Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
cotomom

What is the current standard for proof for military discount?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

How do you go about checking if your cruise has a military discount now?  I remember there used to be a check boxed on the find a cruise filters, but I no longer see that.

Edited by Akaicb
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Akaicb said:

How do you go about checking if your cruise has a military discount now? 

Option box at the page that asks how many in the cabin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Option box at the page that asks how many in the cabin.

Thank-you!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Akaicb said:

How do you go about checking if your cruise has a military discount now?  I remember there used to be a check boxed on the find a cruise filters, but I no longer see that.

 

Royal removed the ability to search for cruises that have certain discounts.  All you can do now is check the box and see if the price changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why the checkin agents at the pier would be interested in seeing proof of military service.  Cruise is paid for long before that.  With other lines you have to provide DD214 sometime during booking (Princess you fax it once for OBC and good forever).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

 

Royal removed the ability to search for cruises that have certain discounts.  All you can do now is check the box and see if the price changes.

Good to know, I was wondering how I could tell after going and clicking that area.  Sadly for the cruise i'm on next March there was no discount.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Akaicb said:

Good to know, I was wondering how I could tell after going and clicking that area.  Sadly for the cruise i'm on next March there was no discount.

 

 

 

There may be some travel agency websites that give the ability to search for various pricing programs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

 

Royal removed the ability to search for cruises that have certain discounts.  All you can do now is check the box and see if the price changes.

 

And if you continue to the mock booking before paying...you will see the discounts applied.  Still have never seen the military discount show up.  Must be pretty rare.  

Edited by island lady

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never received one, but they're not that much anyway, or, you get "this particular cruise has no military discounts available."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want a Military Discount, the best thing to do is call - However, I've been on 5 cruises, never was able to get any kind of military discount..  Weird..  I ask, they say "they don't have anything..."  It's all good tho..  But, for God sakes, don't bring your original DD-214 anywhere...  You should have many certified copies of both Copy 1 and 4....   Keep the originals in a safe place..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ScottVV said:

If you want a Military Discount, the best thing to do is call - However, I've been on 5 cruises, never was able to get any kind of military discount..  Weird..  I ask, they say "they don't have anything..."  It's all good tho..  But, for God sakes, don't bring your original DD-214 anywhere...  You should have many certified copies of both Copy 1 and 4....   Keep the originals in a safe place..

 

Agree...the DH just carries his VA plastic card in his wallet (credit card size).  It's all he needs for proof... if and when ever asked.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Awards
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...