Cruise Critic Community
Cel_cruise

Symphony 4/13 Live-ish review

Hi Folks - My daughter (8.5) and I are on SOTS this week so I thought I would share some of our experiences and offer to answer questions about the ship or about traveling on the Holy Week Spring Break Cruise (so - we won’t actually be onboard for Easter - but it is the most popular spring break week this season with schools from Massachusetts all the way to California and may in between having time off for Passover and Easter (or Patriots Day as the rationale from my home state of MA!)

We are in an ocean view balcony on Deck 8. We are traveling with other friends on board. All 8 of us have The Key.

Since I believe in flying in before the cruise...and we have Disney annual passes that expired on 4/13, we spent a few days at Disney before heading to Miami. I will include a little about that adventure as well because I got a lot or help from both this site and disboards on how to mash these two things together with a Miami departure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We flew out of BOS early on Thursday morning - alarms were set for 5, driver arrived at 5:30am...smooth sailing for all of our air adventures. Bad a bonus - they were checking any carry on bags at the Gate so we checked our carry on luggage all the way thru to meet us in MCO so we didn’t have it on our layover. Movie selection on Delta is amazing right now - so plans to sleep were replaced with watching Mary Poppins which was on our to do list....

Arrived at MCO on time at 1:20 - grabbed luggage, picked up rental car at National and headed to Animal Kingdom. We arrived in the parking lot at 2:20.

We had FP in AK for 3:20 for Flight of Passage - didn’t want it to be too early Incase we had some delays - so we just chilled out a bit before we could board! Love that ride! After that - we visited with cousins, got Henna tattoos, hit some rides with FP, and then went to check in at our resort -Art Of Animation in a Little Mermaid Room.

Our room was nice but it is a forever hike between the room and the lobby. Definitely will rethink that before staying in one of those rooms again! Walking to food court for dinner took forever and is definitely something I didn’t factor in when I had hoped we could power nap a bit.

We were heading to Disney After Hours Thursday night - so after dinner and a short non-sleeping rest - we caught the bus to MK. We were there until 12:30am. We are huge fans of Disney After Hours with its low crowds and free snacks - the only thing that would make it better would have been being less tired this trip and able to stay to the end! We had walked 22,000 steps starting when we put our fitbits on at 2pm and taking them off at 1am!!

Important Take Away from this....5am start to 1am finish is not easy for a mom and an 8 year old. I don’t regret the plans but would recommend making more of an effort to rest than we did!!

Friday we slept in and headed to Epcot (via car) around 11. Absolutely love Epcot during Flower and Garden festival - the colorful flowers brighten up the park so much compared to the fall!!

We enjoyed our FP attractions plus Soarin stand by and also strolling around World Showcase for lunch. The food was fabulous. It was hot - but at least not humid.

We busted out of there at 4:30 to head to Wilderness Lodge for Dinner at Artists Point. Enjoyed our character meal with Snow White, Grumpy, Dopey, and The Queen and at 6:30pm - it was time to find the grocery store!

Only have the refreshment package ($18 Cyber Monday sale), so We needed wine for this trip!

Made the 20 min trek to Publix, grabbed some wine, and headed back to the resort.

My daughter wanted to swim, so we did that for an hour or so - made another long walk to the lobby, and then we went back to pack up our room and the car. By 10:10pm we were in bed and the alarm was set for 5:30am!

We had to drive to Miami!!

We left our room at 6:00am, we were all buckled in at 6:05. The night before we spotted pressed pennies in the food court but didn’t have our change with us - so I decided we would stop really fast before we left - since it opened at 6am.

Drove to the check in area, and we were in and out and ready to drive for real at 6:15am.

22c670373364b9954a37b690304ea1ac.jpg

I had spent a lot of time debating driving or flying to MIA. The flight options were super early in the morning on southwest and I didn’t want to pay too much for tickets AND luggage on American. So away we went.

This drive was so easy!!! I will absolutely do this again without hesitation!! We ended up with a short 12 min stop on the highway for a bathroom break, and $20 in tolls, but it was a pretty smooth ride. As we approached Miami - we got another update from Waze that traffic was building. So the ride got a little longer but manageable. We never had traffic - just got down from stupid speeds above the limit to the actual speed limit as it got to be mid morning!

fb59fd76d54261dbba7b1b47d6272a52.jpg

When all was said and done - we arrived at rental car return at 9:52am. 3:35min after we left the hotel. I had allocated 4 hours for this so I was happy!

We had rented from National - so we made our way upstairs to their busses and with our receipt they offered us a ride to POM.

Packing up the bus took a long time. Not because they were waiting to fill it - just the act of sorting luggage by ship and hauling it all on board.

We were finally on our way! And while I don’t remember any traffic - we did arrive exactly at this time! Terminal A was the first shuttle stop!! Woohoo! And - as an added bonus - our friends cab ended up pulling up at the exact same time as us!

f4268e4b7302a288cd573b74c7fac8b6.jpg

10:45 at the Terminal - all should be good right?????

At that moment - my DH texted me...’Are you getting these??’ ...and a screenshot of text messages from Royal that they had a sanitization delay of 30 minutes...

Yippy. Oddly - my DH and my friends DH (we presume our emergency contacts?) got the text messages and we only got emails?

At that point - my friends and I met at the top of the escalator and began what might be the most chaotic check in at Terminal A ever! Everything I had read about check in here is that it’s easy breezy lemon squeezey! Nope...not the case!

Long waits at the iPad people (No Key before security). And then long wait (4 rows) at Screening check. We all needed new photos - that was fast, but waiting for an agent was not!

Then the signs said to take electronics out of bags - so we did. And when we got to the scanner - they made us put them all back INTO bags!! They asked why we had taken them out and we showed them the signs everywhere - ‘oops! We changed that rule but that’s internal for our crew only!’. Umm, okay?!...

Before security they told us that we would go to The Key holding area and line when we got upstairs.

After security they would not let anyone go and made everyone wait together. It was a mess. And most workers after security had no idea what The Key was. We asked several people who were clueless!

Then we finally got were upstairs - and they made us stand in another long line for my daughters Muster station tag.

From there - we got back in the line with everyone to board the ship. When we finally got on board to ‘ding’ - we ask where to drop off luggage and the girl had no idea what The Key was and kept trying to tell us that they were at our room!! Ugh! She said she was new and didn’t speak good English. Ugh. Finally found someone to confirm to head to the theatre and which direction (it’s a little disorientating walking into the promenade not knowing which way is up and a gazillion people standing around!!), plus given the time - it was about noon and clearly things were chaotic - I wasn’t sure they were doing it.

Get to the theatre and they take our bags and then we went to Chops. Still no internet code or directions. Fine for me as I have cell coverage at port but not good for my daughter who had been planning to share some moments with family and friends as she embarked!Enjoyed Chops but it did take a while. The food was good - we had no problem getting extra appetizers to try, our steaks were cooked well, and the dessert was yummy. A member of our group is celebrating a birthday - and they brought out the cheesecake and decorated the plate and sang to her. It was a nice touch.

When we finished lunch - we were able to go to our rooms. The rooms were nice.....BUT - there was NO KEY paperwork!!! Argh!!! (I did have it when I returned to my room after muster)

My friends did have it - so they helped us get connected to WiFi (no code needed - nice!) and shared the amenity sheet - it’s HORRID!!!

24ce4f04b902faa45f8bfff84073ec78.jpg

Key for Chops and Internet is good - but no boarding or amenities with it! Will have to see how it works out for shows.

Our group is documenting our experience and will be discussing with staff on board and eventually with corporate. I understand the boarding process was changed due to Noro but there was no reason for the cluelessness of the staff and the complete lack of benefits provided.

I did get our Meet and Mingle and Top Tier Event (since when does this include Gold?) letter and Drink Package cup in our room....which means that they could have put The Key paperwork in!

What an amazing holiday.  First Disney.  Then a cruise (and Symphony!).  Those are my 2 favorite vacation types!

Have yet to try FOP but hear it's amazing (and FP very hard to get).  When we went to DW, we stayed at Art of Animation in Cars room. Love it.  Don't remember it being a far treck but maybe those buildings are closer?

Looking forward to hearing more of your adventures and of Symphony. We were on her in March and it's my favorite ship.  Enjoy!

This ship is HUGE!! No amount of deck plan studying could have prepared me for how much larger this ship is and how much there is to do compared to our last cruise on Liberty.

Our luggage didn’t arrive until nearly 7 so we didn’t have anything to unpack so we went out exploring.

Far to easy to get misplaced on this ship! Ha!

We also checked in at Adventure Ocean. One thing that bothers me beyond belief is that the Adventure Ocean staff has not been provided a wow band reader - therefore kids have to bring their sea pass card in. And if the person dropping them off isn’t also picking them up - they have to keep it with them! They need to be able to see the picture scan - which makes total sense - they just need the stupid band reader! I mean - in my mind - Kids are the perfect target audience for Wow Bands! Why not add this?? It’s going on my list for guest services and the survey this week..

Our Muster Drill was a %#!? Show!! The videos didn’t work in the dining room Muster station and didn’t have sound - guests were talking non stop - but it eventually ended.

We watched sail away overlooking the pool deck and enjoyed the view!

Posted (edited)

I have done something similar albeit when we have sailed out of Ft Lauderdale or Port Canaveral.  In either case the drive is easy.

Oh Thanks about the electronics thing.

And I see your itinerary is similar ours, the exception is that we will be going to Coco Cay instead of Nassau.  🙂

Edited by gatour
added thanks

15 minutes ago, Cel_cruise said:

We also checked in at Adventure Ocean. One thing that bothers me beyond belief is that the Adventure Ocean staff has not been provided a wow band reader - therefore kids have to bring their sea pass card in. And if the person dropping them off isn’t also picking them up - they have to keep it with them! They need to be able to see the picture scan - which makes total sense - they just need the stupid band reader! I mean - in my mind - Kids are the perfect target audience for Wow Bands! Why not add this?? It’s going on my list for guest services and the survey this week..

We didn't get them but I think you can purchase wow bands on Symphony.  Maybe check at Guest Services.

Cel_cruise, some hits and misses (mainly the Key) for you so far. Disney and a RC cruise sounds awesome. Soaring is my favourite Epcot ride. Looking forward to following along. 

We have early dining for our group of 8!

Last night we met our wait staff and they were great....but man - I don’t like early dining! Getting ready for dinner at 5:30 means missing out on such prime time on board! Wish we could have done MTD but it wasn’t in the cards for this trip.

Dinner on Day 1 was very tasty - I had the crab cake starter, the chicken Marsala and the Key Lime Pie. Tastes were great although I thought the Key Lime Pie was too custardy/thick.

Going to post this in my review and the Key thread.

After the Top Tier event we met with Adrian from Guest Services and asked if we could set up an appointment with him to discuss The Key. He said - let’s talk right now!

He asked our names and he immediately New my friends name because she had MANY issues this past week with RCI canceling The Key for her daughter room of 4. Ship and Shore side clearly communicated to each other before the cruise but no one got back to my friend for days! #ugh

He took a lot or notes and I fully expect some compensation, but he said we will also he getting an On Ship Survey On Day 6 and we will document everything there formally as well.

He said that we SHOULD have gotten the wrist bands and had that explained to us when we dropped off our carry on bags. We told him that the people before us and after us also didn’t get them. He is sending them to our rooms. I mentioned that it’s difficult that it’s so inconsistent across the fleet and he said they were still trying to work out what works best for each ship but he said it’s been fairly consistent on SOTS the past few weeks.

Also - we were all suited up for Ice Skating at 9:30am this morning - to find out after standing there for a while - that it was a misprint!! Skating is 9:30PM!! He acknowledged the misprint in our talks and apologized for it.

I will update as the story unfolds. I was polite when talking to Adrian and also said that while the compensation is appreciated in place of the services missed - I booked this specifically because it was spring break week and I wanted these conveniences and less headaches. I also let him know that it’s difficult to buy something or recommend it to others when it’s such an unknown and I would be hesitant to do so again in the future.

Cel_cruise, some hits and misses (mainly the Key) for you so far. Disney and a RC cruise sounds awesome. Soaring is my favourite Epcot ride. Looking forward to following along. 

Thanks for following along!!

We love Soarin also!! And now that they have SoarinChallenge and the 3rd theatre to make the wait manageable - we always ride standby and FP Test Track (I see this as weather related Insurance!).

This time we hopped in line for a posted 45 minute wait but we made pretty good time - probably 35 min or so before being sorted. When we were sorted a we asked to be in Section B (the middle of the 3) and got the middle row! So excited! Love viewing from the middle!

Well - turns out that there was a SUPER rowdy group in our row that talked, yelled, screamed even during the entire ride. And not even always about the ride! 4 of us asked for a re-ride after that which of course they granted - which was much better! I say we got to do Soarin 1.5 times that day! Ha!

We didn't get them but I think you can purchase wow bands on Symphony.  Maybe check at Guest Services.

Yes - I can buy her one - but it won’t stop the problem I have which is that she needs to carry a purse or something to keep the card in....little girl clothing doesn’t come with pockets to hold seapass cards! Ha!

When I spoke with Adventure Ocean - they said the only reason they can’t take them is because no one has given them a band reader...

Cupcake Decorating Class..

In 2017 my then 6yo DD did 2 kids cupcake classes onboard. They were $15 and they decorated 3 cupcakes each class. The class was 1 hour and they learned a variety of techniques - and both classes were different. Here is a collage of the 2017 experience and product.

b1decf1901fdfee65f9e973facf7bde3.jpg

Fast Forward to 2019 and Symphony and it’s A LOT different! I asked questions about this before the cruise and there was not a lot of info available - but I had gathered that for $35 they would make only cupcake. Seemed like a rip off given the prior experience but it’s what my daughter (who wants to be a baker!) asked for from Grandma for Christmas so we were doing it no matter what...

We signed up on the cruise planner for this - not sure if they had empty spots at boarding but walk ins were turned away at the door when we got here. Seems like there are 25 attendees - only 5 are adults! So this one was definitely kid friendly!

Some of the reviews I had read previously indicated that it might be more teen friendly than kid friendly - and maybe they decide on the cupcake based on the ages of the attendees? We had ~15 of the 25 under 10, and many probably under 8!

The course is held in Sugar Beach - the ice cream/candy shop. On principal - that seems fine - our last one was in The Cupcakery on Liberty so it seemed normal.

Except when we got here - we found out the store would stay open! It is crazy in here! Guests are loud and behind the kids, when they walk in they can’t get to the counter, and there are a bunch of parents standing around watching helping too...it’s definitely not ideal - and for $35 my kid can hardly hear the quiet talking instructor.

0efd3727121ea18c4d1a4272e08abf5f.jpg

There is another set of tables and instructor on the other side of Sugar Beach as well.

For this price point - seems they could have held it in the dining room or closed Sugar Beach for an hour?

They are making a frog cupcake. There is not a model cupcake around to show them what they are doing. This is what they started with.

201a350658e2a437175eb4ea025177c5.jpg

This is the final product:

c50144b5361a7a523da86cbc45c51dd8.jpg

Overall - I’m not sure I would recommend this activity in its current form. My daughter does not like fondant or fake frosting so she wouldn’t even bring it back to our room - she tossed it out as soon as she posed for a photo to send to Grandma!

11 hours ago, Cel_cruise said:

This ship is HUGE!! No amount of deck plan studying could have prepared me for how much larger this ship is and how much there is to do compared to our last cruise on Liberty.

Our luggage didn’t arrive until nearly 7 so we didn’t have anything to unpack so we went out exploring.

Far to easy to get misplaced on this ship! Ha!

Our Muster Drill was a %#!? Show!! The videos didn’t work in the dining room Muster station and didn’t have sound - guests were talking non stop - but it eventually ended.

We watched sail away overlooking the pool deck and enjoyed the view!

Our daughter who is 7 has not needed her seapass card at Adventure Ocean at all.  We check her in and it has not been a problem at all, no card, no wrist pans.  

We’re on your same cruise.  We boarded with diamond+ and only have the key.

9 hours ago, Cel_cruise said:

Yes - I can buy her one - but it won’t stop the problem I have which is that she needs to carry a purse or something to keep the card in....little girl clothing doesn’t come with pockets to hold seapass cards! Ha!

When I spoke with Adventure Ocean - they said the only reason they can’t take them is because no one has given them a band reader...

Didn’t you say your daughter is 8?  They Told my daughter to leave her card with us when we checked her in.   If she’s older and needs a card you can just get her a lanyard, they have pretty sparkly ones in the gift shop.

Didn’t you say your daughter is 8?  They Told my daughter to leave her card with us when we checked her in.   If she’s older and needs a card you can just get her a lanyard, they have pretty sparkly ones in the gift shop.

Are you saying that they are not swiping your child’s seapass when they enter or exit AO?

My daughter is 8 (she would say almost 9!) but there are 6 other people on her pick up list besides me in our group. She would need her seapass when being picked up so unless the drop off and pick up person are the same - she won’t be able to get into our room to get a bathing suit or phone or change or to meet us in a show with reserved seating etc.

Right now she is using a lanyard like case that holds her phone and seapass together but she wouldn’t wear that in AO as I wouldn’t want the phone damaged. Regardless of there being work arounds - it’s mind boggling that you can use a WOW band EVERYWHERE on the ship except AO strictly because they don’t have a band reader!! That’s just being cheap!

FYI - some on this board have said that Royal allows anyone to be a self signer - but on SOTS they cap it at 9YO and up - which matches my experience on other ships. Not sure we would have used it - but just reporting its not available.

We’re on your same cruise.  We boarded with diamond+ and only have the key.

Yes - I know we are on the same cruise - I am the one who asked you about this boarding experience in our roll call.

You are welcome to share experiences here as well about this cruise if you want!

Cross posted with The Key thread...

The Key on Symphony...the headaches continue...

Tonight we had 2 activities that would involve The Key. We had reservations for Hiro and we had Ice Skating.

Hiro started at 8:30 and we arrived around 8:12. We stood in the reservation line and it was odd that it just wasn’t moving. Come to find out - that it wasn’t moving because most of the guests showing up at that time were Key guests - and when they showed up the reserved seating area was already full. Many guests were very unhappy. We know of at least 20 that could not be seated in the area but there may have been more.

The greeter from the Sports Staff was very apologetic - he told us that he has been asking management to start using the reservation data to block off reserved areas based on the actual numbers but they won’t accept his suggestion. I felt bad for him as the guy on the front line dealing with this mess. He said point blank to talk to CD Mike about it because it is definitely a real issue and we should not have been in this situation.

Our group of 8 split up - I took the 3 girls and we found some bench seating on the side that we could fit on it my daughter sat on my lap (for an hour!!) and the other 4 adults went to Deck 7 to watch - so not only did they not get Key - they didn’t even use their reservation!! One of them dragged a chair over for the senior of the group. While the view from Deck 7 was great - it should not have come to that!!! Luckily we thought the show had enough entertaining stunts and choreography that it helped make things tolerable.

After that disappointment - we went to the properly scheduled Ice Skating time. They waited until 9:30 to open the ice exactly and then nearly every guest that was in line needed to sign waivers. It was 9:45before we got to the front and then we had to wait for some of the girls moms to come down to sign waivers. It was 10:05 before we had everything done and could proceed to skate fitting area. Given the late start I asked that our group also be given stickers for the 10:30 Skating session which after pointing out we would have 5-8 minutes to skate before the time ran out, they agreed. In the end- that request being granted was great compensation. When they cleared the green group - they let us stay on the ice while the white group was allowed in the skate prep area. We had about 10 min of ice time with just the 4 of us which was perfect for the 2 kids who were new to skating!! We stayed on until the entire white group made it onto the ice and freed up seating for us to get off.

For skating - I accept that some of the delayed start was on us for needing to sign waivers - though I do wish that they had a process for this to sign them ahead of time or at checkin or muster tag pick up or something. But 15 minutes before we even got to the sign in station was crazy - this was a first ice skating event I think and there should have been more people to get the possible key guests into the ice quickly.

5 hours ago, Cel_cruise said:

Cross posted with The Key thread...

The Key on Symphony...the headaches continue...

Tonight we had 2 activities that would involve The Key. We had reservations for Hiro and we had Ice Skating.

Hiro started at 8:30 and we arrived around 8:12. We stood in the reservation line and it was odd that it just wasn’t moving. Come to find out - that it wasn’t moving because most of the guests showing up at that time were Key guests - and when they showed up the reserved seating area was already full. Many guests were very unhappy. We know of at least 20 that could not be seated in the area but there may have been more.

The greeter from the Sports Staff was very apologetic - he told us that he has been asking management to start using the reservation data to block off reserved areas based on the actual numbers but they won’t accept his suggestion. I felt bad for him as the guy on the front line dealing with this mess. He said point blank to talk to CD Mike about it because it is definitely a real issue and we should not have been in this situation.

Our group of 8 split up - I took the 3 girls and we found some bench seating on the side that we could fit on it my daughter sat on my lap (for an hour!!) and the other 4 adults went to Deck 7 to watch - so not only did they not get Key - they didn’t even use their reservation!! One of them dragged a chair over for the senior of the group. While the view from Deck 7 was great - it should not have come to that!!! Luckily we thought the show had enough entertaining stunts and choreography that it helped make things tolerable.

After that emoji360.png disappointment - we went to the properly scheduled Ice Skating time. They waited until 9:30 to open the ice exactly and then nearly every guest that was in line needed to sign waivers. It was 9:45before we got to the front and then we had to wait for some of the girls moms to come down to sign waivers. It was 10:05 before we had everything done and could proceed to skate fitting area. Given the late start I asked that our group also be given stickers for the 10:30 Skating session which after pointing out we would have 5-8 minutes to skate before the time ran out, they agreed. In the end- that request being granted was great compensation. When they cleared the green group - they let us stay on the ice while the white group was allowed in the skate prep area. We had about 10 min of ice time with just the 4 of us which was perfect for the 2 kids who were new to skating!! We stayed on until the entire white group made it onto the ice and freed up seating for us to get off.

For skating - I accept that some of the delayed start was on us for needing to sign waivers - though I do wish that they had a process for this to sign them ahead of time or at checkin or muster tag pick up or something. But 15 minutes before we even got to the sign in station was crazy - this was a first ice skating event I think and there should have been more people to get the possible key guests into the ice quickly.

Wow, that sucks about the key seating.  We were going to go at 8:15 too but our table mates in the dining room told us to always go to shows 30 mins early.  I know they didn’t  have the key but I didn’t want to miss the show so we arrived at 8 and stood in the reservation line.  When we got up to the front of the line they told us 4 rows were reserved for key members, they were maybe 6 rows back and right in the middle.  We were one of the first key people there because we could pick from any row any seat.  I think the more experienced cruisers knew to come at 8 and I was glad we did because there was someone on stage entertaining even before the show.   After hearing your story I think we’ll arrive 30 mins early for all the shows because I like to be where I can get good videos.

Wow, that sucks about the key seating.  We were going to go at 8:15 too but our table mates in the dining room told us to always go to shows 30 mins early.  I know they didn’t  have the key but I didn’t want to miss the show so we arrived at 8 and stood in the reservation line.  When we got up to the front of the line they told us 4 rows were reserved for key members, they were maybe 6 rows back and right in the middle.  We were one of the first key people there because we could pick from any row any seat.  I think the more experienced cruisers knew to come at 8 and I was glad we did because there was someone on stage entertaining even before the show.   After hearing your story I think we’ll arrive 30 mins early for all the shows because I like to be where I can get good videos.

Yes - they had 4 rows reserved for Key, Pinnacle, Diamond + (and Diamond?) And Star Class had the rows infront of that with the burgundy banners holding them.

Today we met with Katie the Activities Manager about The Key. She advised that seeing Adrian was the right thing to do and if we don’t get things resolved as the week goes on and Adrian is off the ship to elevate to Chris the hotel director.

We explained to her what happened at Hiro and how many people couldn’t be seated and asked why they don’t reserve seats for everyone that has a reservation that meets the criteria. She said that was a very good idea and asked us to include it on our survey but that they don’t have a report that provides that (I’m having a hard time believing that this is true but then I talked myself into the fact that maybe RoyalIT doesn’t have this info shared in the same database? ). She said that people with The Key should get there 30 min prior so we showed her the flyer in our room that said 15 min and the hold would have been lifted sometime after that.

She did look up our show schedule and said she would have reserved seating in her favorite 8 seats for all of the remaining shows we had booked. We will see how it plays out...it’s a nice gesture but obviously falls into the category of keeping the guests happy but not fixing the problem.

I also showed Katie some of the schedules and experiences posted in this thread and how I felt that the inconsistency across the fleet / even across a class of ships was really a problem. When deciding to spend that money for a cruise you look at others experience and reviews and it’s so vastly different that it adds to the frustration. She was interested by some of the schedules posted here and asked if I had shared with Adrian - I told her not in the detail I had shown her but I told her where to find it all if she wanted to go look!

Lastly - we talked to Katie about the wrist bands. I told her that Adrian was surprised we didn’t get one and that they were delivered to our room but that we didn’t know what they were for as they were not in the documentation. She told us they were for priority access at activities and even called the head of the sports staff to ask what they were for and how they worked. He confirmed the process to show them to the sport staff and they would work you into the ride - 3 regular to 1 priority rider ratio was mentioned.