Lincoln Center Stage Currently on Eurodam

ithaca gal

We were on the 28 day cruise to Hawaii and Tahiti last month on the Eurodam and I just wanted to make a comment about the musicians of Lincoln Center Stage.  We have attended performances on other ships but found this particular quintet to be the best ever.  Not only do they make wonderful music together ("I am here with my friends!"), they are very personable.  We spoke with all of them at one time or another during the cruise and found them to all have a great sense of humor and they are a great group of gentlemen.  Even if chamber music is not your thing, make sure you take in at least a few of their concerts if you get the chance.  Whether they are playing Beethoven or Buble or Led Zeppelin, you will enjoy it!  (They will be on the Eurodam for the next couple of months.)

I was quite impressed by LCS on Eurodam last week and I admit I am a classical music snob.  It showed, not everything can be downscaled to a chamber orchestra such as Copeland's Rodeo, but I felt they did a fantastic job on everything they performed.  A few cringe moments but still a fantastic job.

5 hours ago, ithaca gal said:

We were on the 28 day cruise to Hawaii and Tahiti last month on the Eurodam and I just wanted to make a comment about the musicians of Lincoln Center Stage.  We have attended performances on other ships but found this particular quintet to be the best ever.  Not only do they make wonderful music together ("I am here with my friends!"), they are very personable.  We spoke with all of them at one time or another during the cruise and found them to all have a great sense of humor and they are a great group of gentlemen.  Even if chamber music is not your thing, make sure you take in at least a few of their concerts if you get the chance.  Whether they are playing Beethoven or Buble or Led Zeppelin, you will enjoy it!  (They will be on the Eurodam for the next couple of months.)

I'm definitely a music "snob," and I found them delightful, incredibly talented (to play that many genres and do it so well -- really commendable), and all-around great people.  They were berthed on deck 7, so I often encountered them in the elevators on their way to/from their sessions and rehearsals.  Would love to see them again someday.

Lana in Bellingham, WA (who returned to university after retirement to finally FINALLY finish that music degree originally started in 1969; made it all the way to M.Mus. in 2010)  🙂  👩‍🎓

• Like 1