Dances to learn before getaway cruise

halegliss

33 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

With the popularity of the beverage package promo, neither the dancer nor any witnesses will care. Bust any move that you can.

Probably true but mainly we meaning my spouse and I learn ahead so we can enjoy the time more.  It extends our cruise into fun pre cruise activities...and as our adult children will confess we have no qualms with how we look doing it! Lol

I think what you might be referring to are the line dances that are done on deck at sail a way? You want to know how to do them so you can have fun and participate?  There's The Wobble, Cupid Shuffle,  Electric Slide, Cha Cha Slide...Just Google Sail a Way Cruise ship dances and you will find many on YouTube.  But those are a few that will get you started. Have fun! 😀 I think it's pretty cool that this is part of your cruise prep,  not everyone has parents who are as energetic and fun loving ! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, halegliss said:

I would like to learn some dances to prepare for our cruise in November. We will be on the getaway and I was wondering are there any  style dances that would be fun to know for the trip?

I have seen really horrid dancing so i would not worry about it, just go with the music 🙂

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, spanishguy1970 said:

I have seen really horrid dancing so i would not worry about it, just go with the music 🙂

y3S2FY.gif

...uh, yeah. 

2 hours ago, ashleyriley said:

There's The Wobble, Cupid Shuffle,  Electric Slide, Cha Cha Slide...Just Google Sail a Way Cruise ship dances and you will find many on YouTube.

Every one of those dances is at least a decade old....and up to over 4 decades old.....

...but they still work. :classic_cool:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

y3S2FY.gif

...uh, yeah. 

Every one of those dances is at least a decade old....and up to over 4 decades old.....

...but they still work. :classic_cool:

Oh gosh, how could i forget the Elaine dance...LMAO..

On 4/13/2019 at 3:39 PM, ashleyriley said:

I think what you might be referring to are the line dances that are done on deck at sail a way? You want to know how to do them so you can have fun and participate?  There's The Wobble, Cupid Shuffle,  Electric Slide, Cha Cha Slide...Just Google Sail a Way Cruise ship dances and you will find many on YouTube.  But those are a few that will get you started. Have fun! 😀 I think it's pretty cool that this is part of your cruise prep,  not everyone has parents who are as energetic and fun loving ! 

@halegliss see what ashleyriley said and that pretty much sums it up. Plus the thriller. If you learn the wobble and cha cha slide, you will be prepped for all the ship parties. Be on time for them if you want to do those dances, they start ON TIME and usually put all the good stuff at the beginning. 

if you’re looking to dance in the manhattan  room then as one poster suggested, try to learn the lindy hop or something simple along those lines, and you will have all eyes on ya! I once tore up the epic’s manhattan room dance floor during dinner with all sort of of steps and turns and twirls, and even though I had no idea what I was doing, I just kept mumbling “fake it till we make it fake it till we make it” to my dance partner...and all eyes were on us! You’ll feel like you’re on an episode of Strictly Come Dancing!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2019 at 9:15 PM, marktwothousand said:

@halegliss see what ashleyriley said and that pretty much sums it up. Plus the thriller. If you learn the wobble and cha cha slide, you will be prepped for all the ship parties. Be on time for them if you want to do those dances, they start ON TIME and usually put all the good stuff at the beginning. 

if you’re looking to dance in the manhattan  room then as one poster suggested, try to learn the lindy hop or something simple along those lines, and you will have all eyes on ya! I once tore up the epic’s manhattan room dance floor during dinner with all sort of of steps and turns and twirls, and even though I had no idea what I was doing, I just kept mumbling “fake it till we make it fake it till we make it” to my dance partner...and all eyes were on us! You’ll feel like you’re on an episode of Strictly Come Dancing!

Thanks for the suggestions this week I decided to see if there are dance lessons out there we might take.