Specialty Dining 11+ Nights

Seany527

How long has the 11 night sailing been in a category of its own?  In January 2019 I sailed an 11 night cruise and only had 4 dining packages. Or at least, I only used 4 of the 5 allotted to me. 😔

Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 11.21.58 AM.png

I think this is very new. 

We cruised 12 nights on the Escape in December and had four meals when we selected the dining package as one of our perks.

I recently booked an 11 night cruise on the Gem and assumed I would get four nights as well.

Thanks for posting this - checked my fare breakdown and we have been charged the five night gratuity so looking forward to an extra night specialty! 

You could double check your fare breakdown for your cruise in January to see how much gratuity you paid- that would tell you whether you had 5 but only used 4 or if you did indeed only have the 4. Keep in mind that depending on when you booked the January cruise you may have been grandfathered in to 18% gratuity (as we were for our cruise in December) so you might find the amount you paid doesn't align perfectly with the chart above.

Edited by JillK

22 minutes ago, Korlad said:

This must be a special of some type. We booked in July 2018 for a 14 night cruise leaving in 2 weeks and we only get 4 dinners. I did just find this website that is offering what you questioned for certain cruises after Nov 2019.

https://cruiseweb.com/norwegian-cruise-line-specials/ 

I used the same TA (not the one above) to book both my previous 12 night NCL cruise and the upcoming 11 night NCL cruise so I would have to assume the change is with NCL.

I do see that when you click "learn more" on NCL's splash page regarding the current offer, under "specialty dining" it does read "Guests 1 & 2 receive a dining package with up to 5 free meals at our Specialty venues."

Edited by JillK

15 minutes ago, JillK said:

I used the same TA (not the one above) to book both my previous 12 night NCL cruise and the upcoming 11 night NCL cruise so I would have to assume the change is with NCL.

I do see that when you click "learn more" on NCL's splash page regarding the current offer, under "specialty dining" it does read "Guests 1 & 2 receive a dining package with up to 5 free meals at our Specialty venues."

Yup.

19 hours ago, JillK said:

I think this is very new. 

We cruised 12 nights on the Escape in December and had four meals when we selected the dining package as one of our perks.

I recently booked an 11 night cruise on the Gem and assumed I would get four nights as well.

Thanks for posting this - checked my fare breakdown and we have been charged the five night gratuity so looking forward to an extra night specialty! 

You could double check your fare breakdown for your cruise in January to see how much gratuity you paid- that would tell you whether you had 5 but only used 4 or if you did indeed only have the 4. Keep in mind that depending on when you booked the January cruise you may have been grandfathered in to 18% gratuity (as we were for our cruise in December) so you might find the amount you paid doesn't align perfectly with the chart above.

Thanks for the tip. I reviewed my old cruise docs and it appears I had just the 4 meals at that time. 

• Like 1

Yeah something changed. I booked a 14 night cruise in July 2018 and received 4 nights specialty dining. When I rebooked it in December 2018 in order to get the double points promotion, they unexpectedly said I was now receiving 5 nights specialty dining (and had a marginal amount in extra gratuities due). So it was sometime in those 5 months.

Edited by pghflyer
  • Like 1