Carnival Paradise Questions

Hello, all!

My family and I are about to cruise to Grand Cayman/Cozumel aboard the Paradise.  I have 2 questions:

1.  I read somewhere that aboard Carnival, guests are allowed extra entrees in the main dining room at no extra charge.  You know, in case one wants to try more than one thing. Is this true?

2.  I have a 12-year-old daughter who is dreading the club.  She did not like it on another ship/line, and I have told her that this may be different - as that club included younger kids, and this one is just for ages 12-14.   If you have a child that age, did (s)he like the kids club aboard Paradise?

Thank you in advance for your kind help.

We cruised on the Paradise with the same itinerary a few years ago, before the dry dock, and we had our teens and tweens with us.

1. Yes, this is true. 

2. We have sailed on both Carnival and Royal Caribbean. My kids faaaaaar prefer Carnival. They loved the clubs on Carnival. The staff in the Carnival clubs seem to be a lot more fun and lively than the RC clubs we've experienced. 

1 hour ago, Momto3girlsintheCarolinas said:

Hello, all!

My family and I are about to cruise to Grand Cayman/Cozumel aboard the Paradise.  I have 2 questions:

1.  I read somewhere that aboard Carnival, guests are allowed extra entrees in the main dining room at no extra charge.  You know, in case one wants to try more than one thing. Is this true?

2.  I have a 12-year-old daughter who is dreading the club.  She did not like it on another ship/line, and I have told her that this may be different - as that club included younger kids, and this one is just for ages 12-14.   If you have a child that age, did (s)he like the kids club aboard Paradise?

Thank you in advance for your kind help.

1. Yes, this is true. A sister line (HAL) is testing fees for second entree, but it hasn't been seen on Carnival as yet.

2. My kids loved the Carnival clubs. The key is going the first night to the initial meet and greet. Most of the kids form their groups on that first night. 

On our upcoming cruise I told my 10 YO grandson that he HAS to enroll in Camp Ocean, and HAS to go to the first night party... if he thinks it's boring or stupid or not fun or any of the other 20 excuses he's used on me to justify not going there, then he doesn't need to go back. But if he doesn't register, and meet some kids that first night, then watches them doing cool things like scavenger hunts, video game competitions, other fun things, it'll be too late.

So I think you're smart to get her to go to the first party, then let her decide for herself if it's not for her!

18 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

On our upcoming cruise I told my 10 YO grandson that he HAS to enroll in Camp Ocean, and HAS to go to the first night party... if he thinks it's boring or stupid or not fun or any of the other 20 excuses he's used on me to justify not going there, then he doesn't need to go back. But if he doesn't register, and meet some kids that first night, then watches them doing cool things like scavenger hunts, video game competitions, other fun things, it'll be too late.

So I think you're smart to get her to go to the first party, then let her decide for herself if it's not for her!

Great minds think alike! We struck exactly the same deal.  You have to go and give it a fair chance.  If you really don't like it, that's fine.....but at least be sure of what you might be missing.

I just did a review of this same cruise:  

I have a 12 year old son who went to the kids club.  He enjoyed that he was able to check himself in/out depending what was going on.  The ship is small enough that I felt comfortable with him doing that with the expectation that he was only to go in a few predetermined locations if not in the kids club.  Here's the schedule for the 12-14 yrs olds.

Carnival kid club ages 12-14_ March 2019.JPEG

Carnival Kids Club ages 12-14_last day_March 2019.JPEG

On 4/14/2019 at 2:19 PM, Shaded Lady said:

We did that too with three grandsons they chose not to go back after the first day.they met other kids and played basketball ,swimmed and hung out on sea days.no  problems either way.