LIVE on Edge Apr 14 Western Caribbean

CC Help Jenn

I’m posting from a cabana on the Edge.  We’re down to our last couple of days and we have enjoyed the ship very much.  I’ve had several conversations with people who have been on multiple Celebrity ships and no one has said they dislike the Edge.   “It’s different” is the most negative comment I’ve heard, but that was followed by an endorsement.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, BuckyKatt said:

I’m posting from a cabana on the Edge.  We’re down to our last couple of days and we have enjoyed the ship very much.  I’ve had several conversations with people who have been on multiple Celebrity ships and no one has said they dislike the Edge.   “It’s different” is the most negative comment I’ve heard, but that was followed by an endorsement.  

What do you think of your cabana? I have one booked for July and wanted to know if you thought it was worth it. Must admit one reason is so I can get the Luminae burger which I will never get otherwise! 

Wendy 

• Like 2

Jenn, I took a break from packing to have lunch & finish the videos. Thanks again for posting them! I truly hope X doesn’t frost the side windows of the end S3’s. DH & I are actually intrigued by those S3’s, partly for the views forward or aft. I don’t get the privacy issue, because I wouldn’t do anything on any balcony that would require extraordinary privacy. Everyone is entitled to their opinion about these side windows, of course, but this is my opinion😊

1 minute ago, Silkroad said:

Jenn, I took a break from packing to have lunch & finish the videos. Thanks again for posting them! I truly hope X doesn’t frost the side windows of the end S3’s. DH & I are actually intrigued by those S3’s, partly for the views forward or aft. I don’t get the privacy issue, because I wouldn’t do anything on any balcony that would require extraordinary privacy. Everyone is entitled to their opinion about these side windows, of course, but this is my opinion😊

From my impression from the Q&A and lunch,  they are only attempting to frost a few of the inside bi-fold doors to see what that does and then take it from there

2 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

From my impression from the Q&A and lunch,  they are only attempting to frost a few of the inside bi-fold doors to see what that does and then take it from there

I heard that too. I was referring to a later video, in which a lady asked about the possibility of X also frosting the side windows of the end S3’s. I don’t think the X people understood which suites she meant at first, but she was finally told they’d have to look into the issue. 

1 hour ago, Silkroad said:

I think the S3’s are safe - they didn’t even know what one was! 😀

i saw a thread where where someone had put a curtain on their S 3 window. I’ve been in them and people can see in but I think it’s worse for the next door cabins because you can see into them a bit. 😀

2 hours ago, BuckyKatt said:

Thanks for the onboard report! Sounds like things are settling in - have a wonderful time!!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I think the S3’s are safe - they didn’t even know what one was! 😀

i saw a thread where where someone had put a curtain on their S 3 window. I’ve been in them and people can see in but I think it’s worse for the next door cabins because you can see into them a bit. 😀

I know. That was amusing, but I'm sure those high level X people weren't obsessing about every cabin detail during the build like we Edgies did😉 

A curtain? I haven't been inside one yet, but should I ever budget enough to book one (once the Retreat kinks are ironed out) people are welcome to watch us sipping our top shelf cocktails while we watch the sun set🍹😎😎🍹

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What do you think of your cabana? I have one booked for July and wanted to know if you thought it was worth it. Must admit one reason is so I can get the Luminae burger which I will never get otherwise! 

Wendy 

We love it. We have 1.5 hours left. :-(

We asked about getting it again tomorrow, but they are booked. A lot of people book them for every sea day apparently. We were among the first on the ship Sunday morning so we were able to make it up to 14 and reserve for today.

$150 for a very comfortable spot to spend a sea day is worth it IMO. You also get 4 big bottles of Evian and six beers of your choice. Typical options were on the menu but they brought me Sierra Nevada Pale Ales. You also get to choose from a bottle of Grey Goose, Veve Cliquot Rose Champagne or Grgich Hills Opulence Chardonnay. The chilled towels were nice as well.

The burger was really good, but we got chips instead of the truffle fries for some reason. I also had a shrimp cocktail. I’m six days into this cruise and I’ve just had my first shrimp cocktail. That’s just wrong.

Oh, for my example of “what is wrong with people?”.... They put a chest of board games next to each cabana. My wife and I were enjoying ourselves when a guy walks up and starts rooting around our box of games. There’s a public pathway through the cabana area, but I mistakenly thought most humans were capable of understanding that coming into our cabana area to satisfy their entertainment needs was frowned upon. We closed the chest and our neighbor commented that they had to do the same thing for the same reason.

“Would you like to take a nap? Could we get you a drink?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, BuckyKatt said:

We love it. We have 1.5 hours left. 😞

We asked about getting it again tomorrow, but they are booked. A lot of people book them for every sea day apparently. We were among the first on the ship Sunday morning so we were able to make it up to 14 and reserve for today.

$150 for a very comfortable spot to spend a sea day is worth it IMO. You also get 4 big bottles of Evian and six beers of your choice. Typical options were on the menu but they brought me Sierra Nevada Pale Ales. You also get to choose from a bottle of Grey Goose, Veve Cliquot Rose Champagne or Grgich Hills Opulence Chardonnay. The chilled towels were nice as well.

The burger was really good, but we got chips instead of the truffle fries for some reason. I also had a shrimp cocktail. I’m six days into this cruise and I’ve just had my first shrimp cocktail. That’s just wrong.

Oh, for my example of “what is wrong with people?”.... They put a chest of board games next to each cabana. My wife and I were enjoying ourselves when a guy walks up and starts rooting around our box of games. There’s a public pathway through the cabana area, but I mistakenly thought most humans were capable of understanding that coming into our cabana area to satisfy their entertainment needs was frowned upon. We closed the chest and our neighbor commented that they had to do the same thing for the same reason.

Thank you so much! Sounds fab.

Wendy

23 minutes ago, BuckyKatt said:

We loved our cabana day but we were the very first people to rent one on first commercial cruise and they blocked off the ends so people couldn’t walk through. It was great except people complained so they took down the blockades the next day. Oh well, we had a wonderful day!!! So luxurious feeling - our cabana butler was so much fun and they treated us like royalty. 😀

F4482682-CE29-4618-9A8F-A4606DD23705.thumb.jpeg.d5f541398d930d2efc0758916dbfb356.jpegE1CEADA5-3DE9-41D3-8253-A78CAC2F4C18.thumb.jpeg.a8d59e1ae740dc0baa4143500b2285e2.jpeg38166D03-CF55-4953-BB2F-8CCAF9945D41.thumb.jpeg.fd04f51a90cd7ed5317907363b3f8d0b.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BuckyKatt said:

Glad you are enjoying the cabana..and your cruise...if you have time, I am wondering:

How disruptive is it to have people walking through..is it constant?

Is the area shady?

Has wind been as issue?

Where do you go on Deck 14 to reserve the space?   Can it be reserved pre cruise online...

Is it less costly for a  port day?

We may give it a try...

Thanks Vt for the enticing photos, they make me want to book it NOW! 😎

Did you get the half or full? I'd like to get the full and get friends to share...

Edited by hcat

58 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

d our cabana day but we were the very first people to rent one on first commercial cruise and they blocked off the ends so people couldn’t walk through. It was great except people complained so they took down the blockades the next day. Oh well, we had

VT it was thanks to your reviews that I booked a half cabana - and a 2nd Edge cruise making it a B2B!

32 minutes ago, hcat said:

Glad you are enjoying the cabana..and your cruise...if you have time, I am wondering:

Is the area shady?

Has wind been as issue?

Where do you go on Deck 14 to reserve the space?   Can it be reserved pre cruise online...

We may give it a try...

Thanks Vt for the enticing photos, they make me want to book it NOW! 😎

Did you get the half or full? I'd like to get the full and get friends to share...

We had a full one and had plenty of room. Sharing with friends would be fun! 

Is the area shady?
Has wind been as issue?

We may give it a try...

Thanks Vt for the enticing photos, they make me want to book it NOW! [emoji41]

There is a lot of traffic, but it wasn’t as disruptive as I thought it would be. Until that rude guy decided to raid our game chest. We had a couple of people ask us about how to rent the cabana but I didn’t mind that. The staff pulled the chair from across the pathway up to the edge of our sitting area. They used that as a table for our water and other deliveries. Early on, some doofus made a point to bang into the chair rather loudly, as if we were being rude for pulling that chair into the walkway. So apparently some people think the walkway in the cabana area is a bit crowded but it didn’t bother us.

We were in the shade for the most part. At one point, there was a bit of sun that came in and hit the back of the cabana. My wife and just moved further down the very comfortable furniture as we have the complexion of vampires. Later the corner my wife started in was in the shade again. No big deal.

Wind was not an issue but I wish it was. It got a bit warm as there was just a slight breeze. I got up a couple of times and went out to the magic carpet, which was right in front of us, to catch some air.

I don’t think you can reserve online. When you get on the ship, go to to starboard side of deck 14, by the pool. There will be someone there that can take your reservation. Alternatively, I think you can dial 7000 from your cabin.

Cabana rentals are only available on sea days. No port day options.

34 minutes ago, BuckyKatt said:

Cabana rentals are only available on sea days. No port day options

Well I’ve booked mine for a port day in July! Available everyday on my cruise planner but that may be in the Med only. 

Wendy 

1 hour ago, wendyam76 said:

Well I’ve booked mine for a port day in July! Available everyday on my cruise planner but that may be in the Med only. 

Wendy 

Ours was on a port day so less people around and no wind. The ones on the ends are noisier - we took # 2 (not an end and not in front of the MC doorway), if you can make a request when you board.

The burger at Rooftop Grill is very good, as well as the Le Francais Burger at Le Grand Bistro, if you are into good burgers. 😋

Wendy 

Oh, that’s good to know. Sorry, I thought I heard it was only on sea days. I may just be wrong but it may be an upcoming change. You’ll love it.

5 hours ago, BuckyKatt said:

Oh, that’s good to know. Sorry, I thought I heard it was only on sea days.  I may just be wrong but it may be an upcoming change. You’ll love it. 

No need to apologise, I just wanted to give people a chance to look at their planners for it - it’s under dining. 

VT, both of those places are also on my list for burgers! 

Thank you both for your reviews - they help so much,

Wendy 

1 hour ago, wendyam76 said:

No need to apologise, I just wanted to give people a chance to look at their planners for it - it’s under dining. 

VT, both of those places are also on my list for burgers! 

Thank you both for your reviews - they help so much,

Wendy 

I can't wait to see your review, Wendy! 🙂

Perhaps people walking by would more easily understand that the cabanas, side chairs and chest of games are reserved for private use if there was a sheer curtain on the walkway side. Something that wouldn't block wind but would give off that "secluded and private" message.

Something like this image.png.b134cc04cb81811964417f97e2712eb9.png

• Like 1