Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
san diego spartan

Dining Menus 1st Night Mexican Riveria Nieuw Amsterdam

Recommended Posts

As I had trouble finding update menus for this cruise I going to try to post them as we go along. I'm also including in this post the menu available every evening.

 

Tonight we actually eat at Pinnacle Grill.

 

 

Screenshot_2019-04-14-14-12-13.png

Screenshot_2019-04-14-14-12-20.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How was check in and boarding with two ships in?  Are they still walking people across the pier through the tent in groups to board? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are on this cruise boarding 4/21. Thanks for doing this!!!...Can you confirm what I've read about possibly a charge for a 2nd entree? And when you are in the MDR can you comment on the food? Thanks!! LuAnn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also if you go ...are their still production shows? How are the piano players at "Billboard Onboard"?? Thanks for being my eyes and ears on board!! :)  LuAnn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thank you for posting these, very useful, enjoy your cruise

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2019 at 4:58 PM, frankc98376 said:

How was check in and boarding with two ships in?  Are they still walking people across the pier through the tent in groups to board? 

Yes still walking across the pier and through the tent.  It went pretty smoothly actually.  Only issue was having to take luggage over the pier to the porter and then back across to checkin area.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2019 at 5:18 PM, LuAnn said:

Also if you go ...are their still production shows? How are the piano players at "Billboard Onboard"?? Thanks for being my eyes and ears on board!! 🙂 LuAnn

There was a dance show mayne called One Step that was good.  Tonight an illusionist.  I also think they have a crew show listed.

 

Yes 2 piano players in Billboard.  One is very good.  The other only soso.

 

BB King band is excellent.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, san diego spartan said:

Yes still walking across the pier and through the tent.  It went pretty smoothly actually.  Only issue was having to take luggage over the pier to the porter and then back across to check in area.

 

So luggage drop off for the ship on the south side is  at the end of the pier by the tent?  We've only been there with one ship and luggage drop off was near the front gate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3rd night was Culinary Council dinner.  I had an app that I still am thinking about.  It hit all the different tastes spicy sweet salty etc.  Very unique.  Had goat cheese quark in it. Attached a photo.

 

Screenshot_2019-04-16-19-46-38.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the same appetizer on the Zuiderdam in February. Saw the words "lovage" and "quark" and figured what the heck, why not try it? 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is awesome! Please continue posting the menus when you can. We're sailing this same itinerary in a few months. 🙂

 

If it's not too much to ask, can you post a few of the 'When and Where's' too? 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THANKYOU for posting these wonderful menus! 

I’ve already had dinner AND IM HUNGRY 😳

Denise😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We just got off the Eurodam to the same region 7 nights and I was disappointed we ddin't get escargot in the MDR.  They did offer it at the specialty night at Pinnacle Grill when they do Rudy's.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ScottC4746 said:

We just got off the Eurodam to the same region 7 nights and I was disappointed we ddin't get escargot in the MDR.  They did offer it at the specialty night at Pinnacle Grill when they do Rudy's.

 

 

Hmmmm, that is a bit disappointing, as we love their escargot. Not even on any of the Gala Night menus in the MDR?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ScottC4746 said:

We just got off the Eurodam to the same region 7 nights and I was disappointed we ddin't get escargot in the MDR.  They did offer it at the specialty night at Pinnacle Grill when they do Rudy's.

 

We both ordered the escargot and it was delicious.  Sorry you missed it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, KroozNut said:

This is awesome! Please continue posting the menus when you can. We're sailing this same itinerary in a few months. 🙂

 

If it's not too much to ask, can you post a few of the 'When and Where's' too? 😃

I'll try.  I've actually have been usong the Navigator App for the when and where itinerary and it works great.  Plus I like you can choose any day of the cruise so you can ahead.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Awards
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...