Emerald Princess out off 16 day dry dock

LAS!!1414

35 minutes ago, nukesubsailor said:

Someone on the Emerald Princess needs to call the bridge and tell them to turn the bridge camera on.  I am tired of looking at the view seen when entering the shipyard in March.

Also, please report on whether or not the new TV's have the on-demand programing.

Agreed!!

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 6:27 PM, FoghornLeghorn said:

What is your issue with World Fresh Marketplace?  Could you elaborate?

I do not like the World Fresh Marketplace either. Its like getting sandwiches at a convenience store. One evening on the Caribbean Princess they only had one meat at dinner time at the carving station and they completely ran out. I just dislike the layout and choices etc.

On 4/16/2019 at 1:13 PM, dockhl said:

I am eager to hear if they upgraded the internet....I've heard it won't be until later in the year. Unfortunate, since we are embarking on May 3! (I'd love to be surprised :classic_tongue:)

The internet has NOT been updated -- in fact the whole ship lost service today for 4 hours !!!

1 minute ago, LAS!!1414 said:

The internet has NOT been updated -- in fact the whole ship lost service today for 4 hours !!!

Dang. I had (unreasonably) hoped that we’d have the better internet, since they were offering the Unlimited Internet option. Now it is probably more important than ever, if you need to get any work done on the ‘Net. I have lost SO MANY minutes from it not logging out....retrieved by the sweet internet gurus in the Internet Cafe, but what an aggravation. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, dockhl said:

Dang. I had (unreasonably) hoped that we’d have the better internet, since they were offering the Unlimited Internet option. Now it is probably more important than ever, if you need to get any work done on the ‘Net. I have lost SO MANY minutes from it not logging out....retrieved by the sweet internet gurus in the Internet Cafe, but what an aggravation. 

If they offer unlimited PrincessConnect, it is the old (slow) technology.

If they offer unlimited MedallionNet, it is the new (fast) technology.

11 minutes ago, caribill said:

If they offer unlimited PrincessConnect, it is the old (slow) technology.

If they offer unlimited MedallionNet, it is the new (fast) technology.

I suspect it is still the "old" tech since they mentioned an August upgrade.  One can still hope though.

Also, I just checked my personalizer and there is NO internet option listed.  Only a ship to shore.  The linked page does state to purchase it pre cruise and save, yet there isn't anything to purchase.  Maybe it's just a glitch on the web?  It's more curious on my part since we should have enough free minutes for late May trip.

23 minutes ago, RBAlbany said:

Does the World Fresh Marketplace replace the Horizon Court.  Is there a true buffet anymore?  I am so confused!!

Yes.  It is still the buffet but with a different name and layout.  We found it easier to move around in that the original layout.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, chamima said:

I hope they'll still have the DELICIOUS onion rings every other or every third day at the Salty Dog as they did when it was called the Trident Grill.

😁 🍟

10 hours ago, LAS!!1414 said:

LAS!!1414

Any news on the onion rings?

• Haha 1

On 4/17/2019 at 8:11 PM, nukesubsailor said:

Someone on the Emerald Princess needs to call the bridge and tell them to turn the bridge camera on.  I am tired of looking at the view seen when entering the shipyard in March.

Also, please report on whether or not the new TV's have the on-demand programing.

Can someone call Princess 800 in the US to complain about the bridge cam please -- no one on board here cares.

The bridge cam on the ship TV is correct.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2019 at 7:55 AM, chamima said:

I hope they'll still have the DELICIOUS onion rings every other or every third day at the Salty Dog as they did when it was called the Trident Grill.

😁 🍟

On a 28 day cruise one of our table mates asked the waiter in MDR if they ever served onion rings like the ones on Lido deck. He said that he absolutely loved them but they weren't always available and, on the days when they were "available" they were always out of them. The next night the waiter brought the table a giant bowl brimming with wonderful golden brown onion rings.

Note: On the Platinum/Elite/Suite menu card for the evening nosh they list "onion rings" on some nights but they are simply cut rings of raw red onion. Most disappointing.

Edited by Thrak

BTW Callie Smit is a male South African, despite the name. I was also on the first voyage, which had plenty of hiccups--we had to circle the bay outside Vancouver to calibrate the GPS, the first-night disco show was delayed due to technical difficulties, as were the outdoor movies part of the time.

Having loathed the cattle pen buffets on the Ruby,  with traffic monitors handing out plates and blocking reentry, I was quite happy to be allowed to enter and exit freely now. The areas also have some food stations facing the seating area, so you don't have to go in the inside area if you just want a quick snack. Unfortunately, the fancy signage, decor, and seating don't hide the awful, limited nature of the buffet food. As always, the quietest seating areas were in the back, where the BBQ and Steamers are set up at night. 

Fortunately I liked their pizza, which as added other items, like stromboli and calzone, and the burger place added street tacos, more upscale burger options (including an upcharge Ernesto burger), and chili dogs and fries.

One slight disappointment was that the Ocean Medallion screens in front of every cabin means no little nametag with your loyalty status color, or a spot to leave papers. 

On 4/18/2019 at 1:11 AM, nukesubsailor said:

Bridge cam is on 😀

• Like 1