Princess Cruises to Homeport in Tahiti 2020

Great news.

We did that cruise when both Tahitian and Pacific Princess were homeported there and Princess took them over from Renaissance Cruises when they went bust .. They were built enjoy all that Tahiti has to offer . The only hassle will be the flights as they are invariably in the middle of the night and depending on the cruise dates , overnights will be required .

Dont expect any cheap deals ...Paradise comes at a cost .

When you are booking one way they are expensive (if cruising back to Aus), but return Sydney look to be around $1,500 for either Qantas or Air NZ.  I'll certainly be looking at the prices tomorrow for the cruise.  Have been on Pacific Princess from Papette before and loved it.

48 minutes ago, pacificlover said:

When you are booking one way they are expensive (if cruising back to Aus), but return Sydney look to be around $1,500 for either Qantas or Air NZ.  I'll certainly be looking at the prices tomorrow for the cruise.  Have been on Pacific Princess from Papette before and loved it.

There has been a thread going for a while on the Princess forum, prices have been posted.......I think they go on sale here about 2am in the morning, better get ready to pounce haha, they are popular cruises with a lot of interest!!

8 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

There has been a thread going for a while on the Princess forum, prices have been posted.......I think they go on sale here about 2am in the morning, better get ready to pounce haha, they are popular cruises with a lot of interest!!

When they ran them last time they were so popular that they chartered planes for fly/cruise , that were all business class  .

Thanks for the heads up - have found dates etc.  Strange though when I rang Princess hoping to jump the gun as I'm Elite.....they knew nothing about the sailings.  I've done my homework re flight connections and am ready - will ring first thing tomorrow and hope I get a cabin.

45 minutes ago, pacificlover said:

Thanks for the heads up - have found dates etc.  Strange though when I rang Princess hoping to jump the gun as I'm Elite.....they knew nothing about the sailings.  I've done my homework re flight connections and am ready - will ring first thing tomorrow and hope I get a cabin.

No worries, I would be calling at 2am haha......well I am not but if I wanted a particular cabin etc I think Sarah said it worked out to 2am our time they are released.......that is for Elites, others the next day.

It's crazy when you call Princess and they know nothing, I asked a few questions before the latest itineraries were released that they couldnt answer and yet TA's had released prices etc???

Edited by cheznandy

14 minutes ago, pacificlover said:

The guy was agressive and spoke to me as if I was a moron.  Their office opens at 7.00am so will try then.

Did you get the Sydney office, US or Phillipines?

I never get the Sydney office anymore if I call the regular 1300 number, I get diverted to OS......last Sydney rep I got was working from home!!

I just call the PVP's now as they work from Sydney office.

25 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

I never get the Sydney office anymore if I call the regular 1300 number, I get diverted to OS......last Sydney rep I got was working from home!!

Does that work better?

42 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Does that work better?

Actually Mic, it does, I deal with the same person.......until they leave haha! I have a direct number and email for the person, and they can move FCD, refare and do all that stuff.

I had a really good one once who use to send me sales and specials, my recent one gave us an extra $100 OBC for any bookings with her made with the new release etc. Like having a TA that only works for Princess.

2 hours ago, cheznandy said:

Actually Mic, it does, I deal with the same person.......until they leave haha! I have a direct number and email for the person, and they can move FCD, refare and do all that stuff.

I had a really good one once who use to send me sales and specials, my recent one gave us an extra $100 OBC for any bookings with her made with the new release etc. Like having a TA that only works for Princess.

That sounds like a good deal for you and for Princess.

Quick update........rang at 7.01am this morning, got a home based agent.  My sailing of choice was the last one prior to relocation back to US.  Result: only inside cabin left on deck I wanted was next to laundry.  Agent was able to give me partial obstructed for same price.  Happy camper!  Prices are premium though due to demand.  I would suggest you don't spend too much time deciding if you want to do one of these sailings.

24 minutes ago, pacificlover said:

Quick update........rang at 7.01am this morning, got a home based agent.  My sailing of choice was the last one prior to relocation back to US.  Result: only inside cabin left on deck I wanted was next to laundry.  Agent was able to give me partial obstructed for same price.  Happy camper!  Prices are premium though due to demand.  I would suggest you don't spend too much time deciding if you want to do one of these sailings.

good result then.

1 hour ago, pacificlover said:

1 hour ago, icat2000 said:

I put a cabin on hold today. Allows me time to think about it. However, its pricey. 

Yay you two! Looks like lots of others got the cabins they wanted too.

Would have loved the opportunity to cruise on the Pacific there, but we have something planned for October 2020.......and those prices😨 

8 minutes ago, pacificlover said:

Giving away secrets.......but 2020 is my 80th birthday year.  I already have Indian Ocean cruise booked for January and now Tahiti in November.  Can't take it with me and I "just love to cruise" - note my tag Pacificlover

Good on you, enjoy.

1 hour ago, pacificlover said:

Giving away secrets.......but 2020 is my 80th birthday year.  I already have Indian Ocean cruise booked for January and now Tahiti in November.  Can't take it with me and I "just love to cruise" - note my tag Pacificlover

Thats is fantastic, I agree, cant take it with you!! I dont think the Pacific Princess will be around for me to do Tahiti on my 80th, hopefully the ships wont get too big to sail that area.

I have been there twice and agree that it is the most beautiful place........how lucky are we to have the Pacific Islands close by!!

Edited by cheznandy

On 4/16/2019 at 5:50 PM, cheznandy said:

At the risk of sounding silly who or what are PVP's and how do you get onto them.

Thanks

9 hours ago, valantine80 said:

At the risk of sounding silly who or what are PVP's and how do you get onto them.

Thanks

Not silly, I had no idea they existed a while ago. I think they may also be called CVP Cruise Vacation Planners or PVP Princess Vacation Planners.

They are basically travels agents that work for Princess from the office in Sydney.  When you are assigned one  they take care of your bookings........but to be honest thats all they do. I never get calls for price drops or special offers or anything.

If one leaves I get an email stating someone else will be my new cruise planner.

Its good to have an email or phone number direct rather than going through the call centres. Also your bookings show up just like booking direct with Princess on My Princess, where as when you book with a regular TA, the payment section doesnt show up, just the TA's name.

I usually book online, then email through the booking numbers to the PVP, she applies the FCD's (future cruise deposits) then if I want to refare, change categories or anything else I contact her direct.

Just call the 1300 number and ask to speak to a Cruise Planner, I am not sure of the criteria, when they asked me if I would ike one, they had noticed I had done a few Princess cruises.