Would you be more apt to buy a drink package if you got a discounted price .

1 hour ago, scottraveller said:

Never new that as D+ you got 30% off the deluxe drinks package. I presume this does not include the refreshment package. Do you get the discount once on board

You get 30% off the full price which would make it a minimum of $42 plus 18% gratuity.  You have to buy drink package onboard if you want the D+ 30% discount.

1 hour ago, scottraveller said:

Ok thanks. Can you have the same discount with the refreshment package

No, and I take issue with that.  I think that if you don't wish to or can't drink alcohol, you should be able to apply your discount to the refreshment package.

14 minutes ago, MaritimeR&R said:

No, and I take issue with that.  I think that if you don't wish to or can't drink alcohol, you should be able to apply your discount to the refreshment package.

Why do you feel that way?   If a store offers a discount on one product, do you feel that you should be able to apply that discount to a similar product?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, frank808 said:

You get 30% off the full price which would make it a minimum of $42 plus 18% gratuity.  You have to buy drink package onboard if you want the D+ 30% discount.

Is the drink package the same price on board as it is ahead on the cruise planner?  I’m Diamond Plus and would like to take advantage of 30% off but I occasionally sail with a friend who is gold.  

8 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

Is the drink package the same price on board as it is ahead on the cruise planner?  I’m Diamond Plus and would like to take advantage of 30% off but I occasionally sail with a friend who is gold.  

Usually quite a bit more expensive on board. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, scottraveller said:

Never new that as D+ you got 30% off the deluxe drinks package. I presume this does not include the refreshment package. Do you get the discount once on board

Only on board and only the Deluxe package.

On 4/12/2019 at 11:58 AM, ValerieJo said:

This is just my opinion, others may have a different perspective.  For us, I would have to say no.  We don't drink enough to warrant purchasing the drink package.  Also, we really enjoy the Diamond Lounge.  It's a nice chance to meet up with old friends and to make new ones.

This is exactly how we feel. We don't drink enough to justify the price of the drink package, even with a discount. We enjoy our time with friends in the CL or DL during Happy Hour. The total cost of any drinks that we purchase during the day or after Happy Hour is much less than the cost of both of us purchasing a drink package. 

Just now, biomedbob said:

If one purchases the Deluxe package through the Planner.....can they cancel once on board to take advantage of the 30% discount and a day less?

Yes, but you can only cancel for a limited time (24/48 hours?) and your refund will be in on board credit.  You will also be charged individually for every drink you have ordered.

14 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

Another drink snob. Sounds like my ex brother-in-law, equates quality to price paid. I can't make the comparison as I've never tasted swill. If you are going to demean a person on the type of alcohol they drink, you must have a field day with other things like cabin type, food venues, type of car they drive, money, or anything else that doesn't jive with what you like. The word judgmental pops in my head. 

10 hours ago, twangster said:

Looks who is judging.  

I don't like the taste.  Nothing about price.  I've demeaned no one, but you have.

Agree, I can get one of my favorite wines for 9.99 a bottle.  Have had wines that are close to 100 and while they are nice, definitely not worth the cost to us.  Price has nothing to do with it, it's all about taste.

4 hours ago, sellwingri said:

Drink package on board is usually about $60 then take the 30% d+ diacount off that. I have seen sales on the cruise planner that come out cheaper than buying with the d+ discount.   

5 hours ago, Bee Guy said:

Why do you feel that way?   If a store offers a discount on one product, do you feel that you should be able to apply that discount to a similar product?

I guess I should have made myself clearer. I am talking about the discount that is given to D+ and Pinnacle level Crown and Anchor members.  Due to kidney problems since birth, I am unable to drink alcohol.  When in the lounge I drink soda, water, seltzer or fruit punch. I would love to occasionally be able to use my Pinnacle discount on a refreshment package.  So, I am not talking about the generally reduced sales open to anyone, but rather the discount that is a perk of upper tier loyalty members. I see that as different than asking to apply a general discount to a similar product.

20 hours ago, brillohead said:

Just put that much cash aside and put it on your account at the beginning of the cruise.  At the end of the week, anything leftover will be refunded to you.  

You have the convenience of being prepaid, while getting your money's worth b/c you're only paying for what you actually drink.

Great strategy!