Serenade of the Seas 21 Nov 2020

8 hours ago, VK3DQ said:

Hi Folks

A Real long wit to this one .. what do we know about Serenade ??

Regards

John

It’s newer than radiance by a couple of years There’s something a little different  can’t quite remember it was fitted with a LED lighting and from memory last dry dock was 2017 .

I believe it may be going to Singapore after its Alaska season in 2021 like radiance is doing this season.

oh this the information you were waiting for Woopi Goldberg is the godmother.

Edited by Chiliburn

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

It’s newer than radiance by a couple of years There’s something a little different  can’t quite remember it was fitted with a LED lighting and from memory last dry dock was 2017 .

I believe it may be going to Singapore after its Alaska season in 2021 like radiance is doing this season.

oh this the information you were waiting for Woopi Goldberg is the godmother.

I know it has gas turbine engines 🙂

It looks to be a well balanced ship anyway another New Zealand jaunt for us ... and as you know we have been to New Zealand lots of times so the SHIP is our destination ...

Regards John

Edited by VK3DQ

18 minutes ago, VK3DQ said:

I know it has gas turbine engines 🙂

It looks to be a well balanced ship anyway another New Zealand jaunt for us ... and as you know we have been to New Zealand lots of times so the SHIP is our destination ...

Regards John

The gas turbines are very smooth and quiet.

Radiance class is a friendly smaller ship.Theres a lower ratio of balcony cabins 

serenade has a tropical theme 

So we are booked in a grand suite to Tasmania on the 12 of December 2020.which was very good value.

10 hours ago, VK3DQ said:

Hi Folks

A Real long wit to this one .. what do we know about Serenade ??

Regards

John

I don’t know much about her except I hope to spend about 33 days on her

We will board her in 536 days for he first cruise out of Sydney - music charter - Oct 5 2020.

We expect she will be very similar to our favourite ship Radiance. It's a long wait, lucky we have some plans in the interim.

1 hour ago, mr walker said:

We will board her in 536 days for he first cruise out of Sydney - music charter - Oct 5 2020.

We expect she will be very similar to our favourite ship Radiance. It's a long wait, lucky we have some plans in the interim.

Always nice to have a few up the sleeve.

• Like 1

Mister walker.

What  are the bands if I may ask?

Country,classic,popular rock or are you in to yah yah head banging.  LoL

Edited by Chiliburn

15 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Mister walker.

What  are the bands if I may ask?

Country,classic,popular rock or are you in to yah yah head banging.  LoL

15 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I think he has said it is Cruisin' Country in another thread, goes to the south pacific.

Yes, that's right Mic - ports are Noumea. Isle of Pines & Lifou. Won't be our first visits there 🙂

Chiili, no headbanging for us! Cream of Australian country music - over 50 artists, with headliners including Lee Kernaghan, Troy Casser-Daley, Adam Harvey, Amber Lawrence. Will be our 3rd Cruisin' Country

9 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Over 50 artists.

Sounds good but not much into country but have seen Adam Harvey quite a few times,my boss always has him at the Christmas party.

You don't know what you are missing 🙂 Contemporary Country Music would likely surprise you if you don't like the older styles. 

Harvey always seems to get corporate gigs & no relation to Peter or Gerry. He hails from country Victoria, nowhere near Canberaaaaaaaa. 

And yes Mic, there is line dancing & square dancing for the aficionados - not for us though. Even some bush poetry. 

I don't mind some of the contemporary country stuff,

Luke Dickens is a friend's son that has done okay and I don't mind some of his work. He was a Toyota rising star a few years ago and came second on Pop idol a few years before that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mr walker said:

You don't know what you are missing 🙂 Contemporary Country Music would likely surprise you if you don't like the older styles. 

Harvey always seems to get corporate gigs & no relation to Peter or Gerry. He hails from country Victoria, nowhere near Canberaaaaaaaa. 

And yes Mic, there is line dancing & square dancing for the aficionados - not for us though. Even some bush poetry. 

I find country a little depressing,songs about -

Crops have failed

Daddies in jail

Pick up truck won’t start 

Dog dies 

Someone stole my cowboy boots 

Wifes a alcoholic and run off with big John stud down the road.

Mr walker.

you have 536 days till your cruise.

You could grow your hair long ,stock up on Metallica T-shirts.A bit of body piercing,a few tattoos and one of those big BOOM BOXES.

With a few dance parties on your balcony you would be the talk of the serenade of the seas.

• Haha 1

Nah, like the ballads & some country rock ala Wolfe Brothers, McAllister Kemp, Travis Collins - no balcony dance parties.

Anyway, we are looking forward to the cruise and trying out Serenade for the first time, albeit quite a while to wait.

Nah, like the ballads & some country rock ala Wolfe Brothers, McAllister Kemp, Travis Collins - no balcony dance parties.

Anyway, we are looking forward to the cruise and trying out Serenade for the first time, albeit quite a while to wait.

Sounds great,maybe we will join you someday 

Bush Poets .. I do like Lawson ....   IE "Do you think I do not Know" or even "The Bush Girl"

Both sung nicely by Pricilla Herdman

Showing my age now

Regards

John

Edited by VK3DQ