Summit balcony partition

Blockschip

18 minutes ago, Blockschip said:

I thought I had read on CC that the partitions can be opened up between adjoining balconies but our room steward says they can’t. Is this just available on the larger ships?

M-class balcony partitions do not open up, so you were told correctl.

1 hour ago, Blockschip said:

I thought I had read on CC that the partitions can be opened up between adjoining balconies but our room steward says they can’t. Is this just available on the larger ships?

On Summit and the other M-class ships, it depends on which stateroom you have.

There are some balcony partitions that can be opened (on deck 11 and several on deck 6) but most cannot.

I'd like to mention that all of the partitions appear to be new post revolution. Not saying that as a result they can open, I didn't look at that aspect so I cant comment if anything has changed in that regard, just noting that they appeared fresh and new. 

Edited by MizDemeanor

14 minutes ago, MizDemeanor said:

I'd like to mention that all of the partitions appear to be new post revolution. Not saying that as a result they can open, I didn't look at that aspect so I cant comment if anyhitng has changed in that regard, just noting that they appeared fresh and new. 

Thanks for the reminder.  I hadn't even thought about that when I replied so my previous comments about deck 11 and deck 6 pertained to the pre-revolution partitions.

I have no idea of what opens/doesn't open post revolution.

We have 4 Aqua class cabins in a row and 2 inside cabins across the hallway for our Alaska cruise on the Millennium 

in 2020. Just found out that the partitions do not open. What ?! Blows my mind that this was not included in the upgrade. We are a group of 12 who have sailed on Carnival and Royal and have always been able to open the partitions. Part of our reason for booking cabins in a row is so that we can interact outside on the balcony. May have to reconsider this cruise and go with a different cruise line.

In the past I have visited people in their staterooms who opened the partitions between cabins but they did so themselves. They brought a tool with them. Not saying this should be done, just saying I have known it to be done.

And I have no clue what kind of tool it was since I'm more in the habit of breaking things rather than fixing them.