Iceland and Corner Brook

resistk

Doing the West Bound "super crossing" in July.  Anyone have any suggestions for private tour companies in these locations, Iceland and Corner Brook  Corner Brook especially, I have been there before and if you have seen one Tim Horton's, you have seen them all.

Edited by resistk

On 4/14/2019 at 12:12 PM, resistk said:

Doing the West Bound "super crossing" in July.  Anyone have any suggestions for private tour companies in these locations, Iceland and Corner Brook  Corner Brook especially, I have been there before and if you have seen one Tim Horton's, you have seen them all.

If you don't get answers here you might want to try the Holland America cruise critic site and ask there.  They have a ship going to those two places every year on their 'voyage of the vikings'.

Will  be watching the replies.  Just booked the July 31, 2020 transatlantic from NY. Looking for ideas for Iceland. Will be there with 3 of my sisters. Leaving at the end of April 2019  on  the Norwegian Pearl transatlantic and almost booked the QM2 2019 cruise. 

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 5:12 PM, resistk said:

don't know about Corner Brook but plenty of tour companies in Rekjavik  just google  Rekyjavik tours 

• 2 weeks later...

We are from Atlanta GA and will be doing this cruise.  We are looking at Viator.com for tours in Iceland.  We use this company when we are staying extra days before and after cruises.  Just used them in April in Cape Town on Princess 2019 World Cruise since we were in port 3 days.  Excellent tours.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/3/2019 at 11:31 PM, safarigal said:

I had posted a question about day tours in Iceland on the Northern Europe &Baltic Sea CC Ports of Call forum and have had some great responses. I don't know if this link will work: 

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2660059-private-day-tour-in-iceland/?tab=comments&source=122648#comment-57401186

Will you be blogging about this voyage, as well? I enjoy your writing and, as I’m on the similar crossing next year, I’d love to hear you thoughts.

On 4/14/2019 at 5:12 PM, resistk said:

I can possibly help you with Iceland.

We did an overnight there not so long ago and I booked an excursion before arrival.

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2014/07/10/celebrity-infinity-to-iceland-and-the-fiords/

Okay, it is on a Celebrity ship however, if you scroll down to the 'Itinerary' section you will find how we did the excursion called 'The Golden Triangle' and a link to the company.

They were very good.

There's also a bonus in that I've reviewed the following day DIY around Reykjavik...

1359395211_unknownsculpture1selfie.thumb.jpg.55f6173e9cc94cbee81de533bb495716.jpg

Hallgrims-Kirkja.thumb.jpg.0b653e9cd5ace04f7691ddc3aedc03bc.jpg

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Solent Richard said:

I can possibly help you with Iceland.

We did an overnight there not so long ago and I booked an excursion before arrival.

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2014/07/10/celebrity-infinity-to-iceland-and-the-fiords/

Okay, it is on a Celebrity ship however, if you scroll down to the 'Itinerary' section you will find how we did the excursion called 'The Golden Triangle' and a link to the company.

They were very good

There's also a bonus in that I've reviewed the following day DIY around Reykjavik...

Thank you! This was very helpful. Do you know if there’s a curfew for returning to the QM2 overnight? I think my husband would love to take an evening tour.

12 hours ago, Tonopah said:

Thank you! This was very helpful. Do you know if there’s a curfew for returning to the QM2 overnight? I think my husband would love to take an evening tour.

My pleasure.

There certainly was no overnight curfew when we called at Reykjavik. 

On 6/4/2019 at 7:18 AM, Tonopah said:

Will you be blogging about this voyage, as well? I enjoy your writing and, as I’m on the similar crossing next year, I’d love to hear you thoughts.

I most likely will be blogging - I love the itinerary, and would like to share it with others :)

• 1 month later...

We opted for the Lobster Lunch excursion which included the volcanic region.  It was a nice trip, you can get up close to the bubbling mud pots, smell the funes, and if you are spry, clamber up a steep hill for a better look.  The lobsters by the way are actually langostinos.  Second day, QM2 cut short its stay, so we visited downtown Reykjavik.  Iceland was great, the weather was good, we saw alot and will likely return.

Cornerbrook wasn't as bad I remember.  The cruise up the Humber River was almost like Norway. The trail system  behind the town seemed to have been expanded and we had a wonderful walk along the riverlet, the lake and dam.  Weather was in the seventies.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have an answer for you in Corner Brook!  We went on the QM2 to Corner Brook last September and in order to find a tour a emailed a tour company that normally does land tours for visitors and they were outstanding!  They told us they also do cruise excursions, but on a request basis only.  I found another couple on our cruise from a Trip Advisor comment and the four of us went.  The tour company was Linkum Tours and I dealt with Pamela Hoskins.  Their website is www.linkumtours.comOur guide was Rebecca.  She took us to Gros Morne National Park and we had various stops up and back.  We were also served a delicious boxed lunch, which happened to be at a Bed and Breakfast and the owners were delightful and sang for us.  The cost was $100 per person for four people.  When we returned to the ship and talked to others, I believe that we had the best day and really experienced NewFoundland.  Their email address is info@linkumtours.com.  Sorry that my profile has no info, I cannot determine how to get back in to my account (eab), so set up a new one a few minutes ago.