What is NCL Bidding?

Empehi

About 80 days or so before the sail date if you booked through a participating agent, NCL may give you an opportunity to bid on a cabin 2 categories above your original booking.  Inside to oceanview, oceaview to minimize, balcony and above to suite.   

You will see the option in you reservation in MyNCL.  They give you what they consider poor through good bid.  In theory the more you bid the better you chances.   Your bid can be accepted all the way up to 2 days before sailing, and once accepted it is final.  You maintain your original promos.  You will be responsible for additional insurance if and higher DSC if applicable.

We have had our bid accepted twice.  Once for minisuite and once for haven penthouse.

Great question. I am new to NCL and have a booking for next March and had no clue what all the chatter was about. 🙂 I am not sure with our family of 5 there are many other options we could even move up with. I guess time will tell. And we have a long way to go. haha

On 4/15/2019 at 7:37 PM, keep on cruisin said:

About 80 days or so before the sail date if you booked through a participating agent, NCL may give you an opportunity to bid on a cabin 2 categories above your original booking.  Inside to oceanview, oceaview to minimize, balcony and above to suite.   

You will see the option in you reservation in MyNCL.  They give you what they consider poor through good bid.  In theory the more you bid the better you chances.   Your bid can be accepted all the way up to 2 days before sailing, and once accepted it is final.  You maintain your original promos.  You will be responsible for additional insurance if and higher DSC if applicable.

We have had our bid accepted twice.  Once for minisuite and once for haven penthouse.

I have a question, if you do not mind. When you place a bid, is it for additional payment than what you have already "paid". So like is it a you can bid on this next grade up room starting at $100 per person? Or is it a per person per day or just a flat total? We have a family type room so I think we could only bid on a Haven family 2 bedroom which we our out priced on right now. Wishful thinking. lol

13 minutes ago, Katwoman007 said:

I have a question, if you do not mind. When you place a bid, is it for additional payment than what you have already "paid". So like is it a you can bid on this next grade up room starting at $100 per person? Or is it a per person per day or just a flat total? We have a family type room so I think we could only bid on a Haven family 2 bedroom which we our out priced on right now. Wishful thinking. lol

You can only bid up two categories from your original cabin, in your case balcony and mini suites but neither of those accomadate five people.  To answer the other question your bid price is per person not per day and is always for 2 people whether you have 1 or 4 in cabin, example I bid $100 and I have three in my cabin, my winning bid price to upgrade $200 bucks

20 minutes ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

You can only bid up two categories from your original cabin, in your case balcony and mini suites but neither of those accomadate five people.  To answer the other question your bid price is per person not per day and is always for 2 people whether you have 1 or 4 in cabin, example I bid $100 and I have three in my cabin, my winning bid price to upgrade $200 bucks

Thank you! Bummer. We only have 2 room options with 3 kids. lol

And for those solo travelers that are in a Studio cabin you will not be able to bid.  The bidding process is only for inside cabins and higher.  And one more thing NCL picks your cabin so if you don't like the location you are stuck with it unless you want to pay more money to change it.

I’ve sailed with NCL  twice since this began, have another cruise booked 60 days out and another 200. Have never received an offer to upgrade. Was sure hoping to get to bid on Haven for our Alaska cruise in 60 days. They’re not sold out.  😔  oh well.  We’ll be happy with our mid ship mini. 

On 4/17/2019 at 4:44 PM, Katwoman007 said:

Thank you! Bummer. We only have 2 room options with 3 kids. lol

You have to split the parents. I've done 5 in a cabin on RCCL and two cabins every other cruise we have done. I will never put 5 in a cabin again.

Disney has no problem keeping the two cabins together on GTY. RCCL has a big problem simply because they cannot put cabins of two and cabins of three near each other (unless you are booking way, way out when it starts.) I have no idea how NCL is going to handle it. My hunch is  not so good. I can't even get a cabin assignment on GTY and our sail date is in  few weeks. I have an offer to bid on both cabins but I can't even get to that point without the assignment. 

On 4/18/2019 at 8:56 AM, BullyLvr said:

I’ve sailed with NCL  twice since this began, have another cruise booked 60 days out and another 200. Have never received an offer to upgrade. Was sure hoping to get to bid on Haven for our Alaska cruise in 60 days. They’re not sold out.  😔  oh well.  We’ll be happy with our mid ship mini. 

Do you book directly through NCL? Some travel agents do not participate in the program. You won't have received an invite yet for your sailing that is 200 days out, but should have for the one that is 60 days out. If you do not receive an email invitation, log into My NCL and look for a banner ad on the main page for your sailing saying "Let's Get You Upgraded". If you don't see that, You should also check your Message Center to see if there is an invite in there.