Ocean Medallion Question Thread - Part 1

Host CJSKIDS

1 hour ago, SargassoPirate said:

What does your loyalty level on the Medallion get you or what does it prove?

18 minutes ago, PMGS247 said:

Same as cruise card.  Loyalty level is the same as loyalty level has ever been.

8 minutes ago, paul929207 said:

Exact same perks as with the cruise card. 

1 hour ago, cruiserdru said:

Whatever happened to the part about 2-4 weeks before your cruise????

They have a long way yo to with issuing the Medallion & the Ocean Ready App for entering your info so that you can get a Medallion.  There are a bunch of us on a cruise leaving Saturday that filled out the App months ago (we're in a CC Roll Call). I think almost all of us had the App indicate that we would pick up the Medallions after we had received them. Then we got the same email today, after having them delivered 6-8 days ago. 🙂

I just checked the App 🙂

Medallion.png

Edited by CruiseVA
  • Haha 1

On 7/16/2019 at 7:05 PM, paul929207 said:

I got all the stuff entered on the Ocean Ready app with no problem. Perhaps your trouble is an EBKAC (Error Between Keyboard and Chair) problem

Or is it a PICNIC?  Problem In Chair, Not In Computer. Sorry, couldn’t resist my Technical Support days response! 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, cruiserdru said:

Whatever happened to the part about 2-4 weeks before your cruise????

Sorry. In one of the many Princess missives/videos/ads, I thought they promoted our receiving our shipped medallions 2-4 weeks before our cruise.

19 hours ago, voljeep said:

Gotcha. So essentially, the color handy if  you want to flaunt your status - which will be harder to do if the color is a small band design on the Medallion.  

The perks are generated by your loyalty status, not the color of your cruise card or Medallion.  The color is simply indicative of that status.  

I've known people who have flaunted their cruise card as if meaning to say they are special and deserve special treatment.  All it really means is that you've spent a lot of money with Princess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/15/2019 at 4:27 PM, CCFC said:

Do they just mail them out to the US? I am on the CB in July and flying out from England.

Yes, only mailing to the US. You can complete the "ocean ready" app tho as part of the pre-cruise excitement. 

13 minutes ago, Plainsman said:

How far ahead of your cruise can you sign up for Ocean Ready? 

14 minutes ago, Plainsman said:

How far ahead of your cruise can you sign up for Ocean Ready? 

Generally 30 to 40 days prior to your cruise date. They must first load the cruises onto the ocean ready app. Sometimes sooner than that date. You are supposed to receive an email, others are also saying that they see a notice in their personal laser that completion of the ocean ready can be done. 

Some good news....

We were all set for our Sailing on August 3 to 17.  B2B Royal Princess.  DD was on the Aug 3 to 10 sailing.  She was offered a Move Over opportunity that she took.  She is now on the Aug 10 to 17 sailing.  We already received our medallions and the app was uploaded and working.  The good news... The app updated perfectly!  The new sailing is showing just like magic.  Good Job Princess IT team.

1 minute ago, floridababa said:

Does the Ruby Princess have the medallion set up? I keep getting different information

Thanks

She is currently has "MedallionNet"/faster internet with unlimited packages. 

She is scheduled to begin fully using the actual Medallions as of 1/27/2020

3 minutes ago, floridababa said:

Does the Ruby Princess have the medallion set up? I keep getting different information

Thanks

See  Princess website for more info about the "Net" part and Medallions. 

18 hours ago, INeedAMaiTai said:

Anyone know how secure the wristbands are?  I'm planning for a future cruise and wondering if my 14, 12, and 8 year olds would benefit from this.

Didn't use one but saw them up close they look very secure.  People who saved a few bucks and fit them into fitbit bands - not so much.  Thinking back to when I was an active 12 or 14  year old I probably could have conceivably found a way to break a medallion loose from the band, but it would be no small task....the wristband would be fort knox compared to the default lanyard where a lost medallion would be all but guaranteed.  Just speaking for my own 14 year old self...yours may have their heads on straighter 🙂

8 hours ago, donswife said:

Does anyone know if the fish I made on my prior Medallion cruise (CB last October) that followed me around will come back on my next medallion cruise, or do I have to make a new one?

????????

18 hours ago, INeedAMaiTai said:

Anyone know how secure the wristbands are?  I'm planning for a future cruise and wondering if my 14, 12, and 8 year olds would benefit from this.

I just got mine and it is very similar to the IWatch rubber band.  I feel it would be secure for your kids.

Is the Medallion "Waterproof"?

12 minutes ago, Sam.Seattle said:

I just got mine and it is very similar to the IWatch rubber band.  I feel it would be secure for your kids.

Is the Medallion "Waterproof"?

Yes.  I swam in the pool and ocean with my lanyard on and worked all week.  I did notice a degradation in how sensitive the "keyless entry" feature was at the cabin door as the week wore on, so I do wonder if it had some sort of effect. It still worked when held to any scanner, including the cabin door but it seemed in the last couple days the cabin sensor was either picking up my wife's or I had to hold it all the way up to the sensor, whereas in the beginning it picked it up from my lanyard around my neck without having to do anything.  First world problems, and may have had nothing to do with the water...definitely a small sample size, but noteworthy.

Edited by PMGS247
  • Like 1