Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Eglesbrech

New P&O Website.

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

 

What a gross generalisation and really ageist as well. I am not part of the younger generation but I have no problem embracing change - when it works properly. In fact I am generally an early adopter.

 

The issue is not the change it is the lack of proper functionality.

Ageist you got me I am a young sixty years old,You being an early adopter you understand what change means and the learning process that goes with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

Ageist you got me I am a young sixty years old,You being an early adopter you understand what change means and the learning process that goes with it.

You can still be ageist / sexist etc even if you are part of the protected group.

 

Yes I understand the change curve perfectly thank you. As you will from my post further above I am also aware of the beta testing process. For me the issues on the new site are not about learning, they are about lack of functionality across a range of devices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

 

That is a bit of a generalisation, my complaint is nothing to do with resisting change. This new website does not provide the same information as the old one - when I book a cruise I want to see all the cabin grades and prices which the new site no longer shows (unless I am being stupid and cannot see where). It in fact just wants to allocate you a cabin, although there is an option to choose your cabin but without knowing the price or grade. If I wanted an allocated cabin I would choose a Saver fare. Basically it is just dumbing down the process IMO, just click Balcony and take what you are given, not what I want at all.

I agree all the information should be readily available but you being a seasoned cruiser know exactly what your require,so what I assume that they tried to simplify it for the new cruisers.

The usual thing is that over a period of time they will tweak it to address the complaints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

You can still be ageist / sexist etc even if you are part of the protected group.

 

Yes I understand the change curve perfectly thank you. As you will from my post further above I am also aware of the beta testing process. For me the issues on the new site are not about learning, they are about lack of functionality across a range of devices.

They if they have a good it department should have beta tested them across a series of devices,but it depends on the end user have they updated there device have they got third person add one etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bazrat said:

Actually your wrong the website is beta tested by a few customers to get feed back on any issues than it is rolled out to the general public, it’s like most things in life those used to the old ways resist change whereas the younger generation embrace it.

I wonder how many regulars on here were surveyed? Not us.

Anyone can quote surveys but are they a true reflection of P&O clientele who are probably over 40.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

They if they have a good it department should have beta tested them across a series of devices,but it depends on the end user have they updated there device have they got third person add one etc

 

Should have but looks like they haven’t. They will know exactly which devices used by customers via analytics.

 

They are a commercial organisation so common sense would dictate that they assume that some customers will not have the latest of everything. If not they potentially drop sales.

 

Presumably they will also have created a funnel report to see where the drop off is happening, monitor the bounce rates, exit pages etc

 

As it stands the new site needs some serious tweaking 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bazrat said:

I agree all the information should be readily available but you being a seasoned cruiser know exactly what your require,so what I assume that they tried to simplify it for the new cruisers.

The usual thing is that over a period of time they will tweak it to address the complaints.

I think people should be able to search the website from different aspects, some are destination based, others the ship, flying,  price not flying, length of cruise and so on.  I could not see transatlantic and wondered where these would be located on the website

 

I tend to give up on searches very quickly.

 

Regards John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, john watson said:

I think people should be able to search the website from different aspects, some are destination based, others the ship, flying,  price not flying, length of cruise and so on.  I could not see transatlantic and wondered where these would be located on the website

 

I tend to give up on searches very quickly.

 

Regards John

Just out of interest does all the other cruise lines web sites are as easily accessible as you wish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

Just out of interest does all the other cruise lines web sites are as easily accessible as you wish.

RCCL have had lots of complaints about their new website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bazrat said:

Just out of interest does all the other cruise lines web sites are as easily accessible as you wish.

 

I think the best ones are cruise specialist travel agent websites (not allowed to name them) other than that Princess seems to allow searching from a huge range of angles including start/finish intermediate ports.

 

Regards John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally agree about Princess very easy website to negotiate, but sometimes you can't beat just rocking up at the travel agent and letting them do the work for you .🌞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BarmyJackArmy said:

Totally agree about Princess very easy website to negotiate, but sometimes you can't beat just rocking up at the travel agent and letting them do the work for you .🌞

Yes travel agents used to be great, we used a local one for many years until they closed down.

 

The problem is that as a result of the massive increase over recent years in web based sales a lot of travel agents have closed down. In more rural areas there are now none left so there is no choice but to do a web based booking (or by telephone which is never great).

 

As John said above the best sites tend to be the big specialist agencies.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Yes travel agents used to be great, we used a local one for many years until they closed down.

 

The problem is that as a result of the massive increase over recent years in web based sales a lot of travel agents have closed down. In more rural areas there are now none left so there is no choice but to do a web based booking (or by telephone which is never great).

 

As John said above the best sites tend to be the big specialist agencies.

 

 

We used to use a TA close to us for years but went to book an holiday with them and they had closed down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

We used to use a TA close to us for years but went to book an holiday with them and they had closed down.

 

There used to be 5 TA’s close by, but sadly the last one is closing down next month. Sad, but it seems to be the way the holiday business is going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

High Street travel agents are disappearing fast - because very few people need them now and they're expensive to run. Estate agents may well go the same way too, and banks are fast disappearing.

 

Online's pretty much the only way now - but if companies are to survive a good website's essential.  P&O seem to be struggling with that, oddly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, docco said:

High Street travel agents are disappearing fast - because very few people need them now and they're expensive to run. Estate agents may well go the same way too, and banks are fast disappearing.

 

Online's pretty much the only way now - but if companies are to survive a good website's essential.  P&O seem to be struggling with that, oddly.

To be fair docco a few others are in the same position not just p&o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2019 at 11:11 AM, Bazrat said:

To be fair docco a few others are in the same position not just p&o

 

IMHO P&O have one of the better websites.  RCL and Norwegian are some of the worst offenders.

I find the new search function on the P&O is one of the quickest and easiest to use.  The pricing is also easy to understand and you don't need to go through 80% of the booking process to get a final price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Bobblehat71 said:

 

IMHO P&O have one of the better websites.  RCL and Norwegian are some of the worst offenders.

I find the new search function on the P&O is one of the quickest and easiest to use.  The pricing is also easy to understand and you don't need to go through 80% of the booking process to get a final price.

I'm with you on that - but we seem very much to be in the minority.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone connect to the ships webcams on the new website. My iPad won't show them nor will kroooze-cams.

Brian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BrianI said:

Can anyone connect to the ships webcams on the new website. My iPad won't show them nor will kroooze-cams.

Brian

 

I’m also using an iPad and I can see webcams from Arcadia, Oceania, and Ventura.

Les.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have managed to navigate slightly, although extremely difficult.    I cannot find how to find out what cabins are available.   Has anybody managed to do this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tablelamp said:

I have managed to navigate slightly, although extremely difficult.    I cannot find how to find out what cabins are available.   Has anybody managed to do this?

 

I would also like to be able to see the prices for individual grades rather than just cabin type. It must be available but I cannot find it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tablelamp said:

I have managed to navigate slightly, although extremely difficult.    I cannot find how to find out what cabins are available.   Has anybody managed to do this?

 

1 hour ago, Strawberry field said:

I have tried on Safari, google and edge without finding available cabins so have given up for a while

 

‘Quite a few people seem to be having trouble finding out how to select their cabin, so I’ve done a step by step guide that will hopefully help some of you. I’m using Safari on an iPad Pro. It does appear that you can’t change/select your cabin on sailings in the near future, unless anyone knows different, but I did a dummy booking for a random cruise in December this year to test this method.

 

1. Select the cruise you’re interested in.

2. Select Book Now (if it isn’t there just scroll down a little and it will magically appear).

3. Enter the number of passengers. You will then see the price for the cruise.

4. Scroll down and select Upgrade Now to Select Fare.

5. Scroll up a little and select Change Cabin. You will then see the screen (part of which is shown below) for changing the cabin type, deck, position, and number.

 

Les.

E1ECF94C-9A55-4634-A19E-93EA613DC3F0.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Problem most people have is "Select the cruise you're interested in"  There should likely be a huge amount of  browsing options available before you can answer this point.

 

Second point is, if you are very interested in an identified cruise, like 95% decided, clicking "Select Book ow" might be a mistake.

 

I wonder how much business is lost through people wanting to think things through more before getting to a point where they think they have gone past the point of no return and their money is gone.

 

Regards John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...