the Park Cafe on the Oasis class?