Can I use the Quench beverage package at the Grand Dutch Café?

SeaCBear

Just hoping someone can tell me, from personal experience, if I can use the Quench beverage package at the Grand Dutch Café to get cappuccinos, special teas, etc.  We will be on the Nieuw Statendam in June.

Thanks. 

46 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Have never had a Quench package, but none of our beverage cards (soda card, non-alcoholic beverage card, beverage card) were accepted at the Grand Dutch Café on the Koningsdam in February.

That's strange, I was on the Koningsdam in March and I used my pre-paid beverage card for my cappuccino's in the Grand Dutch Cafe.  

I also assume that you can use the Quench package card to get these items, am I wrong?????

1 hour ago, SeaCBear said:

Just hoping someone can tell me, from personal experience, if I can use the Quench beverage package at the Grand Dutch Café to get cappuccinos, special teas, etc. 

No, the Quench Package can't be used there. The package provides "unlimited mocktails, juices, bottled water (sparkling 330ml or still 500ml), Exploration’s Café Beverages and sodas." If you want cappuccinos or special teas, you'll need to go to the Explorations Café.  Also excluded are "purchases made in the Mini Bar, Chocolate Seduction, In-Room Dining, beverages purchased on Half Moon Cay." 

40 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

No, the Quench Package can't be used there. The package provides "unlimited mocktails, juices, bottled water (sparkling 330ml or still 500ml), Exploration’s Café Beverages and sodas." If you want cappuccinos or special teas, you'll need to go to the Explorations Café.  Also excluded are "purchases made in the Mini Bar, Chocolate Seduction, In-Room Dining, beverages purchased on Half Moon Cay." 

Thanks, but have you actually tried to use it at the Grand Dutch Cafe? 

I'm looking for personal experience. I know what the Quench Package description includes on their website, but as it's not listed as an exclusion, and as the Grand Dutch Cafe is not on all HA ships, I'm wondering if they just didn't include it in description of what IS included.

35 minutes ago, SeaCBear said:

Thanks, but have you actually tried to use it at the Grand Dutch Cafe? 

I'm looking for personal experience. I know what the Quench Package description includes on their website, but as it's not listed as an exclusion, and as the Grand Dutch Cafe is not on all HA ships, I'm wondering if they just didn't include it in description of what IS included.

For the other packages, coffee is listed as an included beverage. For the Quench Package, they have specifically excluded "coffee" and added "Explorations Café Beverages" instead. Seems pretty clear to me that you can't get a coffee from the Grand Dutch Café under the terms of the Quench Package.

You raised the same issue in another recent thread with no apparent success. Hopefully you'll find what you are looking for this time around. 

We used our 'Beverage Cards' for coffees at GDC.  We had no problem using it.  Don't remember the price but the coffee was awesome.  Too bad it the Quench Pkg doesn't work....or so we are told.  

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

For the other packages, coffee is listed as an included beverage. For the Quench Package, they have specifically excluded "coffee" and added "Explorations Café Beverages" instead. Seems pretty clear to me that you can't get a coffee from the Grand Dutch Café under the terms of the Quench Package.

You raised the same issue in another recent thread with no apparent success. Hopefully you'll find what you are looking for this time around. 

Yes, I am getting what I'm looking for this time, thanks! And actually, I last raised this topic last November (a lot can change in five months) and I was asking about the Koningsdam. 

Too often I have experienced that cruise line's online descriptions are not always accurate or complete, and that on board, food and drink policies seem to be very open to crew interpretation. So, I always like to get a preview of how a beverage policy is actually being applied on board a specific ship.

I could call and ask HA of course, but with each call I suspect I'd get a different answer to my question. 🙂

But, I did just find this Koningsdam Welcome Book online.  On the page that lists beverage packages, including Quench, it just not show the GDC as an exclusion.

quench.png

Edited by SeaCBear

17 minutes ago, SeaCBear said:

Yes, I am getting what I'm looking for this time, thanks! And actually, I last raised this topic last November (a lot can change in five months) and I was asking about the Koningsdam. 

Too often I have experienced that cruise line's online descriptions are not always accurate or complete, and that on board, food and drink policies seem to be very open to crew interpretation. So, I always like to get a preview of how a beverage policy is actually being applied on board a specific ship.

I could call and ask HA of course, but with each call I suspect I'd get a different answer to my question. 🙂

LOL. Of course, with the inconsistent application of policies from ship to ship and even crew member to crew member, it might be hit and miss onboard too.

BTW, you say you are getting what you're looking for this time, but I don't see any posts on this thread where the writer says that he or she was successful using the Quench card in the GDC.

We'll also be on the NS in June. We had no problem with a SBP in the GDC on the K'dam, and assume it will be the same on the NS, but we'll cross our fingers and hope that the Quench package works for you too.

• Like 1