Signature Suite question

BK512

After the recent price drop, I was able to upgrade to a Signature Suite and still save 650 on my cruise (yay, me)
I understand there aren't a lot of perks with this, but does it include priority boarding?
This is my first HAL cruise....I am afraid I will be spoiled and not want to go back to regular balcony cabins!

Thanks.  That's what I figured. 
I wanted the more spacious room, because our adult son is traveling with us, and it will be nice to have the room to maneuver around.  

Of course, I promptly contacted others in our group in a similar situation, and they all took the upgrade.  Woohoo!  Alaska, here we come!

1 minute ago, rkacruiser said:

I think I recall that Signature Suites had a phone concierge service.

That's correct. The room is half again as big as a normal balcony room. 

For me, its the size and spaciousness of the bathroom that makes a signature suite worthwhile, especially with an upgrade.  Its really difficult to go back to a standard balcony after enjoying that bathroom!

The Signature suites are great. We've sailed in them twice.

Once was a 3 week cruise on the Noordam where having the extra room was wonderful.

The other was this past summer on the Eurodam. It was a short Alaska cruise but we had our teenage grandson with us. He is adult size and slept on the fold out sofa. While I wouldn't want to share that space on a 3 week cruise it was fine for a week. The 2 bathroom sinks and showers were very helpful. There was enough storage space for each of us to have our own closet section and drawer space.

This picture will give you an idea of the space in the cabin with the bed folded out.

IMG_20180618_192316502.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank for the photo with the couch folded out...it answered many of my little questions.

are there more than one outlet, too?

This is a "Come for the graduation, stay for the alaska cruise" family trip...we have 6 cabins, and 4 of them are Signature Suites! My younger son is graduating from UW, and we're celebrating getting him off our payroll!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, taxmantoo said:

No priority boarding, or any other perks for that matter.

What you get is one GREAT room.  Very spacious, nice bathroom and large balcony.   Enjoy!

Agree 100%.  While no extra perks to speak of, the cabin is a very nice size (I am guessing about 20-25% smaller than the Neptune but much larger than a balcony cabin) and the bathrooms are great!

On our last cruise we had one of the Signatures that "angle out".  It gives you a bit more room, you can see forward from your balcony and they are close to the aft elevators - check it out if you can.

7 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

I am guessing about 20-25% smaller than the Neptune but much larger than a balcony cabin

Standard verandas are 9 ft wide, Signatures 13.5 ft, and Neptunes 18.  So a Sig is 25% smaller than a Neptune and 50% larger than a standard balcony.

19 minutes ago, catl331 said:

Standard verandas are 9 ft wide, Signatures 13.5 ft, and Neptunes 18.  So a Sig is 25% smaller than a Neptune and 50% larger than a standard balcony.

Thanks for the information!  My guess was pretty close (20-25% smaller on the Signature).  I was pretty sure on the balcony being 50% of the Neptune, as you can see it from the outside (two balconies take as much space as one Neptune).

12 hours ago, BK512 said:

Thank for the photo with the couch folded out...it answered many of my little questions.

are there more than one outlet, too?

This is a "Come for the graduation, stay for the alaska cruise" family trip...we have 6 cabins, and 4 of them are Signature Suites! My younger son is graduating from UW, and we're celebrating getting him off our payroll!

What a wonderful idea! I hope you all have a wonderful time!

There were plenty of outlets. We each had a phone and I had a separate camera and laptop. And as you can see in the photo we also requested a fan for the room. There were enough outlets to charge and use these things.

20 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Thanks for the information!  My guess was pretty close (20-25% smaller on the Signature).  I was pretty sure on the balcony being 50% of the Neptune, as you can see it from the outside (two balconies take as much space as one Neptune).

Use a pair of dividers on a deck plan: 3 Neptunes = 4 Signatures = 6 verandas

We sailed on the Noordam in 2015 in a Signature suite, what a lovely time, a GREAT stateroom even with no "extra perks"!  My in-laws were in a Neptune suite, not nearly as nice and the extras were not really worth the price for us.  Enjoy the journey!

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/15/2019 at 9:39 AM, Sea42 said:

What a wonderful idea! I hope you all have a wonderful time!

There were plenty of outlets. We each had a phone and I had a separate camera and laptop. And as you can see in the photo we also requested a fan for the room. There were enough outlets to charge and use these things.

We are booked in a signature suite after a nice upgrade offer for an Alaska cruise in a couple weeks on the Westerdam.  Are there issues with the HVAC which caused the need for a fan?  

A couple nice perks we found on our 80 Day Grand S.A. & Antarctica cruise were not only laundry included but also dry cleaning.  Also on in room breakfast menu you can order steak & eggs and mimosas free of charge.

15 hours ago, LRLLSL said:

We are booked in a signature suite after a nice upgrade offer for an Alaska cruise in a couple weeks on the Westerdam.  Are there issues with the HVAC which caused the need for a fan?  

No, there weren't any issues with HVAC. I just like to have a fan when I sleep. The air movement and white noise have just become a habit.

15 hours ago, FRANKIEDNYC said:

A couple nice perks we found on our 80 Day Grand S.A. & Antarctica cruise were not only laundry included but also dry cleaning.  Also on in room breakfast menu you can order steak & eggs and mimosas free of charge.

I believe those are only perks in the Neptune and higher suites. Not in Signature Suites.