Snorkeling excursion in st kitt

jean87510

Today I decided to take a short 90 minute snorkeling excursion that I booked through viator for st. Kitt watersports. We had arranged a day pass at the Marriott prior by contacting Marriott websites email. $35 a person. Make sure to have credit card and photo i.d. 

We got off our ship at 9am, walked very fast to cab stand, and checked into Marriott. Then we took a cab to carambola to meet the boat at 10am. Now granted, we probably could have stayed at carambola but I personally am not a fan and prefer a pool with my beach. 

We were taken to shitten bay and snorkeled there and the shipwreck for about an hour. We saw star fish, conch shells, squid, turtles, sting rays and other fish. Really nice snorkeling.

We got back to carambola and headed back to the Marriott where I'm writing this review sitting by a lovely pool with a drink. 

2 hours ago, jean87510 said:

Today I decided to take a short 90 minute snorkeling excursion that I booked through viator for st. Kitt watersports. We had arranged a day pass at the Marriott prior by contacting Marriott websites email. $35 a person. Make sure to have credit card and photo i.d. 

We got off our ship at 9am, walked very fast to cab stand, and checked into Marriott. Then we took a cab to carambola to meet the boat at 10am. Now granted, we probably could have stayed at carambola but I personally am not a fan and prefer a pool with my beach. 

We were taken to shitten bay and snorkeled there and the shipwreck for about an hour. We saw star fish, conch shells, squid, turtles, sting rays and other fish. Really nice snorkeling.

We got back to carambola and headed back to the Marriott where I'm writing this review sitting by a lovely pool with a drink. 

Sounds like a fantastic day!  I'm jealous since I'm looking out the window at rain.  

What was the name of the company that took you snorkeling?  I'll be on a land vacation at the Marriott in Sep and looking for a snorkeling trip that includes turtles.  Did you see a lot of turtles or only a couple?

Thanks for your help!

12 hours ago, jean87510 said:

St. Kitt watersports. Saw 3 turtles. I usually  find them in different islands swimming in sea grass and I always see them in the am. St. Kitts watersports does a few morning and afternoon tours. 

THANK YOU!

• 3 weeks later...

It sounds like you had a wonderful snorkeling day. We went here (on a different tour) and there were hundreds of starfish everywhere. We didn't see any turtles or stingrays and I was sorta disappointed in the "shipwreck" itself. It was more like a barge/tug type of small boat that had been there (they said) over 80 years and decayed to not much left of it. We did see your normal fish and stuff but nothing too awesome. This just goes to show that every day can be different in the same area with the wild life you may encounter. But hey, we did have a snorkeling monkey with us. 😄