New P&O Website.

Eglesbrech

Thanks for this topic.

Just been having a look and I think it is really easy to navigate and very user friendly. Just checking out things for our cruise in just a few days . Yipeee

Have to say, I wish that all cruise line websites were as easy to use and cruises as easy to price up. I think that some of them don't want your custom so make it as difficult as they can when you are trying to book !

I think they have done a good job

:-)

PS Just had another look and am not sure if it is as easy as I once thought. Ha ha

I like the fact that you can go to your account and it gives you a list of all of your cruises . It has taken us a while to find the cruise planner etc

!

2 minutes ago, Canberra forever ! said:

It’s like the Cunard site (that’s awful too) but when I asked to look at all the fly cruises for the Med next year between April and Sept it told me to put in a cruise code ?? & when I didn’t I couldn’t get any further ?? hopeless!

Bring back the old web site ...please !

If you scroll down from where it asks for the code there is another search button but it is not in view (I missed it at first as well).

Using Microsoft Edge as my browser I was able to login but not view my cruise bookings or past history.

I switched to Google Chrome browser and was able to do this though when I clicked on "Manage Account & Loyalty" it prompted me to login again on a new screen.

Once I'd done that everything was where it should be.

This has happened before with P&O where their website seems sensitive to different browsers. 

Well, now I am checking out places to eat and on an adults only ship it is showing a children's lunch …. errrr

Now am 'Confused dot com'

If it makes anyone feel better it really is better than Celebrity, Holland America and MSC ----------- to name a few

52 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Using Microsoft Edge as my browser I was able to login but not view my cruise bookings or past history.

I switched to Google Chrome browser and was able to do this though when I clicked on "Manage Account & Loyalty" it prompted me to login again on a new screen.

Once I'd done that everything was where it should be.

This has happened before with P&O where their website seems sensitive to different browsers. 

Similar with me. Cannot access it using Chrome as my security suite appears to be blocking it (Kaspersky). If I disable some of the components it is ok. Never had this problem before.

23 minutes ago, Yesrock52 said:

Similar with me. Cannot access it using Chrome as my security suite appears to be blocking it (Kaspersky). If I disable some of the components it is ok. Never had this problem before.

Apparently Mr Putin doesn't like cruises (no bears to shoot) lol

• Haha 1

It’s just like the new Cunard site, which has been ill-received on the Cunard board. Some really silly errors, like describing cruise J915 to Canada as also visiting the US, which it doesn’t. Very hard to search for cabins. Crap.

Wow, I can see where this site gets its name with the emphasis on ‘critic’

All P&O have done is switch to a new version of their web-site, and of course there are going to be glitches...

Does it matter if a link to a restaurant on an adult only ship brings up a children’s menu?

Does it matter if you can’t see you Cruise history today?

Does it matter if you have lost you saved favourites?

If you have a problem, why not be constructive and send P&O a note, and I’m sure they will sort it out, even if it’s not today or tomorrow...

Happy Cruising All

I agree that it takes a bit of getting used to and is a bit long winded. However, on the positive side, you can now look at all the cabins that are available for a particular grade on a particular deck - not just the 8 that P&O  chose to show you! You can also view the available cabins on a deck plan - making it easier to select the “ best” one.

2C34985D-3044-4703-A106-61880FFB0BFA.jpeg

Edited by Spike11
Added picture
  • Like 1

I'm using Chrome, and found that clicking on "Menu" at the top-right of the screen, gave a drop-down list of options that included "Login".  I discovered that having logged in I was then required to reconfirm my communications preferences, which was slightly annoying, but all my information on past and future cruises and my loyalty points information was present and correct. 

6 minutes ago, Spike11 said:

I agree that it takes a bit of getting used to and is a bit long winded. However, on the positive side, you can now look at all the cabins that are available for a particular grade on a particular deck - not just the 8 that P&O  chose to show you! You can also view the available cabins on a deck plan - making it easier to select the “ best” one.

How do you do that please?

1 hour ago, Bruce62 said:

Wow, I can see where this site gets its name with the emphasis on ‘critic’

All P&O have done is switch to a new version of their web-site, and of course there are going to be glitches...

Does it matter if a link to a restaurant on an adult only ship brings up a children’s menu?

Does it matter if you can’t see you Cruise history today?

Does it matter if you have lost you saved favourites?

If you have a problem, why not be constructive and send P&O a note, and I’m sure they will sort it out, even if it’s not today or tomorrow...

Happy Cruising All

Professional organisations should not go live with a website without proper beta testing. It does not give the best impression. 

While testing will will never discover absolutely every issue it appears that they have missed quite a few.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

How do you do that please?

You go through the booking process and you get to a “ here’s your holiday” summary. Scroll down this to the cabin section and click on “ change cabin”. Chose “ select your own cabin”, then select the part of the ship and deck you want, then it will show you a picture like the one in my previous post. Hope you’ve not lost the will to live at this point! A bit long winded, but not too bad once you get the hang of it.

6 minutes ago, Spike11 said:

You go through the booking process and you get to a “ here’s your holiday” summary. Scroll down this to the cabin section and click on “ change cabin”. Chose “ select your own cabin”, then select the part of the ship and deck you want, then it will show you a picture like the one in my previous post. Hope you’ve not lost the will to live at this point! A bit long winded, but not too bad once you get the hang of it.

Thanks for that but I can’t see it on my iPad. Are you using a desktop?

I agree with the comment about the grey maps, awful!  

Our forthcoming cruises are all there, as well as our previous cruises.

On a slightly different note, the Peninsula Club page states that only Baltic tier and above get the half bottle of champagne.

Was this not previously a Caribbean tier perk?

Just been trying to do a dummy booking on my tablet, I found the new system very unstable and not at all user friendly, however on my laptop it was much better, still a bit twitchy but easy enough to check available cabins in a chosen location, but not at all certain these were a complete list based on the location of them, although it did seem as though it was finding the best 8 or so cabins in that location, rather than the worst on the old system.

Like others have said it does not seem to have been adequately beta tested, and certainly not for tablet use and quite likely smart phones as well.

I agree it's not great and lots of glitches, but definitely better for booking for a family than the old site - no longer need to everyone's names and DOBs for children just to get a quote, plus OBC seems much clearer throughout the quote process than it was to me before.

Edited by annarack
typo
  • Like 1