Heads Up - Rockincruises charters

15 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

OMG

You made me laugh........

So many on our cruises out of Fll.

Thanks for the reminder of these girls.

Safe travels.

LOL you're welcome, I have often found it isn't the groups you know that you notice as much as the groups that you didn't expect 🙂

Now the 3N cruise I had where the firefighter brought his whole firehouse along for his honeymoon.... THAT was a memorable one 🙂

February 2020 is really popular as just looking quickly I also found full ship charters on these:

Allure February 9 sailing "7 Night Love It Like You Mean It Cruise"

Brilliance February 13 sailing "5 Night Adults-Only Temptation Caribbean Cruise"

Independence February 27 sailing "4 Night Rock Legends Cruise VIII"

Plus a group cruise on the Symphony February 15 sailing "7 Night Western Caribbean Gay Bears Cruise 2020".

Big business in cruise charters -  but I can't imagine dealing with all the headaches that come with trying to organize a full ship charter (especially for the Allure!), i.e. making sure everyone gets their $$$ in on time, etc.

Heck I was frazzled just doing a small family group with my relatives one time and said NEVER AGAIN! Mo cruisers, mo problems LOL :classic_biggrin:

2 minutes ago, SeaHunt said:

Big business in cruise charters -  but I can't imagine dealing with all the headaches that come with trying to organize a full ship charter (especially for the Allure!), i.e. making sure everyone gets their $$$ in on time, etc.

Heck I was frazzled just doing a small family group with my relatives one time and said NEVER AGAIN! Mo cruisers, mo problems LOL :classic_biggrin:

Oh goodness agreed!  I was SO HAPPY to get on board and tell everyone to do their own thing the one time I tried to organize family!  I jumped in and offered to help the organizer of one group cruise we joined since they seemed in over their head!

Edited by ShillyShally

On 4/16/2019 at 6:16 AM, SanzD said:

Just noticed that the July 7, 2019 Harmony of the Seas cruise has a Tech Cruise onboard.   Has anyone experienced a cruise with a partial charter? How does it impact crowds at venues? Hoping it will actually be a plus since I assume many of the attendees will be in seminars during the day.   

https://techcruise.co

From their web site.  Apparently Costa Maya is all grown up now.

47643441011_c222608bf9.jpg

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 1:01 PM, Sancho_proudfoot said:

There are a few short cruises chartered out of Southampton just before the repositionings back to the Carribean. They are marketed as "Stages" (google it) and feature mainly musical theatre stars (Michael Ball , Lee Mead etc).  They are full charters, so anyone booked onboard have booked specifically for the musical stars

The 2019 Stages cruise will be on the Explorer of the Seas October 14-18, 2019.  I think 90% of the Michael Ball fan club was on the 2018 sailing to Amsterdam.  Okay, yes, I'm a Michael Ball fan.  Unfortunately he won't be on the 2019 cruise but his buddy Alfie Boe will be on board.

On 4/16/2019 at 10:32 PM, Maplemoose said:

I am booked on one of these cruises. Obviously they are going to take over many of the venues and we are going to miss shows that we have paid for in our cruise fare. Will they refund my non-refundable deposit quickly or will it be a battle? Have I lost my $503? I have no interest in going on a partial cruise. 

Been on many partial Charters last 30yrs, biggest was 30% of passengers and they never took over "Many" venues. Lot of the time ones they did were daytime or in Theater on nite there was no regular show anyway. Lot of these cruises were actually better as they'd eat and entertain different times making where I was less crowded

I was on Symphony in January that turned out to be a partial charter, about 1/3 of the ship. There were only two things that bothered me. First there were no speciality restaurants available for the night 1 and 2 bogo that I pre-purchased. They did let me pick any other 2 nights that I wanted but I had to rearrange my show reservations. The other thing was that one evening they had the boardwalk closed from 6 to 10 PM. If it hadn't been for those 2 things I wouldn't have known it was a partial charter.

On 4/19/2019 at 10:27 AM, Btank said:

From their web site.  Apparently Costa Maya is all grown up now.

47643441011_c222608bf9.jpg

If That picture was taken in Costa Maya that was an extremely powerful telephoto lens in order to show hotels that are in Cancun 350 kilometers away. That is a stock photo of Cancun from travelsavvy.com.