Room Service Menu

traveline

This was from the Escape - I don't believe the Room Service menu has changed recently (or about to ...) to give you a general idea of what to expect.  Disclaimer - they are subject to change without notice and there could be variations unique or specific to the ship and region.  

You can pretty much order as much as you wish, all for a $7.95 convenience fee ... breakfast is complimentary, between 6:30 and 10 am, unless you are ordering the 3 "hot" items.  

IMG_20160522_214802.jpg

IMG_20160522_214732.jpg

2 hours ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

Is this free in Haven?

You don’t have to pay the 7.95 convenience charge, but it will be delivered by your butler. Drinks will be charged, even if you have a beverage package. 

2 hours ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

Is this free in Haven?

Yes, and you are not limited to what is on the menu. For breakfast, write in whatever you want on the hang tag, and other times simply call your butler. There is a charge for items from specialty restaurants, though.

8 hours ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

Is this free in Haven?

You can order anything from any complimentary restaurant (MDR, Haven Restaurant, O'Sheehan's) for free. Specialty dining, you can use a SDP credit or charge your room. You give your order to your butler (preferably in advance).

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

Is this free in Haven?

Yes, in the Haven your butler will bring you whatever you like. If it is an item from a specialty restaurant, however, I have read that you will have to pay the charge for it.

Does anyone have any experience with the Room Service menu and food allergies? I have Celiac and am wondering if there's anything I will be able to order. Especially for breakfast, we are not in the Haven or Concierge.  We will be on the Pride of America.

4 hours ago, IamAlyce said:

Does anyone have any experience with the Room Service menu and food allergies? I have Celiac and am wondering if there's anything I will be able to order. Especially for breakfast, we are not in the Haven or Concierge.  We will be on the Pride of America.

First, you are obligated to notify the cruise line 45 days in advance if you have a special dietary need by contacting their accessible sailing desk 866-584-9756. For Celiac, the ship's waiters can point you to acceptable food products (may be harder on the very limited room service breakfast menu) https://www.ncl.com/about/accessible-cruising

Examples of reminders to waiters on the Bliss

image.png.f83aba50eac9afeb7ca5def8d3bf5019.png

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/19/2019 at 12:14 AM, BirdTravels said:

First, you are obligated to notify the cruise line 45 days in advance if you have a special dietary need by contacting their accessible sailing desk 866-584-9756. For Celiac, the ship's waiters can point you to acceptable food products (may be harder on the very limited room service breakfast menu) https://www.ncl.com/about/accessible-cruising

Examples of reminders to waiters on the Bliss

image.png.f83aba50eac9afeb7ca5def8d3bf5019.png

I have already notified NCL about my food allergy, was hoping that they had expanded their Room Service menu to include some Gluten Free items, but doesn't seem like that has happened.  Oh well, I know I can always get some fresh fruit in the room if needed.

1 hour ago, IamAlyce said:

I have already notified NCL about my food allergy, was hoping that they had expanded their Room Service menu to include some Gluten Free items, but doesn't seem like that has happened.  Oh well, I know I can always get some fresh fruit in the room if needed.

Speak with the restaurant manager upon boarding. You plan meals in advance and you may be able to arrange a room service meal in advance, such as GF pancakes. My daughter has celiac and we will be cruising in June for the first time since her diagnosis.

On 5/8/2019 at 2:01 PM, FLcruisergrl said:

Speak with the restaurant manager upon boarding. You plan meals in advance and you may be able to arrange a room service meal in advance, such as GF pancakes. My daughter has celiac and we will be cruising in June for the first time since her diagnosis.

Yes, I've had good luck in the MDRs as long as I've ordered ahead of time. It's the Room Service menu and buffet (if you have cross contamination issues) that are harder.  Usually I just request some fresh fruit and a boiled egg from the back and that's what I have from the buffet at breakfast time.  Good luck to your daughter, the first year after diagnosis was the hardest while traveling.  I always carry packaged snacks in case there's nothing available.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2019 at 12:16 PM, IamAlyce said:

You can also leave your room and find something to eat. You are in port every day and two overnights. Not much reason to be in your room. 

59 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

You can also leave your room and find something to eat. You are in port every day and two overnights. Not much reason to be in your room. 

Wow! Some people like to have breakfast in their robe on their balcony. 

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/12/2019 at 11:27 AM, BirdTravels said:

Well thank you for that advice, im sure we all have different cruise styles, mine includes enjoying room service and relaxing on my balcony during my cruise.

• Like 2