Jim_Iain Live Blog - Infinity B2B - Carribbean and East Bound TA

Jim_Iain

It is time to hit the seas again and we are so in need of a cruise.   While we don't suffer from severe cold winters like many, it has been a very wet but mild El Nino winter in Northern California.   

We initially booked the TA cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Barcelona, but ended up adding on a short 5 day Caribbean prior to the crossing.   While we don't leave for 3 days, I thought I would start getting the blog started.   Please feel free to jump in also ask questions.    I will try to fulfill all requests.

First up is the Itineraries - 

950996594_CaribbeanCruiseMap.jpg.b4be005931d08f772e55b8edc90f5b3a.jpg

1591021682_TACruiseMap.jpg.86a102464408074e2dcd14f8ab2d8800.jpg

• Like 7

Have a fabulous cruise! We are doing the crossing back from Rome on the Infinity in October. We have never done a transatlantic so looking forward to it. I have no idea what kind of weather to expect, much less anything else! 😂. We managed to snag a corner family aft veranda for the 2 of us so should be a good time!

2 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

Have a fabulous cruise! We are doing the crossing back from Rome on the Infinity in October. We have never done a transatlantic so looking forward to it. I have no idea what kind of weather to expect, much less anything else! 😂. We managed to snag a corner family aft veranda for the 2 of us so should be a good time!

I'm sure you will have a wonderful cruise.   We have done many TA's and your itinerary is one of the best.    It will be moderate in temperature while in the Caribbean (65-75 F).    Once you get down to the Canary Islands weather will warm up and most of the time the southern crossing is Hawaii type weather and usually smooth as a pond.   Having said that weather is unpredictable and you could also get a storm or high seas.

Looking forward to following along with you, we’ve got a cruise on the Reflection in January and recently added a 5 night infinity cruise before it so really interested to here about the infinity from your time onboard, 

hope you have a great crossing and a fantastic 19 night cruise, very very jealous indeed, 

cheers 🍸👍🏻

28 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

Have a great B2B, look forward to reading as you go!

28 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

Have a great B2B, look forward to reading as you go!

28 minutes ago, hcat said:

BON VOYAGE!  

looking forward to  your posts...

43 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Following. Looking forward to another of your very informative and enjoyable reviews😊

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

Jim - I look forward to your writing and sailing!

Thank you for sharing...

bon voyage

1 hour ago, SEA DOGY said:

You going to Madeira island?. That’s my favorite island ,  I’ll be waiting for you review a bout this amazing island

Have a great trip I will be following you blog 👌

1 hour ago, Mike981 said:

Very cool, I enjoy your trip reports.

2 hours ago, kpark895 said:

Following merrily along with you both!

3 hours ago, barneyboy said:

It’s a pity you’re not staying on for the first Mediterranean cruise as we are on that. Wishing you a calm crossing. 

4 hours ago, scottygirl said:

Following.  Have a great trip!

3 hours ago, myjillian said:

All aboard !

Thanks for all who are following along.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

We have done some TA's  in Dec. and the sea was like glass...on others we have had up to 40 ft swells....either way you'll enjoy it

Oh, good! another  Jim _Ian blog! I will be following eagerly. I was so amazed  by your transpacific blog that we booked the same cruise for this September. We had never considered  a transpacific, but you guys seemed to have had such fun (dispute the two typhoons you experienced) that we are going to try it. I hope you have a great cruise.

2 hours ago, myjillian said:

How did you do that ????

At the base each message is a + to the left of Quote.     Click the plus for each multiple quote you wish.   A quote box will pop up on bottom right with the number of quotes you have selected.   When complete Click the Quot box and it insert all of them.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Jazzbo said:

Have a wonderful voyage!  We've only done one TA and we loved it, despite north Atlantic storms requiring a change of itinerary and high seas.

Thanks.   I'm hoping for a nice smooth cruise.    Last October/November we were hit with 2 typhoons and 1 hurricane on 3 cruises.    We still had a wonderful time but hoping for a nice smooth warm crossing.