Snorkeling palancar reef

njship3

Any recommendations for snorkeling Palancar reef - it's my understanding it's too far out to swim.  We will be on RCCL in a couple of weeks and they have an excursion to snorkel Palancar & then hit the starfish area.  Wondering if anyone has experience with that particular excursion or can recommend a privately booked company.  Thanks!

I booked with Mystic Snorkel. They use small boats, so it almost seems like a private tour. Last week it was just myself and another family of 4. We were supposed to do El Cielo (the starfish), Palancar and Shallow Colombia, but it was so windy and the seas were so rough that the kids in the other family were very seasick and we didn't do Colombia. They were willing to stop and let me snorkel but I felt so bad for them that I agreed to just head back to the marina. 

The trip includes unlimited water, juice, beer and fruit. The marina is just a 5 minute, $8 taxi ride from the cruise terminal.

• Like 1

Look into Fishing with Pedro.  He took our family out for the day.  No one else just your family.  You can fish, snorkel and visit El Cielo and swim with a few friendly sting rays on an amazing beach.  We didn't see any starfish there.  Just the rays.  This was the best day of our cruise.