Jim_Iain Live Blog - Infinity B2B - Carribbean and East Bound TA

Jim_Iain

11 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

We sailed in a RS on our last two cruises with Celebrity.   We did not receive any special invitations by the officers.   We certainly did not have a mostly private tour of the bridge along with lunch with the Captain.   These benefits come from being a “Zenith” member of the Cpatains Club and are not available to ordinary folks booked in a Royal Suite.    I don’t want anyone to be disappointed that they don’t receive what Jim L. receives even if you pay full price for a RS.

On this cruise the bridge tour and lunch was not just Zenith’s.    I’m not sure how they were picked but there were a couple Zenith’s, a couple Royals and a couple Sky Suites.  

15 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I agree with you as we did it once and felt we were done with it.    Even with a different menu I doubt we would do it again.  

We are of the same feeling.   One and done.   If with unlimited specialty dining we skip all of them on MClass.   

Our taste go more toward Murano

11 hours ago, varoo said:

We did a transatlantic from Ft. Lauderdale to Harwich on Infinity in May, 2013.

Thanks for the information.   I believe I posted that Captain said the last season in Europe was in 2015.  

The waiter that that told me he had only been with Celebrity for 3 years and never been to Europe, which had him thinking she only sailed SA and Caribbean. 

14 hours ago, Carnevale said:

Jim, you have been so wonderful about sharing so much info and answering so many questions!  I hope you won't mind one more.

We love to ballroom dance and, from the dailies you are posting, we are excited about the amount of time there is dancing in different venues.  Have you seen many people dancing and does it look more like disco or freeform dancing or more like ballroom?

Wonderful that you are having smooth seas and seem to be having a good time.  It's such fun to check in every day to read more!

We have seen mostly ballroom in early events at Cosmopolitan also after dinner ballroom as well as freeform in Rendezvous Lounge.   Silent Disco a couple evenings. 

21 hours ago, hcat said:

I heard they had several  good choices of non sushi so we are going to try it on the Summit...dh allergic to  lobster...I love it!   What's your fav  non sushi dishes?

Sorry, my memory is not good about stuff like that.  There were 3 of us and none of us had sushi and all enjoyed the meal.  So just know there are other choices.

16 hours ago, jcpc said:

On most of my recent sailings my experience has been the complete opposite of what you post.  There is a private bridge tour and a lunch with the Captain and Sr. Officers for the guests staying in the PH and RS.  There may or may not be an additional luncheon for Zenith members (depends on how many Zeniths are sailing).  Or sometimes if there are only 2 or 3 Zeniths on a sailing they are invited to the luncheon for the upper suite guests.  The invitation actually referred to it as a VIP Luncheon.  So I think this luncheon with the Captain varies from ship to ship.

Depends on the Captain.  Captain Kate doesn't do those things.  Sailed in both PH and RS and never got invited to anything.  Have been invited with other captains.  And I'm only Zen, stuck in that vast sinkhole between Elite+ and Zenith.

18 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We have seen mostly ballroom in early events at Cosmopolitan also after dinner ballroom as well as freeform in Rendezvous Lounge.   Silent Disco a couple evenings. 

Many thx for this info Jim!  It is great to know that we should pack our dance shoes.

19 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

They have a plaque near the jogging track showing distance around track. 

A8E3BD2F-D91F-4AD1-9262-58BC69A4DBE2.thumb.jpeg.ce300615c004a5b9f380d9546f2e58a5.jpeg

My biggest regret about Celebrity vs. Holland is the lack of a true promenade deck.  3 or 4 laps around the Holland deck equals a mile. 

• Like 1

Sunday April, 28

Today has been mostly overcast and the temperatures have begun to drop a little as we start heading north.   High temperature today was approximately 71 degrees with light breezes and calm seas.  Weather projections show we should have decent weather for Funchal on Tuesday.   

image.png.ae34a1faa68f8683ecb47be59779b119.png

Was exploring the area where they will be installing Retreat.   Climbed up to the crows-nest area and discovered where they are putting the old lounge chairs. 

03F107A5-6A3E-4A48-BB2F-C30550DEFEFD.thumb.jpeg.2a582308bd1b8c91774bb492aff5da9c.jpeg

BB7E1CA1-6915-4360-BFE1-6BA783A43696.thumb.jpeg.739c9a2d964659ef7bd0aaa56611a2d1.jpeg

D50B8AFB-45C1-4F01-87D3-32160E4D93CD.thumb.jpeg.b6a0a6a638b97224e76f1d4f806e3b90.jpeg

E334F71F-CA87-4883-91BE-7B9C1B6C1040.thumb.jpeg.b942232ff98174ceb391af673dec9598.jpeg

the basketball court is very active with various activities during the day. 

78FF0B6B-C004-4F45-A49B-DAABCC3AEF64.thumb.jpeg.119532bfe51d536e0f1a5c3efb1c8e94.jpeg

• Like 2